Momo sissoko

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:13 pm

ivor_the_injun wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:
ivor_the_injun wrote:World class, top class, blah blah blah blah.

It doesn't actually matter if - say - Carra wouldn't make it into a World XI. Bottom line is I wouldn't swap him for anybody at this point in time. Ditto Finnan, ditto Crouch, probably ditto a few others.

All that matters is what we have, and where they're going. Sissoko is a cracking prospect, and let's not forget how new he is to the game in this country. Already he's done so much better in the Prem than so many others from the Euro leagues. Look at Morientes - he's been here for a year and is still struggling to find his feet. Momo has been here for 4 and a half months, and although he's still ragged, his game suits the league, and he's so young that Rafa's got plenty of time to mould him into a better player.

Thats fair enough and well said.

However that isn't what's being discussed, people are discussing his ability level and completely over estimating the lad.

My point is that people get wrapped up too much into where he ranks. We start off talking about one player and end up talking about five or six.

Momo Sissoko is not the best in the league. I'd argue that he's not even in the top two in our squad at the enforcer role, let alone the Prem. I do get the crux of people's arguments though - even though some are getting a bit carried away.

In time he'll be one of those players that regularly goes into tackles and will come out with the ball at his feet, and with the other guy needing a minute to get his breath back. In the middle of the park, he's the kind of guy that can help us dominate. With work on his distribution, he can help us do that for years to come.

Fair enough.

Can't argue with that.
115-1073096938

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:15 pm

stu_the_red wrote:
Carra bashing?  i've NEVER slagged off Carra and i challenge you to show me a link to prove where i do.  As usal, you're taking cr@p and seem unable to understand that some players are born great and some become great.  Carra is an example of this.  I believe Sissoko is a raw talent (just like Carra was) and can be moulded into a great player.  If you expect a 20 year old forign player to become great in his first season then you're nothing but a glory seeking idiot.

You think Carragher is a world class player?

yes.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:21 pm

stu_the_red wrote:
ivor_the_injun wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:
ivor_the_injun wrote:World class, top class, blah blah blah blah.

It doesn't actually matter if - say - Carra wouldn't make it into a World XI. Bottom line is I wouldn't swap him for anybody at this point in time. Ditto Finnan, ditto Crouch, probably ditto a few others.

All that matters is what we have, and where they're going. Sissoko is a cracking prospect, and let's not forget how new he is to the game in this country. Already he's done so much better in the Prem than so many others from the Euro leagues. Look at Morientes - he's been here for a year and is still struggling to find his feet. Momo has been here for 4 and a half months, and although he's still ragged, his game suits the league, and he's so young that Rafa's got plenty of time to mould him into a better player.

Thats fair enough and well said.

However that isn't what's being discussed, people are discussing his ability level and completely over estimating the lad.

My point is that people get wrapped up too much into where he ranks. We start off talking about one player and end up talking about five or six.

Momo Sissoko is not the best in the league. I'd argue that he's not even in the top two in our squad at the enforcer role, let alone the Prem. I do get the crux of people's arguments though - even though some are getting a bit carried away.

In time he'll be one of those players that regularly goes into tackles and will come out with the ball at his feet, and with the other guy needing a minute to get his breath back. In the middle of the park, he's the kind of guy that can help us dominate. With work on his distribution, he can help us do that for years to come.

Fair enough.

Can't argue with that.

F*cking hell. Call your shrink - we've made a breakthrough.  :D
ivor_the_injun

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:46 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:
Carra bashing?  i've NEVER slagged off Carra and i challenge you to show me a link to prove where i do.  As usal, you're taking cr@p and seem unable to understand that some players are born great and some become great.  Carra is an example of this.  I believe Sissoko is a raw talent (just like Carra was) and can be moulded into a great player.  If you expect a 20 year old forign player to become great in his first season then you're nothing but a glory seeking idiot.

yes.

Says it all about you're judge of player. Carragher has never and never will be world class.
115-1073096938

Postby columbia » Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:48 pm

banana wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:
Cool Hand Luke wrote:Those are very good points about him learning a sense of authority and playing in the reserves and being used sparing in the first team will not do him any harm, but would it not be better for him to be playing “the real thing”. Sissoko is a long term project, and that why putting him in the reserves is not so farcical, but I believe it is better for his development to have him closer to the first team. Having him start 60/70 % of first team games will help him much more than playing in the reserves, if that was going to happen then it should have happened in the first month or so.

I think Rafa is handling his development about right, I personally don like to see players spending too much time in the reserves, if you watch the games they really are of a low standard, and you can see why 90% of the players don’t make it at Premiership teams.

On the flip side, would we really be in a position not to have him playing in the first team? If he wasn’t we would be missing certain qualities that the others don’t really give us, so from a team point of view it makes sense to play him more regularly.

Listen lad, stop arguing... :D

No seriously....

The real thing, do you not think that he's more likely to have a poor game in the first team? If he's having a bad game and plays a shocking pass and gives a goal away, Gerrard or Carra scream at him, don't you think that would effect his confidence? I certainly do. He's not a Fowler, Rooney or Owen standard player. He's not one of them who's going to impress everyone 19 times out of 20. He could be better than the likes of Barton and Parker in a few years though and become a really good squad player.

People in general don't mature properly till about twenty-two or twenty-three. For me he should DEFINATELY be around the first team, however i just feel for confidence and full development reasons he shouldn't be a regular as yet.

I'd rather have a better player in there, IE Ballack or Joaquin. As i've said many times, i like him, he's going to be a good player, he's never going to be a Vieira or Gerrard, he's not that good but he's not bad at all.

It makes me laugh though when people say he's amoungst the best in the country.

I feel sorry for you. He can become better than Barton and Parker in a few years? And become a decent squad player?

Silly fool. He is already way better than Parker or Barton will ever be. He runs faster, moves better, is stronger in the body, has better work ethic, has better mentality (don't show up drunk for practice as Barton does a couple of times every season).  Why have we improved 200% on away games this season? It is because we have Sissoko to break down attacks and mind my word; I've never seen a player move faster across the field. He is all over the place all the time. As a defensive midfielder i rate him as second best in the league (makelele first). And the boy is only 20 years. It's frightening how accomplished he is at that age.

Sissoko has a good amount of ability, but he isnt class, im not sure how you cant see that, it is obvious.

He is a good squad player but i cant see him being anything more, even with improvement as the standard we are aiming for is higher.

The areas of his game that will be improved are things like confidence, experience and choice of passing. Also i think he would benefit from using his energy more inteligently at times, he does a lot of running, but some of it is needless running.

He will improve these aspects of his game through experience and good coaching and advice...

What wont happen is him being able to suddenly make pinpoint 60 yard defense splitting passes. Things like that are natural, you can't teach them, its just talent.
columbia

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:59 pm

stu_the_red wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:

yes.

Says it all about you're judge of player. Carragher has never and never will be world class.

that's right Stu...what ever you say  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:32 pm

columbia wrote:
banana wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:
Cool Hand Luke wrote:Those are very good points about him learning a sense of authority and playing in the reserves and being used sparing in the first team will not do him any harm, but would it not be better for him to be playing “the real thing”. Sissoko is a long term project, and that why putting him in the reserves is not so farcical, but I believe it is better for his development to have him closer to the first team. Having him start 60/70 % of first team games will help him much more than playing in the reserves, if that was going to happen then it should have happened in the first month or so.

I think Rafa is handling his development about right, I personally don like to see players spending too much time in the reserves, if you watch the games they really are of a low standard, and you can see why 90% of the players don’t make it at Premiership teams.

On the flip side, would we really be in a position not to have him playing in the first team? If he wasn’t we would be missing certain qualities that the others don’t really give us, so from a team point of view it makes sense to play him more regularly.

No seriously....

The real thing, do you not think that he's more likely to have a poor game in the first team? If he's having a bad game and plays a shocking pass and gives a goal away, Gerrard or Carra scream at him, don't you think that would effect his confidence? I certainly do. He's not a Fowler, Rooney or Owen standard player. He's not one of them who's going to impress everyone 19 times out of 20. He could be better than the likes of Barton and Parker in a few years though and become a really good squad player.

People in general don't mature properly till about twenty-two or twenty-three. For me he should DEFINATELY be around the first team, however i just feel for confidence and full development reasons he shouldn't be a regular as yet.

I'd rather have a better player in there, IE Ballack or Joaquin. As i've said many times, i like him, he's going to be a good player, he's never going to be a Vieira or Gerrard, he's not that good but he's not bad at all.

I feel sorry for you. He can become better than Barton and Parker in a few years? And become a decent squad player?

Silly fool. He is already way better than Parker or Barton will ever be. He runs faster, moves better, is stronger in the body, has better work ethic, has better mentality (don't show up drunk for practice as Barton does a couple of times every season).  Why have we improved 200% on away games this season? It is because we have Sissoko to break down attacks and mind my word; I've never seen a player move faster across the field. He is all over the place all the time. As a defensive midfielder i rate him as second best in the league (makelele first). And the boy is only 20 years. It's frightening how accomplished he is at that age.

Sissoko has a good amount of ability, but he isnt class, im not sure how you cant see that, it is obvious.

He could be a good squad player soon, but the areas of his game that will be improved are things like confidence, experience and choice of passing. Also i think he would benefit from using his energy more inteligently at times, he does a lot of running, but some of it is needless running.

He will improve these aspects of his game through experience and good coaching and advice...

What wont happen is him being able to suddenly make pinpoint 60 yard defense splitting passes. Things like that are natural, you can't teach them, its just talent.

He cood be a good squad player soon?

Soon?
Soon?
Soon?

Bloody fool,

Like he wasn't that already. Sissoko doesn't get credit just because he doesn't play beutiful football. I am not like that. I am into winning games. You don't have to play like Zidane or Maradona to win. But you need players with COMPLIMENTARY skills. Momo offers something DIFFERENT. You need a team. Sissoko gives us omething we need. Something we have been lacking. And he gives the likes of Alonso and Gerrard the freedom to create, he protects our back 4, he is muscles and body enough to move mountains.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby columbia » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:33 pm

that was a mistake, what i meant to say was he is a good squad player, but thats all he will ever be, mind was elsewher when i wrote it.

Anyway to say what i said is not as ludicrous as to say that he's the second best defensive midfielder in the prem...
columbia

Postby LIVERPOOL_FC_YNWA » Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:15 pm

I thinks hes got gr8 potential but his distributions poor but he cant alf put in a great tackle sometimes but then again sometimes there naughty ones arn't they...
THE RAFALUTION HAS BEGUN...........

YNWA-JUSTICE FOR THE 96
LIVERPOOL_FC_YNWA

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:38 am

banana wrote:
columbia wrote:
banana wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:

No seriously....

He could be a good squad player soon, but the areas of his game that will be improved are things like confidence, experience and choice of passing. Also i think he would benefit from using his energy more inteligently at times, he does a lot of running, but some of it is needless running.

He cood be a good squad player soon?

Soon?
Soon?
Soon?

Bloody fool,

Like he wasn't that already. Sissoko doesn't get credit just because he doesn't play beutiful football. I am not like that. I am into winning games. You don't have to play like Zidane or Maradona to win. But you need players with COMPLIMENTARY skills. Momo offers something DIFFERENT. You need a team. Sissoko gives us omething we need. Something we have been lacking. And he gives the likes of Alonso and Gerrard the freedom to create, he protects our back 4, he is muscles and body enough to move mountains.

I, am not like that.
I, am different.
I, am a god. :D
Infact I, yes I, am a legend.

So Hamann plays "beautiful" football? And Makelele does? And Gilberto Silva does? :laugh:

What difference does someones style make lad? Answer... NONE!

Columbia ignore him, he doesn't have a clue mate. :D
115-1073096938

Postby darwisigila » Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:55 am

this thread remind me of luis garcia the ball waster thread...now everybody is happy with luis contribution to the team. And same thing will happen to sissoko. he will learn and improve, hopefully.
darwisigila

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:57 pm

The second best in the league?

A lad that struggles to pass the ball to a team mate with 40% of his passes? Did you think he was great again yesterday? Giggs pulled him to pieces with his passing and movement. He was pulled all over the place and was shocking on the ball.

As i've said 100 times, he has a long way to go.
115-1073096938

Postby Redtribe » Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:21 pm

Stu i think youre being a bit harsh.

He definately has massive potential and has to improve.
But he does cover alot of ground and breaks the oppostition up extremely well.

The 2 things he needs to work hard on is his passing and not diving in so much!

These two aspects are teachable skills.

His passing only has to be simple 10 yard passes to anyone else in our midfield.

I would play himin the first team regularly but could also see him learning a massive amount from didi if they played a few reserve games together!
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:53 pm

Redtribe wrote:Stu i think youre being a bit harsh.

He definately has massive potential and has to improve.
But he does cover alot of ground and breaks the oppostition up extremely well.

The 2 things he needs to work hard on is his passing and not diving in so much!

These two aspects are teachable skills.

His passing only has to be simple 10 yard passes to anyone else in our midfield.

I would play himin the first team regularly but could also see him learning a massive amount from didi if they played a few reserve games together!

He isn't good enough for the first team every week. I've said it before and i stand by it. Yes he's got potential and in a couple of years could be a really good player but the facts are he's at best a distinctly average passer and he's extremely rash in the tackle.

Once they improve and a few other attributes like his positional play (IE when to charge round like a headless chicken and when not to) strength and overall touch we'll have a very good player on our hands.

He's got a brain, he's got good movement he's good in most area's. He's just poor at the moment in one or two aspects of his game aswell as getting booked nearly every time he plays.

He'll improve, but he's not there yet as i've said.
115-1073096938

Postby JC_81 » Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:59 pm

stu_the_red wrote:The second best in the league?

A lad that struggles to pass the ball to a team mate with 40% of his passes? Did you think he was great again yesterday? Giggs pulled him to pieces with his passing and movement. He was pulled all over the place and was shocking on the ball.

As i've said 100 times, he has a long way to go.

Bit harsh Stu,

His distribution was worse than usual yesterday, but he still had a pretty effective game.  As the away side our first job was to stop the opposition playing and then build on that, Sissoko won several tackles in the middle of the park that he had no right to win which allowed us to do this.

He didn't get pulled all over the park, it's obviously his instruction to go and win the ball wherever he can.  Alonso is the sitting player and to an extent this gives Sissoko the licence to go and chase the ball.  Giggs was dreadful in that game imo and the reason was Sissoko who never let him settle on the ball.

His passing is woeful, theres no hiding from that, but he was more effective than Gerrard or Alonso in that game, both of whom were well short of top gear.  And if Crouch had finished the chance from Cisse's knock down after Sissoko's lovely scooped through ball then everyone would have been singing his praises and how his passing is getting better.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion