More transfer rumours

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Fri Dec 17, 2004 8:52 am

Just found this on kop talk, if its true and we could get all three of these strikers it would be great for us even though 2 arnt proven in the prem. And we should be chasing players who the likes of arsenal are following.

KopTalk understands that Liverpool are stepping up their interest in Racing Santander forward Yossi Benayoun.

The highly-rated 24-year-old is available for transfer and should cost no more than a couple of million. He has been linked with us before and Rafa's scouts have checked him out several times over the last few months. I understand that representatives of his will arrive on Merseyside within the next 24 hours to meet Rick Parry to discuss a possible switch.

Reports in Israel claim that Benayoun is a fall-back option should the Reds fail to land a high-profile target but information supplied to Insider sources this afternoon suggests that there has been "significant developments" with the player's club now giving him permition to discuss a possible transfer.

His personal terms shouldn't prove to be a problem and unlike Anelka and Morientes, neither would the fee. Ideally Rafa would like all three and I believe that he could afford them if the club accepts the investment bid by L4 this month.

There are other things to consider apart from developments on the investment front though. I believe that Rick Parry would prefer it if we stayed clear of Anelka and his brothers but if a deal is financially viable, Rafa will get the final say. The fees in the media relating to Morientes are just journos clutching at straws, trying to put a dampner on things. I doubt it would cost us more than a third of the £12million figure quoted for the Real Madrid hitman as they're keen to get rid of him.

Benayoun - who is comfortable in midfield, out wide or up front - is also attracting interest from Arsenal, Tottenham and Bolton.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Dec 17, 2004 8:57 am

Robbie rumour again :O

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez is considering making a shock move for Manchester City striker Robbie Fowler.

Sources close to the player insist that the Reds are considering bringing the Kop legend home on a loan deal in a move that would certainly lift spirits amongst supporters.

The player was gutted when he had to leave his beloved Liverpool following a number of run-ins with former boss Gerard Houllier. Although they had a love-hate relationship, Fowler always maintained that it was Rick Parry who wanted shot of him.

His career has nose-dived since he left Anfield but he's finally got himself fit. He dreams of making a return to Anfield and at the age of 29, he's got plenty of clout left in him yet.

A likely lad he is but he's no journeyman. He's heart's always been at Anfield and if there's little cash in the kitty come January, he could be a shock signing and do you know what, I'd welcome it.

Liverpool are never going to pay Real Madrid as much as £12million for Morientes because they simply don't have that money at the moment and I personally don't think he's worth it.

It was interesting to see that Liverpool FC journalist Dave Maddock writing in The Mirror that 'discreet enquiries' may have been made about Fowler recently. He's the Godfather to Robbie's kids. He's also a KopTalker but he won't reveal his alias on the site so keep an eye out for any pro-Fowler campaigners.

I don't think Robbie is the answer to all our problems but I'd rather see the club make a short term move to see us get through to the summer. Clubs know we're desperate so they will hold us to ransom in January and I don't like that prospect.

My hunch is that we will make serious attempts to sign Anelka. He'll cost at least £5million but closer to £7m/£8m so that City get something out of it as they still owe on him. We'll still battle it out with Real for Morientes and I think we might be surprised at the outcome. I'd ignore all the inflated fees we're seeing. If we fail to land either of them then we will look at other players who have been linked with us and that will include Robbie.

The chances of Robbie returning to Anfield are slim but never say never in football.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Dec 17, 2004 9:06 am

if we get Anelka, then City won't give us robbie - who will they have left? :D
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Dec 17, 2004 9:12 am

LFC #1 wrote:if we get Anelka, then City won't give us robbie - who will they have left? :D

They have just give Bradley Wright Philips a new contract and if Pongolles goin there as a swap then they will have strikers.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Dec 17, 2004 9:14 am

yeh and Jon Macken. :D
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Fri Dec 17, 2004 9:30 am

As long as they dont give us David James back :)
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Dec 17, 2004 10:20 am

laza wrote:As long as they dont give us David James back :)

:D

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Fri Dec 17, 2004 10:37 am

Cisse, I dont think you are far off the mark with these rumours as I said in a previous post, these guy's would both be good value:

''Posted: Dec. 16 2004,18:52   
Let's get these two guys in perspective. If we spend £12m to £15m for both of them and they bang in enough goals to get to the semi-finals of the CL, the final of the Worthington, the FA cup Final and finish say 3rd in the League, which are all attainable targets. Then we will re-coup at least £25m in gate receipts, TV money and sponsorship etc. These guys can create a return that will double our investment in half a season, they are worth the gamble.
Anelka is only 25 and has 3 good seasons left in him. Morientes has at least this and next season at the top, which gives us breathing space to go out and look for our team for the future. We could be onto a good thing here'' 

Rafa is gagging to get Morientes and Anelka was gutted to leave.
I am not sure about Robbie Fowler, I think that this is one of these Urban myths that we would all like to believe. A bit like the good fairy and we all lived happily ever after !! etc.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Fri Dec 17, 2004 10:44 am

where did the latest Robbie rumour come from Lyndsey?
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Fri Dec 17, 2004 10:46 am

On the fowler issue one player springs to mind Gary Mac we wouldnt have won the treble had he not been in our side that season, its worth a gamble to get him on loan, lets face it Id rather have him on our bench than Diao :glare:

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red_Si » Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:23 am

Any news on a new keeper or central defender?
Red_Si

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:23 am

Koptalk is notorious for being the WORST liverpool website/forum bar none, highlighted by their decision to charge members £35.00 for "gold membership" which entitles the holder to exclusive access to 100% bona fide made up rumours about transfers. My honest advice is take no notice of what it says on there.

If you want some solid info, then try YNWA or RAWK.

I understand we will be purchasing Anelka, with Henchoz going t'other way, and Rafa would like to snap uo Morientes also, and this obvious intrest is testified by the fact that the rumour gets coverage on the official .tv website.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:36 am

thanks for that info Leon. altho i never go to koptalk. :D
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:57 am

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:On the fowler issue one player springs to mind Gary Mac we wouldnt have won the treble had he not been in our side that season, its worth a gamble to get him on loan, lets face it Id rather have him on our bench than Diao :glare:

Gary Mac retiring was part of the Houllier downfall, he was never replaced in mid-field. We missed his quick accurate movement of the ball, Murphy could not do it, Gerrard was, and still is too keen on his long balls and instant stab's. Whereas, Gary Mac had the quick incisive balls that ran the tempo of the play.
Gary was a true pro' who really looked after himself, I dont think Robbie quite has Gary's lifestyle.
He only fully retired from Coventry to look after his wife, has any body heard how his wife is getting on fighting the cancer ?
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby Redrider » Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:05 pm

From BBC Sport:
Last Updated: Friday, 17 December, 2004, 08:57 GMT 

Morientes keen on Liverpool move 

Morientes spent last season on loan with Monaco
Fernando Morientes says he would be happy to join Liverpool.
The striker is out of favour at Real Madrid, while Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez is keen to bolster his forward options after Djibril Cisse's injury.

Morientes said: "To play for Liverpool would please any player and they have a technical coach in Rafa Benitez, who I have always appreciated.

"But there are a lot of things to sort out. I haven't spoken directly with Benitez, but I know Liverpool want me."

Looks as though it is happening as we speak !!   :)  :)
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion