Most depressing day

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:42 pm

According to scientists this is the most depressing day of the year and with that being said heres a good article from LFC.tv that might change that for us:

Fernando Morientes may not have experienced the best of starts to his Liverpool career but he remains adamant that this club is heading in the right direction. 
The Reds' new Spanish striker is yet to witness a Liverpool victory since his recent arrival from Real Madrid.

Defeat on his debut to Manchester United was followed by another dismal result against Southampton on Saturday. In between he witnessed the FA Cup debacle at Burnley but his first impressions of life at Anfield have not been tainted.

"Whatever happens, this team will give their all for the club and for the fans," says Nando. "We still have chances to win trophies this season but I think it's better for us to be prudent.

"My first impressions of Liverpool are very, very good. It is without doubt one of the biggest clubs in Europe and I am sure that we can achieve our plan of being one of the select group of clubs that compete for the biggest titles over the next few years."

In the two games Morientes has played, it's clear that he's still not one hundred per cent match fit and he adds: "All I can do is ask the Liverpool fans to be patient with me because I am sure that some positive results and plenty of goals will arrive soon. I also know that I need a few more matches before I am 100 per cent fit and in tune with everybody else.

"Personally I am feeling very comfortable here and the fact that Rafa Benitez, Nunez, Alonso and the other Spanish players are here to help me understand everything also helps."

On Tuesday night the three times Champions League winner hopes to experience his first taste of English cup football by leading the Liverpool attack alongside Milan Baros at Watford in the Carling Cup semi-final second leg.

It's a prospect he's relishing and already he believes his partnership with Euro 2004's leading marksman can be a fruitful one.

"I am really looking forward to the semi-final against Watford. All players love to win medals and I am no different. It's important to all of us to reach the final. I came to Liverpool to help the club win trophies and we all feel exactlythe same way.

"I can't promise that my partnership with Milan Baros will bring trophies to Anfield this season but that is our target for the next couple of seasons. I think the Baros-Morientes attack will be very successful because we are goalscorers. We haven't had much time to get to know each other off the pitch yet but I'm sure we will get on fine on the field as well as off it."
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby dawson99 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:54 pm

morientez has the attitude we crave at this club. with him and baros headnig the line i can see good things ahead, cheers ab, great post
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion