Morientes,anelka,aimer,poreginho,carson all join - Rafa splashes the cash

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Sun Jan 23, 2005 9:57 pm

Kop Kid wrote:A.B., at one point steve g broke clear down the left and the only player to make a good forward run was Riisse from the other side of the pitch and he actually pushed Fernando as he was just standing there staring as if he'd seen a ghost.  Thats my frustration, as well as about a few other hundred around me at the time.

Without Alonso Gerrard shouldn't be going forward imo. He should be dictating the passing game, no free roles. With Alonso he can advance and attack because Alonso dictates the passing game but  Hamann isn't ALonso and Gerrard shouldn't do that. Gerrard along with everyone else in the midfield was poor.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Kop Kid » Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:01 pm

I agree. Whats more frustrating is that Redknapp played our midfield off the park, alongside players of no real quality, yet Steve G and his international buddies just dont click at all.

I wish i was payed what they get paid sometimes and id play 4 times a week and run around 4 times as much as them.

Sorry, just a little frustration coming out.  Not enjoyable to have to fork out so much money in a week and be robbed of any heart and disire at all.
Kop Kid

Postby Ciggy » Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:01 pm

??? Hope this isnt true wtf the club want to sell him?

£10million Baros attracting interest from Barcelona
#396936 - 23/01/2005 10:57   Reply 

The agent of Milan Baros has confirmed that La Liga outfit Barcelona have expressed an interest in his client.

KopTalk exclusively revealed recently that the Czech international would be sold off if a buyer can be found and already a handful of clubs have been linked with a possible move.

Several Italian clubs have made contact with the player's agent but now it would seem that Barcelona have been informed of his availability.

Paska Pavel said: "Barcelona have been alerted to Milan's situation but nothing can happen right now."

Last week Pavel also spoke of the interest from Fiorentina when he said: "Baros has a long contract with Liverpool but we are happy with Fiorentina's interest."

Pavel insisted at the time that a possible move to Genoa was not an option.

Various newspapers touch on the possibility of a summer move if a buyer can be found and his fee is quoted at between £6million and £10million depending on which reports you read. One report claims that Baros is unhappy because the club 'doesn't match his ambitions'. We understand though that it is the club who are actually looking to sell him which is a worrying thought.

It's worth noting that Baros has previously gone on record as saying that he would love to play for Barca one day.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:14 pm

If it's comming from KopTalk then flush it down the toilet. KopTalk also said we would be signing Shearer and Gravesen.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:16 pm

If we are going to sell him then it has to be more than 10 million.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:18 pm

Sounds to me like his agents wantin some cash  :glare: and if these 3 clubs have been alerted that hes available, someones been making noises havent they?
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Tobin*LFC* » Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:18 pm

i dnt think we will let him leave
i think rafa will try an keep hold ov him untill cisse cums bk from his broken leg :(
You'll Never Walk Alone..
Tobin*LFC*

Postby A.B. » Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:21 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Sounds to me like his agents wantin some cash  :glare: and if these 3 clubs have been alerted that hes available, someones been making noises havent they?

The media is bored.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Kop Kid » Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:43 pm

Then again if he is set to go, then surely we are set to get Anelka, otherwise we will have no strikers good enough to play in the CL!
Kop Kid

Postby dosserboy » Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:50 pm

Baros leaves, Anelka in? Would not surprise me! Anelka has more vision than Baros. Although I am a big fan of Baros I am a fan of Anelka, and I think Anelka would be better for the side.
dosserboy

Postby Tobin*LFC* » Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:15 pm

see i dissagree wiv that lads...
i think baros is class i rele do...
he jus needs to look up when he makes these runs lol
but other than that i think he a rele gd player an a player worth keeping hold ov :)
Tobin*LFC*

Postby Dom1 » Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:17 pm

who is poreginho :D
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1

Postby Tobin*LFC* » Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:22 pm

lol haha ???  i duno m8 :D
Tobin*LFC*

Postby Dom1 » Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:26 pm

he means pellegrino doesnt he :D
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1

Postby dosserboy » Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:26 pm

Baros I agree, good to keep hold of, but its just this head down and running off with the ball thing, he's been doing it for quite a while now and don't look like changing!  I was looking on the brightside when I said Baros out Anelka in when I read about Barca's approach via his agent. It would not surprise me if it happened, Anelka has not exactly gone anywhere yet, has he?
dosserboy

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion