More transfer rumours

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The_Rock » Fri Dec 17, 2004 5:38 pm

Well here's another rumour.

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.as....iership

SRNA QUIET ON REDS RUMOURS

Shakhtar DonetskDario Srna is keeping quiet about rumours linking him with a move to Liverpool or Internazionale.

The Shakhtar Donetsk defender has been playing out of position on the left for the Ukrainians and could be open to a New Year departure.

English clubs have been keeping tabs on Srna and fellow Croat Stipe Pletikosa's situation following Shakhtar's exit from the UEFA Champions League.

"I know there are some interested clubs and I have some clues," Srna told Novi List.

"But I don't know it for sure. I don't mind. My manager Igor Stimac could talk with them in my name."

Meanwhile, keeper Pletikosa has many admirers in The Premiership and has lost his place to new signing Jan Lastuvka.

'The Octopus' is still only 25 and may welcome the opportunity to head for a fresh challenge.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Fri Dec 17, 2004 5:41 pm

Another rumour from skysports

Meanwhile, Liverpool are also believed to be targeting a move for Rapid Vienna midfielder Steffen Hofmann.

Hofmann's agent Ludwig Koegl claims he has spoken to Liverpool about the player and that he could be an ideal replacement for Chelsea target Steven Gerrard.

"I've spoken to Liverpool officials and told them Rapid want £2 million for Steffen," said Koegl.

"Gerrard will join Chelsea so they are in need of a new central midfielder. Signing Steffen would mean replacing one skipper with another."
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Fri Dec 17, 2004 5:45 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:Koptalk is notorious for being the WORST liverpool website/forum bar none, highlighted by their decision to charge members £35.00 for "gold membership" which entitles the holder to exclusive access to 100% bona fide made up rumours about transfers. My honest advice is take no notice of what it says on there.

If you want some solid info, then try YNWA or RAWK.

I understand we will be purchasing Anelka, with Henchoz going t'other way, and Rafa would like to snap uo Morientes also, and this obvious intrest is testified by the fact that the rumour gets coverage on the official .tv website.

I think the only rumours that have any validity to them are Anelka and Moirneties.

Everything else has absolutely no substance to them.

I doubt very much we'll see both Moirentes and Anelka here together as we don't have the money, unless David Moores is making one final cough out.

The rumour that I have heard a number of times from people with level heads is that its Anelka, and Gerrard was opening his big gob about it last week as he knows the club are interested.

Also, can anyone please confirm that the David Bowditch deal is bona fide, and he'll be here next month?
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby stmichael » Fri Dec 17, 2004 5:47 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:Also, can anyone please confirm that the David Bowditch deal is bona fide, and he'll be here next month?

i think you mean dean bowditch jbg? dunno what happened that story. ???
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby JBG » Fri Dec 17, 2004 5:47 pm

To add the above, the other rumour I've been hearing is that we will definitely sign a cut price goalkeeper, be it next month or in the summer.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby JBG » Fri Dec 17, 2004 5:48 pm

Is it Dean? Sorry.

I hear from Ipswich fans that its a done deal going back a few months ago, with Bowditch to move here in January.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby stmichael » Fri Dec 17, 2004 5:49 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:Is it Dean? Sorry.

I hear from Ipswich fans that its a done deal going back a few months ago, with Bowditch to move here in January.

is he a winger? ???
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby The_Rock » Fri Dec 17, 2004 5:49 pm

should be this...........

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport....ge.html

BENITEZ TARGETS CAR DEAL

By Alan Nixon

LIVERPOOL boss Rafa Benitez is ready to bring forward his move for Leeds United's England under-21 keeper Scott Carson - and try to sign him when the transfer window opens.

Benitez has earmarked highly-rated Carson as a future Anfield No.1 and might have picked him up for next to nothing in the summer when his contract expires.

But Leeds are now hoping to finalise a new deal for the 19-year-old which would guarantee them a fee if the Kop decide to swoop.

A club statement said: "We are in the process of formulating a contract, which will endeavour to look after the interests of both Scott and Leeds United. We hope discussions can be concluded by the end of the week."

Leeds are looking for £1.5million for the keeper but the club's financial problems mean they could be ready to strike a deal at £700,000 - and allow Carson to leave in January.

Benitez has seen Chris Kirkland suffer a loss of form and struggle with a back problem.

Jerzy Dudek made a hash of his comeback chance by gifting Portsmouth an equaliser but he has been told he will get a run of games.

Carson is eligible for the Champions League and the youngster has his heart set on the move and has rejected advances from other clubs.
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Fri Dec 17, 2004 5:50 pm

stmichael wrote:

is he a winger? ???

Striker cum winger is what i heard.
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Fri Dec 17, 2004 5:52 pm

stmichael wrote:

is he a winger? ???

When I first heard of him last season, he was described as a centre forward.

The papers this season described him as a left winger.

Hard to say, but Baros was described as a winger when he first came here.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby The_Rock » Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:29 pm

For the romantics  :D

http://www.koptalk.org/forums....1

Liverpool make Fowler enquiry

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez is considering making a shock move for Manchester City striker Robbie Fowler.

Sources close to the player insist that the Reds are considering bringing the Kop legend home on a loan deal in a move that would certainly lift spirits amongst supporters.

The player was gutted when he had to leave his beloved Liverpool following a number of run-ins with former boss Gerard Houllier. Although they had a love-hate relationship, Fowler always maintained that it was Rick Parry who wanted shot of him.

His career has nose-dived since he left Anfield but he's finally got himself fit. He dreams of making a return to Anfield and at the age of 29, he's got plenty of clout left in him yet.

A likely lad he is but he's no journeyman. He's heart's always been at Anfield and if there's little cash in the kitty come January, he could be a shock signing and do you know what, I'd welcome it.

Liverpool are never going to pay Real Madrid as much as £12million for Morientes because they simply don't have that money at the moment and I personally don't think he's worth it.

It was interesting to see that Liverpool FC journalist Dave Maddock writing in The Mirror that 'discreet enquiries' may have been made about Fowler recently. He's the Godfather to Robbie's kids. He's also a KopTalker but he won't reveal his alias on the site so keep an eye out for any pro-Fowler campaigners.

I don't think Robbie is the answer to all our problems but I'd rather see the club make a short term move to see us get through to the summer. Clubs know we're desperate so they will hold us to ransom in January and I don't like that prospect.

My hunch is that we will make serious attempts to sign Anelka. He'll cost at least £5million but closer to £7m/£8m so that City get something out of it as they still owe on him. We'll still battle it out with Real for Morientes and I think we might be surprised at the outcome. I'd ignore all the inflated fees we're seeing. If we fail to land either of them then we will look at other players who have been linked with us and that will include Robbie.

The chances of Robbie returning to Anfield are slim but never say never in football.
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:44 pm

Lynds not bieng funny but i was subscribed to koptalk and it's just a rumour mill no hardcore facts, most if not all is just BS!.

I wouldn't take anything they say as gospel truth as most on the sight are just freaks who wanna be jerno's.

Anyway nearly Crimbo what's you's gettin for Xmas.  :D  :;):
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion