Momo - What do you think?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kazza » Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:49 pm

I am surprised that a topic has not been started about the player, but judging by what I have seen so far he looks like an excellent player. He was confident, had good touch and was strong in every tackle. He is still young, but looked better than Vierra and Gerrard when they were his age. A couple of passes went astray last night, but these are decision making mistakes rather that a lack of skill.

I think Raffa bought us another gem that will get better (and so far I think he is very good) and I think his style of play is well suited to the premiership.

He he, Everton could have used him.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:50 pm

put it this way, we've got hamann's replacement tied up for the next five years. :cool:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby dward » Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:52 pm

stmichael wrote:put it this way, we've got hamann's replacement tied up for the next five years. :cool:

well said, at least 5 years hopefully :nod
Last edited by dward on Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dward
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:53 pm

I think he will be better and score more goals than Hamann.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:54 pm

Yeah I think there was a topic about him floating about a while ago.

Have to agree though, the guy looks superb.  Love the way he constantly gets stuck in and he never seems to get tired, perfectly suited to the prem.

Distribution still dodgy at times but was better last night than I'd seen it before.  So glad he didn't end up at Everton before we hi-jacked the deal, this guy is going to be immense imo.

This is what we thought we were getting with Diao.  Sissoko is 10 times the player he is already and he's only 20.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:55 pm

kazza wrote:I think he will be better and score more goals than Hamann.

jamie carragher's scored more goals in the last 18 months than hamann. :D
Last edited by stmichael on Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby A.B. » Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:56 pm

I hope he scores against Everton. :D
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby bigmick » Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:58 pm

He certainly looks a top-class athlete. Hamann at his best however provided guile and game reading ability which Momo is going to have to work on. I can see him running into problems this season if he picks up an early booking away from home. He seems to be a compulsive tackler and we might end up playing with 10 once or twice before too much longer.
Negatives aside though, he looks perfect for English football if he can work things out. Having said that, I thought the same thing about Diao on first glance. He too was combative and workmanlike, but ultimately his lack of quality on the ball led to him becoming unpickable, (I just know everybody is going to post that they knew within the first 15 seconds of clapping eyes on him that he was useless but not me). I hope he'll make a player and given his age we paid a fair price for his services. He does look very much to me though like a bloke who will be far better as the holder of a central three rather than one of two.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:00 pm

Looks like he colud be a good player.

Athletic, tall and strong (the modern day footballers build). Is very busy and closed endless space, actually has quiet a good passing brain but sometimes is slack, love the way he uses those long legs to win the ball and skip away from players, strong tackler. Works extremely hard and is disciplined in his postioning. Does have a tendency to slide in too much, but I think he will be value for money and will be here for sometime.

On the whole it is looking like a smart buy.
Last edited by Cool Hand Luke on Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:01 pm

bigmick wrote:He certainly looks a top-class athlete. Hamann at his best however provided guile and game reading ability which Momo is going to have to work on. I can see him running into problems this season if he picks up an early booking away from home. He seems to be a compulsive tackler and we might end up playing with 10 once or twice before too much longer.
Negatives aside though, he looks perfect for English football if he can work things out. Having said that, I thought the same thing about Diao on first glance. He too was combative and workmanlike, but ultimately his lack of quality on the ball led to him becoming unpickable, (I just know everybody is going to post that they knew within the first 15 seconds of clapping eyes on him that he was useless but not me). I hope he'll make a player and given his age we paid a fair price for his services. He does look very much to me though like a bloke who will be far better as the holder of a central three rather than one of two.

From what I have seen of Momo so far he strikes me of having a bit more ability than Diao, even when Diao played well for Liverpool.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby El Nino_#9 » Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:02 pm

momo looks like the perfect replacement for didi, the only thing that momo has to work on is his distribution. his tackling and breaking up play is good. he looks confident in running with the ball and going forward.etc.
he is definately too good for everton! :p
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the mighty reds » Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:02 pm

no nonsense hard tackler who just gets stuck in,though he might pick up a lot of cards,
the mighty reds

Postby El Nino_#9 » Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:06 pm

the mighty reds wrote:no nonsense hard tackler who just gets stuck in,though he might pick up a lot of cards,

there's no doubt about that!
looks like liverpool will be going down in the "fair play" league!
oh well, as long as we go up in the league that REALLY matters!   :D
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:09 pm

no nonsense hard tackler who just gets stuck in,though he might pick up a lot of cards

You mean like Vieira? :D
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby stmichael » Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:11 pm

Just one thing did occur to me though - are all Malians built exactly the same? Tall, gangly with very large eyes?  :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion