Morientes

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ronmeister » Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:31 pm

Well i was impressed with what i saw of him what about everyone else
ronmeister

Postby bigmick » Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:38 pm

I'll give him all the time he wants after that display. Clearly not match-fit but class at every turn and touch. 6 million looks like a steal to me. Give him four games and he'll look like a world-beater, also I thought Baros was excellent today so its not all doom and gloom for me.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ronmeister » Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:40 pm

Aye said it in another post "The future looks bright" his movement was excellant the way he kept getting himself space he also looks a very intelligent player i noticed he adapted to the midfield and started to make some runs for them to aim at,Just before he was subbed
ronmeister

Postby bigmick » Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:45 pm

Gave it all away with the header from the corner. Got above Keanne which isn't easy but it was the couple of steps backwards which caused Keanne to just get his wieght onto his wrong foot that did it for me. He almost got to the one before and had obviously thought about it the next time. Good players do that, they think.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby coolsobs » Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:46 pm

for one of the first time's this season i thought our strikers played really well and they could have scored a lot of goals if it wasn't for our underperforming midfielders. especially liked the link up play between them and his little flick ons to baros.
coolsobs

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:49 pm

Both Morientes and Pellegrino had a decent game considering the circumstances .
Despite todays massive dissapointment I don't see any other teams outside of the current top 3 giving us to much to worry about .
If Stevie G sticks with us I'm convinced we'll be SERIOUS contenders for the prem championship within the next two seasons .
Walk On .

:)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Redrider » Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:49 pm

Garcia came into the game in a much more positive way, using Morientes as a front man to focus on.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:56 pm

Don't agree with that redrider , Garcia although full of skill is responsible for most of our best attacks breaking down . (and i'm not just talking about today) . :angry:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Redrider » Sat Jan 15, 2005 11:10 pm

I am only talking about today and I saw a vast improvement from his last two games. Mark my words, now that we have a focul point to our forward line his play and also that of Baros will have more purpose and direction. Both will become more incisive. Cheer up Woof, we are turning the corner, with a decent goalie we will become World Beaters!! :)  :)
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby ronmeister » Sat Jan 15, 2005 11:13 pm

Gotta agree with Red on this as soon as we get a decent goalie we should start being a hell of a lot more consistent,Would be nice to land Cuddacini (is that how its spelt) from chelsea reserves :)
ronmeister

Postby Jan Cuelemans » Sat Jan 15, 2005 11:23 pm

Agree Morientes had a great debut especially since he only generally gets about 15mins game time. About the keeper, a good keeper instills his confidence into the rest of the team,Dudek needs to get that confidence back.
The ofton underrated, Belgium Internalional Superstar !
Jan Cuelemans

Postby A.B. » Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:31 am

Both Morientes and Pellegrino had a decent game considering the circumstances .
Despite todays massive dissapointment I don't see any other teams outside of the current top 3 giving us to much to worry about .
If Stevie G sticks with us I'm convinced we'll be SERIOUS contenders for the prem championship within the next two seasons .
Walk On .

Best thing I've heard all day.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby jimmymckelvey » Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:54 am

he is just what we need
jimmymckelvey

Postby Alanay » Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:20 am

He played well. Need to give better deliveries for him. I think, if he played for the whole 90 minutes, we might get a draw. But, I guess, he didn't fit enough. Overall, I think we played very well, except for Garcia. He's not up to his good performance. Are we getting a really good keeper ?
Alanay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Sun Jan 16, 2005 11:34 am

i expect we're all as disappointed as he is that he didn't get a 6th (!!) consecutive debut goal. but he's human and he's going to be the business for us. looking forward to the next game already.

pelle i though was solid too. his positional sense, as we'd been led to believe, was excellent. he hardly had to run or chase anything - he just knew where he had to be. if we can just wean him of the hoofing technique we've got a quality CB.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion