Morientes' goal yesterday - Top class

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:40 pm

i haven't seen a liverpoool striker attack a ball in the air like that since john toshack. just superb to watch. it just goes to show that given the service he'll be dynamite for us. it wasn't just his goal though, his link up play is superb too.

to consider that everton paid the same amount for james beattie is quite astonishing.

to me, rafa's gonna have a dilemma next season as to who partners him, milan or cisse. healthy competition can only be a good thing.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby A.B. » Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:43 pm

to me, rafa's gonna have a dilemma next season as to who partners him, milan or cisse. healthy competition can only be a good thing.

Many might disagree but I would play Cisse as a winger until he adapts to the pace of the English game. He's got the pace,the skill and the strength to play as one and if everything goes well with his recovery then he might become even a better player like Larson did after comming back from his leg break.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:49 pm

A.B. wrote:

Many might disagree but I would play Cisse as a winger until he adapts to the pace of the English game. He's got the pace,the skill and the strength to play as one and if everything goes well with his recovery then he might become even a better player like Larson did after comming back from his leg break.

Great idea that AB!!

Play a striker out of position on the right of midfield to help him adapt to playing in the English league. ???

What planet do you watch football on lad?

El Hadji Diouf ring any bells?

Houllier bought "the assasin" striker and played him on the right of midfield, and he was garbage.

Big Sam plays him up front and he is a revelation.

AB, sometimes you make me laugh, and sometimes you worry me greatly.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:53 pm

Remember Thierry Henry?
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:55 pm

A.B. wrote:Remember Thierry Henry?

Your total lack of football knowledge is at times hilarious.

Henry was a winger who Wenger converted into a striker.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:56 pm

eh?

he was not a winger and wenger realised this. now look at him.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby A.B. » Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:01 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:

Cisse has played as a winger at certain point during games this season and played fairly well in that position.

Note that I also didn't say that I would play Cisse pernamently in that position only for the time being.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:04 pm

A.B. wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:

Cisse has played as a winger at certain point during games this season and played fairly well in that position.

Note that I also didn't say that I would play Cisse pernamently in that position only for the time being.

If you mean that by touching the ball whilst on the right hand side of the pitch he played as a winger, then I saw him head the ball out from a corner, so he must have also played alongside Hyppia at the back. :D

Admit you talk ****** lad.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:04 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:

You're incompetence, arrogance and stubbornness is incredibly annoying. Perhaps you should seek counseling for your constant mood swings, light up that torch you have handy there,I assume you know what do with it next.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:07 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
A.B. wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:

If you mean that by touching the ball whilst on the right hand side of the pitch he played as a winger, then I saw him head the ball out from a corner, so he must have also played alongside Hyppia at the back. :D

Admit you talk ****** lad.

No I don't mean that dumb f#cker. Here's a tip, if you don't agree with something or don't like it then don't reply. It's not f#cking rocket science, it's quite simple. You talk about the low standard on the forum at the moment yet you don't make it any better by replying it the way you do.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby stmichael » Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:10 pm

Back to Morientes. The way he ran across his marker to get to the cross was outstanding.

Now that he's getting match fit I can't see any major  weaknesses to his game?? Maybe he's not the fastest but neither was Kenny.....when you have the brain you dont need the pace, first 2 yards are in the head as with all great players.

As I said, to think we got him at virtually the same price as Beattie when there is no comparison between the 2 in terms of talent, its an absolute steal it really is.

God willing, he stays free from injury and gets a good run in the side to keep his fitness levels up.

He is going to be a legend for this club, make no mistake about it.  :)
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby A.B. » Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:15 pm

stmichael wrote:Back to Morientes. The way he ran across his marker to get to the cross was outstanding.

Now that he's getting match fit I can't see any major  weaknesses to his game?? Maybe he's not the fastest but neither was Kenny.....when you have the brain you dont need the pace, first 2 yards are in the head as with all great players.

As I said, to think we got him at virtually the same price as Beattie when there is no comparison between the 2 in terms of talent, its an absolute steal it really is.

God willing, he stays free from injury and gets a good run in the side to keep his fitness levels up.

He is going to be a legend for this club, make no mistake about it.  :)

He hasn't played 5 months this year and is nowhere near 100% fit yet he's playing outstanding football. Great player, 6.5 million was a bargain considering that Beattie was sold for 6 million and AJ is valued at 8 million. What class, I can not wait until Alonso and Cisse return.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Woollyback » Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:38 pm

Got to agree with you St Mick about Morientes, he just looks pure class, simple as that. He will go from strength to strength and become a firm fave at Anfield, possibly even an Anfield legend if he sticks around long enough 

To get him for 6m is astonishingly good business from Benitez
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Tobin*LFC* » Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:57 pm

jus think lads...cisse morientes and baros. got to be in top 10 strikers in da prem and they all play 4 us :D  :D
You'll Never Walk Alone..
Tobin*LFC*

Postby Huck » Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:59 pm

El Moro is perfect for any team all around the world...in  my opinion is one of the last STRIKERS in capital letters that still exist...dont hesitate hes gonna score loads of goals for u.
Merengues and Reds together
Huck

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion