Morientes' goal yesterday - Top class

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Woollyback » Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:51 pm

Fowler_E7 wrote:i also fail to see how playing cisse as a winger would help him in anyway. The guys a striker and should be played as a striker and thats it.

Sounds very simple, but all the best ideas in the world are usually very simple.

Play him as a striker, that's all there is to it
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:53 pm

stmichael wrote:cheyrou cost 3.8m if i'm not mistaken. it was nowhere near 6. ???

Correct me...I thought it was £6M. Alright then, throw in Diao and Biscan and I think the 3 of them have as much talent as El Moro's left toe!
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthernScouser » Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:58 pm

Boys Boys
Don't wind him up :D
This started off as a good thread
Was a cracking goal by Nando - and a good ball in as well
But agree with you - it's a joy to watch someone running late - and attacking the ball with such Gusto :D
To me - he's got eveything, strength, ability in the air, power, skill - and he works damn hard for the team

I must admit - I know our your winding him up - but it had crossed my mind - what are we gonna do if everyones fit
but only fleetingly - then I reminded myself of the injuries we have this season :(
SouthernScouser

Postby stmichael » Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:01 pm

SouthernScouser wrote:what are we gonna do if everyones fit

we'll cross that road when we get to it. i can't see it happening in the forseeable future. :(

saturday was the first time benitez has been able to name an unchanged side since the first week of the season. :oh:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Santa » Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:31 pm

Fowler_E7 wrote:i also fail to see how playing cisse as a winger would help him in anyway. The guys a striker and should be played as a striker and thats it.

We saw Cisse playing on the right for tactical reason, and tactical reason only. I think it was to draw their defenders wide to give Baros more space. I don't think it was Rafa's idea to convert him to winger. His goal-scoring record shows that he is too prolific to be "wasted" out wide. JMHO

Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:38 pm

cisse has played wide right. sinama has played wide right. hell even baros was asked to play there against watford for the sake of the team. but anyone who suggests that playing there is of any benefit to a striker just look at craig bellamy. he slated his manager for playing him on the wing when a blind man could see he was much better upfront.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby hawkmoon269 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:57 pm

Morientes' header was amazing to watch, sublime.... back to the traditional qualities of a striker.

However, let us not forget about Andy Coles', it too was excellent - both Luis Garcia and Traore combining to give Boa Morte an easy target onto Cole's head
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:00 pm

hawkmoon269 wrote:However, let us not forget about Andy Coles', it too was excellent

yeah but it was andy cole. he'd been hypnotizised before the game into thinking he was a footballer. :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby SouthernScouser » Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:09 pm

yeah
I'm sure he'd lost his bearings and thought the goal was another 5 metres away when he headed it :D
Typical x Scummers - always come out the wood work aginst us - and start rolling back the years
Hang on - that doesn't work - if he'd been rolling back the years - He Would Have Bloody Missed :laugh:
SouthernScouser

Postby Santa » Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:12 pm

I think he was diving and if the ball misses his head, he would have claimed a penalty!

Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crazyhorse » Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:13 pm

The opening post on this thread says it all. Morientes shows the signs of being Tosh II - the new and improved version; if this is the case Rafa will have to be locked up for the steal of the centuary after only paying 6 million for this lad - he makes Heskey look like what he is - a knock kneed pillock..

As for the other issue running through this thread - Henry. I seem to remember he was stuck out on the left wing playing for Juventus and was attracted to Arsenal partly because Wenger wanted to play him in his favoured position - up front. He was playing out on the left for the French national team until well after he bedded into the Gooners first team.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:26 pm

peewee wrote:
A.B. wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:
A.B. wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:
A.B. wrote:Remember Thierry Henry?

Your total lack of football knowledge is at times hilarious.

Henry was a winger who Wenger converted into a striker.

Cisse has played as a winger at certain point during games this season and played fairly well in that position.

Note that I also didn't say that I would play Cisse pernamently in that position only for the time being.

If you mean that by touching the ball whilst on the right hand side of the pitch he played as a winger, then I saw him head the ball out from a corner, so he must have also played alongside Hyppia at the back. :D

Admit you talk ****** lad.

No I don't mean that dumb f#cker. Here's a tip, if you don't agree with something or don't like it then don't reply. It's not f#cking rocket science, it's quite simple. You talk about the low standard on the forum at the moment yet you don't make it any better by replying it the way you do.

i have a great idea, maybe we can play morientes on the wing until he gets used to playing in the premier league. 

in all fairness AB you do talk sh!te at times and only once have i seen you admit you got something wrong since you got on here. yes it can happen, ray kennedy was a striker and paisley converted him into one of the best midfielders in europe, but we should not have to play people out of position unless we have an injury crisis. if we need a winger we should buy one. i would go after swp, im not @rsed about a new stadium just yet, i would rather see the money going into a champion winning squad  which will the generate money for the new stadium. lets get it right on the pitch first.

You have 25 million pounds ? Because the club doesn't seem to have that kind of money to be spent on one player. SWP is overpriced as any other English player [i.e. AJ]
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion