Momo sissoko

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red37 » Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:22 pm

sissoko never fails to impress me with his tenacity and hunger (exactly why mog noticed him at everton)
but frequently the guy is scary to watch.. when he is lunging into tackles.
at last it seems the message is clearly being sent out to the rest of the prem that this fella will put it about. and its no surprise that our fantastic run is in no small part down to sissoko's drive and work rate...long may that continue.

the down side is, he will attract criticism for it.
this he will learn from and indeed rafa has sat him down to discuss the indiscretions in his game....
==============================================
Curb your enthusiasm

By James Carroll
Date: 13/1/2006

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez has been holding talks with midfielder Momo Sissoko this week in an attempt to try and get the midfielder's yellow card count reduced.

The £5.6m summer signing from Valencia has already served two suspension this season and has picked up no less than seven yellow cards, the latest coming at Luton Town last Saturday.

Benitez is keen for the midfielder to retain his competitive edge but has advised Sissoko to be a little bit more careful.

He told the Liverpool Echo: "He will learn. The problem for him at the moment is everything's new. It's a new club, a new style of football and a new language."

"He just needs to analyse the situation a bit more. I'm very happy with him since he joined because he has contributed a lot. The positives are greater than the negatives."

"I've seen the video of the booking against Luton. He arrived late into the tackle and it was a normal booking."

"I prefer to have a player with high energy rather than someone who is calm. He is the kind of player we've been missing. We are working with him and we are always talking to him about things he can learn."

Sissoko could start tomorrow's Premiership fixture against Tottenham Hotspur at Anfield.

==============================================

i say fair play to him for getting stuck in. its the reason souness and mcmahon ended up great players..all momo needs to do is to learn WHEN to fly in. and how to improve his distribution, after that he could well be a future ledge.

:buttrock

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:05 pm

He'll be a good player in a couple of years. Shown signs of promise early on. Not ready for the first team on a regular basis in my opinion but he's improving and learning.

We still need a right winger though and i am not liking what i'm hearing. (Nothing). Hopefully we can get a good one signed up before the end of January. Bullard or Pennant would be nice, Joaquin would be great. :)
115-1073096938

Postby mighty mo » Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:32 pm

viera was exactly the same when he first came into english football,he was around the same age as well,it takes time to get used to the english quickness of football especially being a ball winning midfielder from overseas,he will gradually get better with experience of the english game
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby primodua » Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:37 pm

the classic feud between vieira and roy keane. two of premiership badar#sses. you guys reckon momo will fit in?

eat liverpool, drink liverpool, sleep liverpool
primodua

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:12 pm

Sissoko is more than ready for a regular 1st team place. Rafa also clearly believes that as he played more than he has been left out. He is quality and a superb foil for Alonso and Gerrard playing in front of him!!
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby AussieKopite » Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:39 pm

I must say that I don't enjoy watching Sissoko. I'm not saying that hes not a good player but it seems everytime he tackles, he's about to get a yellow card.
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ICE-MAN » Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:47 pm

I think momo has been one of rafas best signings!
he was signed for one thing and one thing only Tackling! we have never had someone like that who just breaks up everything in the midfield and is so useful particularly away from home, hamann to an extent can do it but he doesnt have momo's energy, gerrard can do it but its curbing his attacking play which is of benefit to the team!
Its true that momo is very raw and picks up too many cards but hes young and will learn and i think he fully deserves his place in the team as alonso is clearly the playmaker and gerrard can drive forward, so they can rest assured that momo will do all the donkey work!
Hes having a fantastic season and will mature into one of the best midfielders in the premiership without a doubt over the net few years when he matures a bit, and as mentioned before, knows WHEN to go lunging in!

MOMO we salute you :cool:
ICE-MAN

Postby banana » Sat Jan 14, 2006 4:57 pm

stu_the_red wrote:He'll be a good player in a couple of years. Shown signs of promise early on. Not ready for the first team on a regular basis in my opinion but he's improving and learning.

We still need a right winger though and i am not liking what i'm hearing. (Nothing). Hopefully we can get a good one signed up before the end of January. Bullard or Pennant would be nice, Joaquin would be great. :)

Why do you keep saying he isn't ready for the first team?

He is. And not only that, he is doing a brilliant job. Probably the second best defensive midfielder in england. (only behind Makelele). So what is your problem?
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby ICE-MAN » Sat Jan 14, 2006 4:59 pm

Totally agree with you banana!
I cant see how he is gonna get much better by playing for the reserves, and with the youngsters!!!

Doesnt make sense! Best place for him is in the starting 11 and he fully deserves his place, he works his socks off! :cool:
ICE-MAN

Postby AussieKopite » Sat Jan 14, 2006 5:01 pm

ICE-MAN wrote:Totally agree with you banana!
I cant see how he is gonna get much better by playing for the reserves, and with the youngsters!!!

Doesnt make sense! Best place for him is in the starting 11 and he fully deserves his place, he works his socks off! :cool:

Until he gets replaced coz rafa doesn't want to risk a second yellow card.
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Sat Jan 14, 2006 5:43 pm

well played sissoko  :buttrock

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Jari's mullet » Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:26 pm

He played well today, covered a lot of ground and broke things up, his distribution however was woeful, thats the limitation of his game and he needs to work on it.  He needs just to play it simple like Makele does.
Jari's mullet

Postby steven-lfc-forever » Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:37 pm

He is playing well, but i just dont see were some of you think he has been so brilliant.

He has constantly wastes the ball, for instance today he kicked it out of play twice, and his passes do go astray.

Everytime he go's for a slide tackle i cringe as you just dont know whats going to happen.

He is a rough diamond at the minute, a few years of premiership football and we will have a star on our hands
steven-lfc-forever

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:23 am

banana wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:He'll be a good player in a couple of years. Shown signs of promise early on. Not ready for the first team on a regular basis in my opinion but he's improving and learning.

Why do you keep saying he isn't ready for the first team?

He is. And not only that, he is doing a brilliant job. Probably the second best defensive midfielder in england. (only behind Makelele). So what is your problem?

He's played about 20 games.

His passing is decent, not good, somteimes its woeful, see todays game... his tactical nouse is decent, not good and his lack of common sense when tackling is frightening.

As i've said many times, he's not ready on a regular basis. He is a good prospect and has potential, he'll become a really good player in time, however he's not there yet and has a way to go. He leaves holes when he "covers" all the ground, he gives the ball away cheaply and is careless at times aswell.

Banana, you don't have high standards of players, i know that from the way you bigged up Baros, your judgement of players is poor, no doubt that isn't helped by the fact you don't go to games.

Sissoko has potential, i like him alot as a player. But learning his trade in the reserves making the odd appearance from the start and alot of sub appearances at his age won't do him any harm at all.

I'd rather see a better more complete midfielder in there with Xabi or Stevey in there with a class right winger. As for you saying he's the second best in the country thats laughable I'm affraid. He'll never be that good and isn't anywhere near the top 5 or 6 in the league, let alone the top two.

Gerrard, Alonso, Essien, Makalele, Gilberto Silva, Scholes, Lampard, Parker, Davids, Jenas and probably one or two others are better or AT LEAST as good as the lad, don't give me this garbage about him being defensive either, a centre mids a centre mid and thats that.
115-1073096938

Postby Red » Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:35 am

I agree with most posters here I cant wait to see how good he is in a couple of years, hopefully he will maintain his atheleticism while his experience and skills improve. He couldn't have a better role model in Stevie mind you, not that he will be a clone, but as far as examples go, stevie's game is unparralleled.
Football is a simple game, all you have to do is pass the ball to a player in a red shirt.
Red
LFC Elite Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion