Mourinho vs benitez - Both class managers

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby joependo » Tue May 31, 2005 1:57 pm

Maureen is just a cocky TwA2 who thinks he will win every single thing in the world.On the other hand Rafa is Cocky but not as much as Maureen.Rafa when we are winning he does not show any excitement because he knows the game is not over.Maureen thinks when they are winning they have won.Remember this sayin.

ITS NOT OVER TILL THE FAT LADY SINGS.
joependo

Postby taff » Tue May 31, 2005 2:02 pm

joependo wrote:Maureen is just a cocky TwA2 who thinks he will win every single thing in the world.On the other hand Rafa is Cocky but not as much as Maureen.Rafa when we are winning he does not show any excitement because he knows the game is not over.Maureen thinks when they are winning they have won.Remember this sayin.

ITS NOT OVER TILL THE FAT LADY SINGS.

???

Maybe a good manager would pace up and down looking worried. That would inspire his team.

Just because he manager another club does not make him bad.  He has his way and it works for him and good luck to him.  I prefer Rafa and am glad we got him but to suggest Mourhinho isnt up to much is crazy talk.
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Tue May 31, 2005 3:00 pm

Maurinho is a great manager, his achievements in such a short career as the head coach is a testiment to this. His antics of hogging the limelight is just a ploy to take the pressure away from his players and also to get into the minds of his opposite number.

Benithez is similarly good but he does the opposite, keep quiet, put his head down and get on with the job.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pablo_Escobar » Tue May 31, 2005 3:08 pm

Mourinho kinda reminds me of Rehagel (former Kaiserslautern coach) now Greece coach.
In 90' he came storming to Bundesliga from 2nd division and beeing a newly promoted team he won the Bundesliga. He was named a miracle maker.
Later it turned out that he for expamle said to one of his player to break "accidently" legs of opposing player on the pitch.

Don't like Mourinho, don't like his attitude, te hype surrounding him. I just don't. :O
Pablo_Escobar
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Tue May 31, 2005 4:34 pm

Did Phil Thompson quit or got fired. Im not sure Benitez was able to get him for his backroom, but then again, im not sure.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby molby » Tue May 31, 2005 4:43 pm

rafa is jose without the mouth. in that way he shows more class.???
molby

Postby RedorDead » Tue May 31, 2005 4:59 pm

Maureen is the kind of manager that if he is at your club you LOVE him but everyone else hates him, sort of like a Robbie Savage type.
Him and rafa have totally differnt styles though, Maureen is the ultimate motivator and instills confidence in his team. Rafa to me is the superior tactician and has a greater knowledge of the sport. They are both great in their own way but I am glad we have Rafa, he is more dignified in defeat and is in it for the long haul. Up the rafalution!!!
L - I - V.....E - R - P.......Double O - L....Liverpool F C!!!!!
RedorDead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby joependo » Tue May 31, 2005 5:44 pm

I would not like Savage at Lpool he would not fit in.In the midfield we have the greates or goodest.We have Xabi,Stevie G and Hamman
joependo

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue May 31, 2005 5:49 pm

Moris is a complete to*ser.Whether it's all a ploy or not, don't forget this punk thinks he's above the rules. Tap ups, meetings, the Barca fines. The blokes a total ar*e. I absolutely hate cocky people in all walks of life. I know he'd have his face smashed in if he went into a pub. The rights and wrongs of it are ignored by the entire pile of dog cack that is CFC, and I personally hope that we batter them next season. (As doubtful as that may be). Having said that, his achievements are there for all to see, (and boy does he want us to see them!). He has succeeded with the richest club in Portugal, and now England. (Before any1 starts, most people on here were saying that Porto last season were a better side than us this year! :p ) Rafa is dignified, reserved and better tactically than Jo. We definately hav ethe better manager, as theres no way on Gods clean earth we'd have won the CL with punk-boy at the healm. We'd probably have finished 8th as well. Moris is frightened of testing his skills at a real club (unlike Rafa), prefering instead to feed his arrogance by being the best boy in the stage show  "Gimps", by Abrahmovic Productions. I suppose your all going to b*tch at me now!!!?!!! :D

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 31, 2005 6:08 pm

chelsea were a club on the up when he took over, they finished second in the league and got to the champions league semi final the previous year. add this to an almost bottomless pit of a cheque book and you`ve got all the ingredients of a title winning side. true it still had to be done and he did it comfortably but i think ranieri would have had a good go at the title himself. after all his two signings of the summer were key players - robben and czech.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby red_guy » Wed Jun 01, 2005 5:39 am

Mourinho is a good manager..maybe one of the best but don't compare his glory in premiership with rafa's. Yes, he's good but he already got a class team when he arrived at chelsea...i personally don't think he can win the premiership last season, if he's the  manager of Liverpool..Credit to Rafa!
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Wed Jun 01, 2005 6:13 am

Rafa oozes class.
Maureen oozes arrogance.

Therefor Rafa will get my vote each and everytime :bowdown
66-1112520797

Postby akumaface » Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:44 am

I think liking him is one thing, being a good manager is another. He is definitely a good manager but I don't personally like his style. I don't think there is anything wrong with that as people have preference and I perfer Rafa's style instead of Moureen. I got a feeling Rafa will better than Moureen in terms of winning cups for the next decade or so. I hope I'm right haha!  :D
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:54 am

Difficult question, if you put the two managers in each other 's shoes i think most people me included  probably with a biased slant would say Rafa would still have won league for Chelsea. Not sure whether Maureen could have got us the CL with the squad we had.

Also whether its an image or not his tantrums towards UEFA when things havent gone his way for me are just as big a disgrace as dummy spits of Fergie and Whinger and do nothing for the game

Oh yeah and i did notice the trend that Rafa seems to be following in Maureens footsteps, heres hoping  :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sean » Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:20 am

Mourinho is a bit of a plonker but in fairness his run along the touchline after Porto knocked United out of the champions league last year was class.
Also, he has added life to the premiership given that the feud between Fergie and Wenger was getting boring.  Having said that I wouldn't swap Benitez for anyone.  He reminds me of Paisley....never one for self promotion and always playing down his own team......while winning bucket loads of titles and european cups !!!!!
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion