Most memorable liverpool goal - Opinions

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Nando » Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:40 pm

Being a Liverpool fan over the last 10 years I have witnessed some great Liverpool Football Club goals, moments and triumphs. I just wanted to know what everyones most celebrated LFC moment was. If I had Sky Sports at the time of the 1st 4-3 with Newcastle then I'm sure Stan Collymores goal would have been the loudest and the most I have ever celebrated.

For me the single greatest moment where I celebrated so much was Gerrards goal against Olympiakos. The reason for this was I was watching this at home on my own whilst babysitting my niece and she was asleep throughout the game. I was having a miserable day due to a breakup with a long term girlfriend and Rivaldo netting and making it seem almost impossible for us to progress through to the knockout stages.

I managed to keep a lid on my celebratory antics when Pongolle and Mellor scored taking into hindsight the fact my niece was asleep and didnt want to wake her up as she was only 1 at the time and she could be a handful when awake. However, when Gerrard scored THAT goal I erupted with rapture moreso that I have ever done before. I couldnt give a :censored: about my girlfriend as I heard Andy Gray in the background going ballistic "OHHHH YOU BEAUTYYYYYY, WHAT A HIT SON''  was ringing in my ears. Add to this my niece woke up due to my loud antics you could imagine the verocity of sound in my sitting room which led to my neighbour promptly knocking frantically at the door thinking something was wrong.

If I had to choose between breaking up with my girlfriend or seeing Liverpool not become victorious in that game then I would choose breaking up with my girlfriend every time. This might be sad to some but with Liverpool you experience feelings and a range of emotions that not much else could amount to. I have watched this game numerous times since then and it is always a spine tingling moment for me and I am sure it would still be in the future.

What is everyone elses greatest LFC moment?
Nando
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mattylfc » Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:57 pm

Yikes, theres so many!

Gerrard vs Olympiakos
Gerrard vs West Ham
Mellor vs Arsenal
Ruddock vs Man Utd
Collymore vs Newcastle
Beardsley v Everton
Barnes vs Everton
Gary Mac vs Everton
Gerrard vs Man Utd

Could name so many and couldnt possibly say what one sticks out the most. Great memories!
mattylfc

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:13 pm

i was 11 years old standing in tha paddock when terry mac scored the seventh against spurs in 1978.

i didnt fully appreciate until later when i saw it on tv
112-1077774096

Postby stmichael » Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:14 pm

peewee wrote:i was 11 years old standing in tha paddock when terry mac scored the seventh against spurs in 1978.

that cross is as good as you will ever see

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhyLCCne9s0
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby CardinalRed » Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:18 pm

How about:
Kenny vs Chelsea
Rushie vs Everton ('86 Cup final)
Alan Kennedy vs Real Madrid
Owen vs Arsenal ('01 Cup Final)
Stevie vs West Ham
Robbie vs Alaves
Dave Fairclough vs St Etienne

To be honest you could literally go on and on and on etc......... THAT'S why we are a great club, the list is endless and there's not many clubs in the World that could mirror it...

:cool:
CardinalRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:22 pm

stmichael wrote:
peewee wrote:i was 11 years old standing in tha paddock when terry mac scored the seventh against spurs in 1978.

that cross is as good as you will ever see

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhyLCCne9s0

perfection mike, one touch,

but why does it say 1977 on youtube, it was 78 after the argenina world cup and spurs had villia and ardiles
112-1077774096

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:28 pm

vladimir smicer vs milan is one which will always stick out for me.   I NEVER thought he'd hit the target let alone get a goal!  It was from that moment that i realised we were back in the match and Milan were scared.  :buttrock
Last edited by 7_Kewell on Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ConnO'var » Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:32 pm

Was only a kid back then but Jimmy Case's strike against the scum in the 1977 FA cup final sticks out like a beacon......

Remember bawling my eyes out when we lost.... :(

Was with me da at home on the day.... remember him belting me uncle over the head for jinxing the game for us as he'd carried on harping bout how we'd never win coz we were in the away strip..... bout the only time I saw me old man ever lose his cool.....

Memorable coz it was a terrific strike and also coz me uncle got one on the head as I really hated the git back then.... 

:laugh:
ConnO'var

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:46 pm

I went to that game peewee was a great day and a wonderful goal. If it had been on M.O.T.D. they would still be using it now.
account deleted by request

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:43 pm

Time to praise God...

Sadly, before my time but these goals from Fowler are simply sublime.  What skill!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugcHI40KC78

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kg54mPNcbTk
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby 67-1161385641 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:59 pm

There have been quite a few.
Johnny Barnes vs Everton

Kenny Dalglish vs Chelsea

Robbie Fowler vs Reading

Robbie Fowler vs Birmingham

Patrick Berger

Fowler vs Brann

There are a lot more that I really like, but I can't find video's.
67-1161385641

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:03 pm

Terry Mac also scored a great goal in the semi-final replay win over Everton in 1977. He chipped the goalkeeper for a great goal.I think it won goal of the season. We won 3 -0. I would be greatful if anyone can find any video's of this goal.
account deleted by request

Postby Effes » Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:08 pm

I loved this goal:

Kenny vs Everton 1986 - 1st of 3 in the first half!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvOvP64U84c
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:11 pm

Effes wrote:I loved this goal:

Kenny vs Everton 1986 - 1st of 3 in the first half!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvOvP64U84c

Great strike, that.

I think I read somewhere recently that Kuyt has yet to settle on a celebration for when after he scores in England.  Perhaps he should borrow King Kenny's: fling both arms straight up in the air and run about waving your palms madly!  :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby red37 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:13 pm

s@int wrote:

I went to that game peewee was a great day and a wonderful goal. If it had been on M.O.T.D. they would still be using it now.

that is my all time favourite as well: a sublime move encompassing the whole width/length of the park...my top 10

1) McDermott v spurs
2) McAllister v everton
3) Owen v arsenal
4) Gerrard v olympiakos
5) Tommy Smith v borussia M
7) Fairclough v st etienne
8) Garcia v chelsea
9) Gerrard v west ham
10) Riise v man utd

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member