Morgan withdraws offer - What next in the saga?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby mistyred » Tue Dec 21, 2004 5:03 pm

Moores is a nice man Honest but lacking in today's cut throat world of business.
I don't want the club i love to be destroyed by greed,to be honest i don't know alot about the business side of LFC but then again i make it my mission to support the team and trust the establishment in charge to do the job they are paid for correctly,i honestly don't think anybody who loves his or her job will go out of there way to not forfill (sorry bout the spellin) the obligations undertaken when aplying for the job...
All i want is a bright future for the club and the team without getting involved with politics after all ask the supporters at Leeds if it saved thier beloved club.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:09 pm

if an american took over the club it would be ruined
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gareth G » Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:34 pm

You're just saying that because you're a Canadian!
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red_Si » Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:51 pm

simic_ie wrote:I wouldn't be so quick to get rid of Moores. He is a chairman who gives his managers time and whatever money is available to try and improve Liverpool. He loves the club and is not going to sell it down the river just to make a quick few quid...... ever hear the saying better the devil you know??

Yes, but you can never trust a man with a moustache.
Just ask Bruce Grobbelaar.
Red_Si

Postby parchpea » Tue Dec 21, 2004 7:10 pm

I am beginning to wonder if Moores will ever loosen his grip at Anfield. Seems to me there would be few offers he would be willing to accept. I think he would rather drown on a sinking ship than see it in someone else hands. Lets hope he can keep it all going without outside investment because I think its where we are heading.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby A.B. » Tue Dec 21, 2004 7:16 pm

KOP-1892 wrote:You're just saying that because you're a Canadian!

Bingo.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby lakes10 » Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:57 pm

The Canadian Red Army wrote:if an american took over the club it would be ruined

you are spot on mate, some on here think morgan was bad for the club and the yanks bid was the better way to go , well it looks like we are now going to find out how bad the yanks are going to be .
I think it is a shame we have not taken morgans bid, i belive that he was the best for the club.

if the yanks now take over the club the it will start to go down hill , as part of the yanks bid is that liverpool set a a yank team in the states (liverpool u.s.a) and at some point in the year players from our first team would have to go over there and play a few game (not in the closed season), the rest of the year the U.S.A team would use our name tp promote our team. but the down side of this is that money will then be spent on the u.s.a team and not the uk team.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:08 pm

Let's hope Moores see's sense and as the "Establishment" can do his job to the end without prejudice.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gareth G » Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:11 pm

How much of a say will the L4 group have in the club?
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:16 pm

some say its as much as 120m but it seems it might only be 50m
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby L-type » Wed Dec 22, 2004 1:42 am

Woollyback wrote:I don't think Morgan's been entirely professional in his conduct; choosing to try and air LFC's dirty laundry in public to further his own cause is amateurish

I accept that the true state of the club's finances needed to be discussed, but not in the form of sour grapes from Morgan

I still don't think we've heard the last from him & his bid though. He seems pretty determined

Well hiding inflated expenses is pretty shady if you ask me. He had a right to tell people, and the way I saw it we were using his offer as a "stop gap"  But i've wanted the L4 group from the start.
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Wed Dec 22, 2004 1:51 am

Don't think he did have the right, after all he has no more to do with the club than I do at present. He's done what he's done purely for personal motives and has acted in an unprofessional manner which has seriously lowered my opinion of him. I was actually inclined to support his bid until this
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Dec 22, 2004 1:59 am

lakes10 wrote:
The Canadian Red Army wrote:if an american took over the club it would be ruined

you are spot on mate, some on here think morgan was bad for the club and the yanks bid was the better way to go , well it looks like we are now going to find out how bad the yanks are going to be .
I think it is a shame we have not taken morgans bid, i belive that he was the best for the club.

if the yanks now take over the club the it will start to go down hill , as part of the yanks bid is that liverpool set a a yank team in the states (liverpool u.s.a) and at some point in the year players from our first team would have to go over there and play a few game (not in the closed season), the rest of the year the U.S.A team would use our name tp promote our team. but the down side of this is that money will then be spent on the u.s.a team and not the uk team.

you underestimate fan power mate, if that happened most fans would protest outside the ground, boycott matches etc until that ****** you speak of was fixed up.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Wed Dec 22, 2004 4:44 am

KOP-1892 wrote:You're just saying that because you're a Canadian!

would you want someone who knows nothing about soccer to be the owner of the club? he would be just as bad as houllier
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Wed Dec 22, 2004 4:46 am

lakes10 wrote:

you are correct, look how bad american soccer is now, you want something as bad as that in a league like the EPL
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion