Momo - What do you think?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Red Rafa Revolution » Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:23 pm

a good buy.
Bill Shankly after beating Everton in the '71 cup semi : "Sickness would not have kept me away from this one. If I'd been dead, I would have had them bring the casket to the ground, prop it up in the stands and cut a hole in the lid."
Red Rafa Revolution

Postby 76-1115222408 » Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:29 pm

bigmick wrote:He does look very much to me though like a bloke who will be far better as the holder of a central three rather than one of two.

This is what I was saying when we had people asking what type of player he was, and there were some saying he was an attacking midfielder and others saying CM. I felt that Didi was to become Momo's back-up, as opposed to the other way round!

I really think in the 'big' games we will see Momo, sit in behind Gerrard and Alonso. Thus freeing Xabi from a lot of defensive duties he would have when just playing with SG, this measn he is able to concentrate on what he does best - control the pace of the game and orchestrate like the Pied Piper!
The second benefit will be that this further allows SG to get forward and terrorise defences with his driving runs and quick 'one-twos' on the edge of the box etc;

This will be allowed by the fact Momo will be sitting a la Makalele, but with a heap more energy. His breaking up of attacks is great and will buy us much time when being countered quickly after our own attack or corner etc; not just in one game, but right across the season.
Hopefully (and he looks it so far) he will be one of those guys, you dont really notice (hard due to his stature :D )  during the game (didi/makalele) and they just get on with their role.
An unsung hero if you like, though he seems to already be on his way to 'cult hero' status. There really is something about someone that gets 'stuck in' that we all like, and it seems that EVERY tackle is like that from Momo (though he needs to calm it with suspension in mind!) so it is nice to see (IMO) a player that really looks like they are here for 'the cause' and not just money. The reason he came here was Rafa and also OUR HISTORY, so lets hope he goes some way to becoming a new addition to that illustrious history!

MOMO MOMO-MOMO MOMO-MOMO MO MO MO SIS-SO-KO!!  :lookaround

YNWA
Last edited by 76-1115222408 on Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
76-1115222408

Postby stmichael » Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:29 pm

Red Rafa Revolution wrote:a good buy.

don't go :(

:D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Red_Rob » Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:42 pm

I have been impressed so far. I felt he was trying too hard to get his tackles in the first time I saw him play and he looked over zealous but he didn't seem quite as rash in his tackles last night so it could be he is settling in. I am sure his distrbution will improve and he did look good last night. He has the potential to be an excellent player.
Red_Rob

Postby mikopool » Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:45 pm

He really is the next viera, I watched him all I could last year at valencia, and to be honest, because of his age, and his progression so far, he will be better then viera.
" Some people say football is a matter of life and death, I don't like this attitude, I can assure them, its much more serious then that "

- Billy Shanks.

For life.
mikopool

Postby The Ace1983 » Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:51 pm

Momo rules. Busy, hungry and a sublime mixture of brutish strength and gazelle-like grace. Excellent purchase, indeed he is.
:)
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:52 pm

The Ace1983 wrote:Momo rules. Busy, hungry and a sublime mixture of brutish strength and gazelle-like grace.

ooooooohhhh listen to you :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Pablo_Escobar » Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:54 pm

As I've seen him in some of Valencias matches he has a great future ahead of him, for me at least till now Rafas top buy :blues:
Last edited by Pablo_Escobar on Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pablo_Escobar
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alonso14 » Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:49 pm

Wen Rafa compared him to Viera, i thought 'yeh yeh and Bruno Zidane', but he has reely impressed me and definatly the man  of the match yesterday, definatly a good buy and one to watch for the future i would imagin.

He definatly reminds of viera when he plays as well!
Alonso14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby joependo » Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:36 pm

I seen him yesterday at the match and every time the opposition had the ball all you could see was Momo.Momo rules he just won't stop running.But when Stevie g came on he started 75% pace,because he he was nackered probabally i know i'd be
joependo

Postby matrix » Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:47 pm

im with you all the way lads a great prospect great pace and hunger but more importantly he is not afraid to tackle  with the guidence from rafa he will go a long way   so glad the fuc.king everton gits didnt get him.

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kopite » Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:20 pm

Think he is great brilliant at tackling and has a good touch
kopite

Postby H_K_LFC » Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:34 pm

Brilliant signing.....Defo 1 for the future.Another great buy frm Rafa :)
H_K_LFC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrTNT » Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:54 pm

Excellent tackler though he does go to ground very easily and I would therefore like to see him tackle more when standing up but I have been very impressed with his proformances so far. I think he will do well in the EPL but I think he could pick up a lot of yellow cards. I believe Rafa has brought in a quality player that should benefit the team for years to come.

:down: Poor Everton...........NOT!!!!!  :laugh:  :rasp  :laugh:
REST IN PEACE PHIL!
DrTNT

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:16 pm

its early days yet but what he has shown is a great work ethic and a willingness to get stuck in. the lad must run about ten miles in a game. his control isnt the greatest and his distribution isnt exactly alonso or gerrard like at the moment but i think that side of his game will come on when he feels more at home.
its a little bit early to call him the new viera (and unfair on the lad) but i can see him developing into a more dynamic version of did hamaan.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion