Morgan to bankroll lfc - £20m to spend on players.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Redrider » Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:12 pm

From the LFC website:

''Benitez will now be offered £10m to spend in the transfer window, and told to bring in new faces who can turn Liverpool into genuine contenders.

But it also means that the club becomes a more attractive investment proposition, now that they are still in the Champions League into the new year. Speculation is mounting that local businessman Steve Morgan has finally made an offer to buy into the club that the board is prepared to accept.

If Morgan does get his wish to join the Anfield board, then he will pump upwards of £30m directly into the coffers, to fund a spending spree and also to help finance the construction of a new stadium.

Morgan is due to have more talks with the club within the next few days, and if an agreement is reached, he could invest heavily before the transfer window closes at the end of January.''

If Rafa is to get £10m from CL qualification and the Morgan Investment of £30m comes good, Rafa could have at least £20m to spend on new players, leaving £20m to spend on the new Stadium.
Personally, I would spend all available cash (£40m) on new players and put the Stadium on hold until we can fund the building from our success on the pitch.  :)
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:18 pm

put the Stadium on hold until we can fund the building from our success on the pitch.

hmm, could be a while then :p
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:50 pm

With £40m to spend we could sure recruit two or three real quality players, who would make an immense difference, even in the short term.
CL qualification and games through to the semi's for say three years on the run would bring in up to £50m each year !!   Tasty !!  :)  :)
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby Pool Boy » Fri Dec 10, 2004 3:09 pm

If Morgan or anyone else were to invest in the club we can take it that it will be at a minimum £70m as that has been the figure bandied about....I had thought that half of this was for shares and the balance for the club....£35m......I would have assumed that would be available for new players with the stadium financed through long term borrowing and sale of corporate boxes.....£35m + £10m from CL...that's a heck of a lot dosh on the transfer market....or am I wildly optimistic ?
Pool Boy

Postby FrankM » Fri Dec 10, 2004 3:34 pm

Just back from lunch. Read the exact same report in the Daily Mirror.

Did Mirror get it from LFC Website or vice versa.

Either way if it is true it sounds good
FrankM

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Fri Dec 10, 2004 4:43 pm

i cant be arsed with Morgan. he seems like a tool. scouser my *rse he's from Wales. not that that matters but why does he lie?
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool
LFC Super Member

Postby JBG » Fri Dec 10, 2004 4:57 pm

As Leon showed in his research earlier in the week, there is an official offer from L4 which has been notified to the authorities, so Morgan may be too late.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Fri Dec 10, 2004 5:02 pm

lets friggin hope so.
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
LFC Super Member

Postby Paul C » Fri Dec 10, 2004 5:07 pm

I'd prefer the L4 deal cos they have more money than Morgan with the Kraft family being involved :cool:
Last edited by Paul C on Fri Dec 10, 2004 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Fri Dec 10, 2004 5:11 pm

Redrider wrote:Personally, I would spend all available cash (£40m) on new players and put the Stadium on hold until we can fund the building from our success on the pitch.  :)

Stadium has to come first as it is a long term investment.

Diverting extra money away from the stadium and spending it on players could be very risky.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Paul C » Fri Dec 10, 2004 5:13 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:
Redrider wrote:Personally, I would spend all available cash (£40m) on new players and put the Stadium on hold until we can fund the building from our success on the pitch.  :)

Stadium has to come first as it is a long term investment.

Diverting extra money away from the stadium and spending it on players could be very risky.

Especially if GH was still in charge, could you imagine getting him £40m, that  would be as cleaver as letting Stevie Wonder decorate your house  :p
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby FrankM » Fri Dec 10, 2004 5:16 pm

Paul C wrote:I'd prefer the L4 deal cos they have more money than Morgan with the Kraft family being involved :cool:

Does having more money necessarily mean it is the best option?
FrankM

Postby Paul C » Fri Dec 10, 2004 5:17 pm

FrankM wrote:
Paul C wrote:I'd prefer the L4 deal cos they have more money than Morgan with the Kraft family being involved :cool:

Yeah  :p

TBO if Morgan takes over he will want a place on the board and he will want to call all the shots where if the L4 group take over then they won't have time to produce Hollywood movies, run food companies, etc and run LFC so I think they may keep Moore/Parry.
Last edited by Paul C on Fri Dec 10, 2004 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Fri Dec 10, 2004 5:17 pm

FrankM wrote:

not necessarily but i think it would be better than getting Morgan in.
LFC Super Member

Postby FrankM » Fri Dec 10, 2004 5:28 pm

Points taken. Though I'm not so sure L4 will invest without a board place.
FrankM

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion