Money where yer mouth is time - Where will liverpool finish this season?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Money where yer mouth is time - Where will liverpool finish this season?

Premiership Champions
33%
Premiership Runners-Up
23%
Third
38%
Fourth
7%
Fifth
No votes
Sixth
No votes
Lower Than Sixth
No votes

Total votes : 106

Postby crim cram » Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:08 pm

i agree with zarababe the league + a cup!!!  :buttrock
“Me having no education. I had to use my brains.”  Shankly
crim cram
LFC Super Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:37 pm

3rd, were not as good as Chelsea and Man Utd, but i think we will be comfortably ahead of Arsenal
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:01 pm

Fowler_E7 wrote:3rd, were not as good as Chelsea and Man Utd, but i think we will be comfortably ahead of Arsenal

Agreed, our squad does not have the strength in depth that Man U or Chelsea have.

3rd

The biggest question for me is; How will Rafa approach the League?

As always, we'll do well in the Champs League - semi final at least.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:10 pm

We have the ability to beat Chelsea and Arsenal, the team needs to have the belief.

If they start believing in themselves, second place.

If they fall apart around christmas as usual, fourth.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby rafa09 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:06 pm

consistency is the key. we have to improve home record against the lesser teams. We also have to got to O.T. and BELIEVE we can win,which i believe we will. remember chavski and arsenal failed to beat us over 90 mins in any compitition last season. we are closer than people think. my bet of the season is kuyt to score champions lge final winner
rafa09

Postby fivecups » Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:16 pm

3rd.

Im not sure that a 4-4-2 is the way to go. Torres was supreme as a lone striker last season - can he gel well enough with Keane to improve are goal scoring. I can see Keane out wide right a la Kuyt. Our new full backs are going to take a bit of time to settle as well.

Who knows - but the mancs are a much more settled team.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:17 pm

I voted second. But nobody be surprised if we win it, and win it well.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:25 pm

ive voted for 2nd but after watchin chelsea vs milan earlier i may rethink that! tbh i think there is very little between the top 4 tho Arsenal seemed to have been weakened by a couple of departures. spurs on the other hand have looked fantastic and this cound definately be the year that top 4 monopoly could be broken. Saint i think is being very unfair on Degan as its VERY early in his LFC career (he's hardly Gabriel Paletta ffs!).

on a sidenote i really hope Argentina, Brazil, Spain and Holland all have an awful olympics so we have a decent squad come September

ps props to emerald red on another bitchin avatar!
burjennio

Postby crazyhorse » Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:28 pm

Seriously I think we have the best chance of winning the league this year than we have had in decades. If we sign Barry we have a great chance. I now see goals from all over the pitch which is different from last year.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby teamleader1 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:01 pm

I think if we get that bit of luck that all champions need and 'IF' Rafa keeps rotation down to an acceptable level we have as good a chance as any of lifting it this time around,
The squad is defintely stronger with the new additions and the emergence of some of the youngsters,
Missing Masch for the early games is a blow but Barry/Alonso will fill the void
If we can get that vital good start, build the confidence then its very possible.  :D
teamleader1

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:17 pm

bavlondon wrote:I think whilst we have more options going forward with Keane we are weaker at the back. If Agger can stay fit though maybe we have a chance. Im going for 4th maybe 3rd.

How are we weaker at the back?  We'll have Carra and Skrtel/Agger at the back + we'll have 2 excellent CB's for backup.  We haven't been this strong at the back in a long, long time.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:33 pm

ruskiy playmaker wrote:
bavlondon wrote:I think whilst we have more options going forward with Keane we are weaker at the back. If Agger can stay fit though maybe we have a chance. Im going for 4th maybe 3rd.

How are we weaker at the back?  We'll have Carra and Skrtel/Agger at the back + we'll have 2 excellent CB's for backup.  We haven't been this strong at the back in a long, long time.

I notice you didn't mention our fullbacks  :D
account deleted by request

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:35 pm

s@int wrote:
heimdall wrote:I'm confused, why is our defence weaker this year, is it because we sold Riise, don't make me laugh  :D

Last season at this time we had Finnan, Carra, Agger and Aurelio/Riise as our back four.

Finnan dropped out of favour/injured/lost form and is probably now on his way to Villa, while his replacement (Deggen)just doesn't look up to the job. Arbeloa who will probably be our first choice now is not as good IMO as Finnan was.

Carra had a poor season last season, maybe because of all the changes at the back, but I think he will have problems with changes again this season.

Agger is still not back to what he was, and while Skrtel has done well, he is not as good as Agger was.

Aurelio/Dossena aren't IMO that good and don't up to now, look any better than the Aurelio/Riise option of last season.   

So basically I think we are definately weaker at fullback and with Agger not yet back to his best slightly weaker at CB too.

That my view anyway.

Are you by any chance on something Saint?  :O
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:56 pm

ruskiy playmaker wrote:
s@int wrote:
heimdall wrote:I'm confused, why is our defence weaker this year, is it because we sold Riise, don't make me laugh  :D

Last season at this time we had Finnan, Carra, Agger and Aurelio/Riise as our back four.

Finnan dropped out of favour/injured/lost form and is probably now on his way to Villa, while his replacement (Deggen)just doesn't look up to the job. Arbeloa who will probably be our first choice now is not as good IMO as Finnan was.

Carra had a poor season last season, maybe because of all the changes at the back, but I think he will have problems with changes again this season.

Agger is still not back to what he was, and while Skrtel has done well, he is not as good as Agger was.

Aurelio/Dossena aren't IMO that good and don't up to now, look any better than the Aurelio/Riise option of last season.   

So basically I think we are definately weaker at fullback and with Agger not yet back to his best slightly weaker at CB too.

That my view anyway.

Are you by any chance on something Saint?  :O

No mate, but I did mention both CB's AND FB'S which you didn't so I pointed it out.

and if you think we are stronger at the back than we have been "for some time", I think I would like some of what your on please   :O
account deleted by request

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:59 pm

I voted for runners up. Rafa has to challenge as this could be his last season at the club if we dont. The reason I didnt choose champions is simply because his record against the top 3 hasnt been impressive and I cant see that improving too much this season. I dont think he is going to go daft with rotation and that will benefit the club into getting consistent performances.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion