Morgan to bankroll lfc - £20m to spend on players.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Redrider » Sun Dec 12, 2004 6:45 pm

There is absolutely no doubt that bigger revenues are key to the Finances of the club. But what's the point of 30,000 die-hards sitting a 60,000 seater Stadium getting a sweat on about beating Southampton to remain out of the bottom four, only filling the Stadium for Derby games and providing loads of spare seats for visiting manc's. That could be the reality unless we get the team going first !!
There is more money than £16m to be made from qualification for the CL each year, we need to concentrate any money coming from L4 or Morgan directly into the team, where the return is greater than just gate receipts, it is also the kudos which attracts and RETAINS the best players and the top sponsorship !!
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby Kop Kid » Sun Dec 12, 2004 9:13 pm

Absolutly agree, but my personal fealings are that we have allowed serveral managers to spend gord knows amounts of money on players that were just not the ticket and have now departed.

We are only in this current situation of take-overs because the money has been wasted and run dry.  If the cash was there then there would be no need of others investing in the club.

The problems we face is that if Morgan was to take over, pump all cash into the side, fail as we have failed with the last three managers, Morgan WILL walk and leave us in a heavy debt.

We have a new manager that is offering players an oportunity to proove themselves which is the right thing to do.  Let him feed out thoughs that aint going to make it and let the board sort out ways of securing a health future, and im sure those that support Liverpool with their Hearts not just their eyes will stay faithful and enjoy the hard times as well as the successful times.
Kop Kid

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Sun Dec 12, 2004 9:21 pm

but do you really want americans owning the majority of the club?
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Sun Dec 12, 2004 9:57 pm

The Canadian Red Army wrote:but do you really want americans owning the majority of the club?

If they can give us more money for players and the new ground than Morgan then yes in my eyes
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sun Dec 12, 2004 10:19 pm

Redrider wrote:There is absolutely no doubt that bigger revenues are key to the Finances of the club. But what's the point of 30,000 die-hards sitting a 60,000 seater Stadium getting a sweat on about beating Southampton to remain out of the bottom four, only filling the Stadium for Derby games and providing loads of spare seats for visiting manc's. That could be the reality unless we get the team going first !!
There is more money than £16m to be made from qualification for the CL each year, we need to concentrate any money coming from L4 or Morgan directly into the team, where the return is greater than just gate receipts, it is also the kudos which attracts and RETAINS the best players and the top sponsorship !!

To get the team going, you need to pay for it (that is fine if you get a cash injection). To keep the team going, you have to contiue to pay for it(wages etc). It is a catch-22, you need a good team to fill a stadium, and you need a  big stadium to pay for a good team. I think the "big picture" must prevail, and we need a new stadium. The longer we do not have it, the further we fall behind.

Everton prove that a good manager can make an average team good (relatively speaking of course, I mean we are talking about Everton), so I think get that stadium, then worry about filling it.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aco67 » Sun Dec 12, 2004 10:37 pm

Does anybody know how many people are on a waiting list for season tickets? maybe this is the reason the board are wanting to build a new stadium because they KNOW they can get an extra 16-18000 bums on seats each week
Beer...........
The cause of......
And solution to..........
All of lifes problems............
aco67

Postby kazza » Sun Dec 12, 2004 10:42 pm

Executive boxes make a lot of money as well.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aco67 » Sun Dec 12, 2004 10:50 pm

but I'll bet they don't serve prawn sandwiches  :p
Beer...........
The cause of......
aco67

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sun Dec 12, 2004 10:59 pm

aco67 wrote:Does anybody know how many people are on a waiting list for season tickets? maybe this is the reason the board are wanting to build a new stadium because they KNOW they can get an extra 16-18000 bums on seats each week

I've been on the waiting list for two years.
jonnymac1979

Postby aco67 » Sun Dec 12, 2004 11:06 pm

my point exactly - I don't get to games as often as I should coz I've got young kids & a wife that works weekends & evenings, as I work mon-fri (oh it's a hard life)
Beer...........
The cause of......
aco67

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sun Dec 12, 2004 11:11 pm

aco67 wrote:my point exactly - I don't get to games as often as I should coz I've got young kids & a wife that works weekends & evenings, as I work mon-fri (oh it's a hard life)

Welcome to the forum, and get on that waiting list. 

It's all I can do personally, barring the fact that my season ticket holding cousin will be emigrating in a year or two.

My younger brother who posts on here as Macca currently shares this ticket with him 50-50, so maybe I can get in on that deal when the time comes. 

(Hint there, David!!??)
jonnymac1979

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:43 pm

a wife that works weekends & evenings

She a burglar then??

welcome to the forum!
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red_Si » Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:11 pm

I think we need to start hounding Moores out of the club immediately.

We desperately need Morgan's cash in order to prevent the season from being written off as a complete disaster.

Don't forget to bring your 'Moores Out!' boards on Tuesday.
Red_Si

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:16 pm

Red_Si wrote:I think we need to start hounding Moores out of the club immediately.

We desperately need Morgan's cash in order to prevent the season from being written off as a complete disaster.

Don't forget to bring your 'Moores Out!' boards on Tuesday.

What a total ****** you are .  :angry:
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:18 pm

im actually agreeing with leon
boards out... pile o shi$£ i say
pumping in money isnt always the answer. we gotta build on what we got first and stop making stupid mistakes. and we NEED a recognised striker or 2
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion