Momo sissoko

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Igor Zidane » Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:38 pm

stu_the_red wrote:
dawson99 wrote:actually, its funny how many people asy sissoko is now playing like Viera did in his first season. if u rememebr back viwera was all legs and bad tackles with that edge in his first season, which momo has now got.

im not saying they are the same, but there is a similarity u cant ignore in first seasons comparatively

Vieira had so much more though in every area.

Vieira was a world class prospect.

Sissoko is a potentially excellent player. Nowhere near world class though and never will be.

Stu, Sissoko is only 20 ,don't you think he has the potential to develope into a world class player,it's a bit harsh to say he never will be one when nobody knows how much he can improve,not even himself probably
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:53 pm

stu_the_red wrote:
dawson99 wrote:actually, its funny how many people asy sissoko is now playing like Viera did in his first season. if u rememebr back viwera was all legs and bad tackles with that edge in his first season, which momo has now got.

im not saying they are the same, but there is a similarity u cant ignore in first seasons comparatively

Sissoko is a potentially excellent player. Nowhere near world class though and never will be.

you seem to forget that Verira was sold by AC Milan with the label of being 'not good enough.'  Veira didn't become class until he was 23-24.  Come on folks, Sissoko is only 20!
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:09 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:

you seem to forget that Verira was sold by AC Milan with the label of being 'not good enough.'  Veira didn't become class until he was 23-24.  Come on folks, Sissoko is only 20!

No he wasn’t.

Viera made his debut for his club at the age of 17, moved to Milan at the age of 19, Capello describing him as a long term replacement for Rijkaard I believe, made his debut for France aged 20 despite players like Deschamps, Desailly, Petit and young Makelle and Dacourt being around.

He left AC Milan because he was unhappy in Italy and unhappy not playing regularly, and despite this, I’m quiet sure he left Italy with a League medal after playing a small part in that seasons success.

I may be wrong, but I think Desailly and Albertini were the central midfielders for AC Milan in 1995, it is no shame being a 20 year old and coming second to those 2.

And even then, Arsenal paid £4MIL for him, it may not be a massive fee, but it was quiet big considered it was 1995 and he was a player who had never had a full season of first team football.

So he didn’t leave AC Milan under the label of not being good enough, he was a young man who was not happy at the time, so he went to somewhere he could play first team football straight away.

Sissoko will not be as good as Viera in my opinion. But in 2 years time we will see a very good player.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:11 pm

Cool Hand Luke wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:

No he wasn’t.

Viera made his debut for his club at the age of 17, moved to Milan at the age of 19, Capello describing him as a long term replacement for Rijkaard I believe, made his debut for France aged 20 despite players like Deschamps, Desailly, Petit and young Makelle and Dacourt being around.

He left AC Milan because he was unhappy in Italy and unhappy not playing regularly, and despite this, I’m quiet sure he left Italy with a League medal after playing a small part in that seasons success.

I may be wrong, but I think Desailly and Albertini were the central midfielders for AC Milan in 1995, it is no shame being a 20 year old and coming second to those 2.

And even then, Arsenal paid £4MIL for him, it may not be a massive fee, but it was quiet big considered it was 1995 and he was a player who had never had a full season of first team football.

So he didn’t leave AC Milan under the label of not being good enough, he was a young man who was not happy at the time, so he went to somewhere he could play first team football straight away.

Sissoko will not be as good as Viera in my opinion. But in 2 years time we will see a very good player.

I think the fact that he spent the majority of his time in AC Milan's reserves shows that he was deemed surplus to requirements, hence they sold him.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:16 pm

They sold him because he didnt want to stay. He wasnt happy in Italy, they wanted to groom him as a first team player, but he wanted to play in the first team straight away, that is why he was sold.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:17 pm

Hang on, Mercel Desailly, Petit, Dacourt, Deschamps, Albertini.

Did you ever actually see these players play? Do you realise how good these players were? What year did he leave Milan, what was Milan's status around that time? Oh thats right, only the first or second best team in europe. I mean, clearly he must be rubbish at 20 if he can't get into that side. ???
115-1073096938

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:21 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:

Vieira didn't become class untill he was 23/24?

Get lost lad.

Players don't "become class". Look at Owen, Fowler, Rooney. These players come through and STRAIGHT away they stand out like a sore thumb. Vieira is one of the best players in that position over the last 10 years. He is a world class footballer.

To say he only became class at 23, is clueless. Arsenal fans will tell you, the first game no-one knew who he was, he made a couple of appearances and they realised they had a star on there hands. The man is outstanding and always has been.
115-1073096938

Postby bigmick » Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:22 pm

Sissoko is very much a work in progress, a player developing before our eyes on one of the toughest stages in the World. Of course he's not the second best holding midfield player in the league, that's just silly talk but I would venture he is probably the best 20-y-o midfielder around right now. Judging him is difficult because he obviously immature, like Bambi on ice and with a head as hot as a hot thing but there is definately something there.
I think he's a guy who sets the rhythm of the team in terms of hunting the ball. He is clearly in posession of a remarkable engine and the stats blokes reckon that he covers an unusually high amount of ground during a game. At times he is awful on the ball and yet at others he displays a subtlety of touch which is indicative of a really good footballer. He has probably started more games than would be ideal with Gerrard moving to the right, but I feel he has been instrumental in protecting our defense. I don't think games in the reserves are what this kid needs unless he's coming back from injury, he needs time pure and simple.
How good is he going to be? My suspicion is that he may become a very special player indeed, a box to box midfield player out of the very top drawer. At 5 million pounds he represents excellent value IMHO and as usual, my view is somewhere in between the extremist opinions offered by Stu and Banana.
As a footnote to Banana, I do feel you know your football mate and you make some very good points. You do however slightly spoil it with some bizarre opinions on occasions. Your assertion that Hyppia isn't worthy of a place in the Dog and Duck first X1 and that Sissoko is already one of the best midfielders in Europe diminishes your argument somewhat IMHO.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby murphy0151 » Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:22 pm

stu_the_red wrote:He'll be a good player in a couple of years. Shown signs of promise early on. Not ready for the first team on a regular basis in my opinion but he's improving and learning.

We still need a right winger though and i am not liking what i'm hearing. (Nothing). Hopefully we can get a good one signed up before the end of January. Bullard or Pennant would be nice, Joaquin would be great. :)

BULLARD

YOU FUNNY TUCKER
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:23 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:

Stu, Sissoko is only 20 ,don't you think he has the potential to develope into a world class player,it's a bit harsh to say he never will be one when nobody knows how much he can improve,not even himself probably

Owen, Fowler, Rooney and Gerrard were better at 17, 18, 16 and 19 than Sissoko is at 20.

Fowler never reached a world class and Owen didn't stay at that level once he reached it. All of which were FAR FAR better than Sissoko.

He will NEVER be world class.
115-1073096938

Postby Gaunt » Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:29 pm

What age was Henry when Arsenal bought him after Juventus wrote him off?
Gaunt

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:38 pm

banana wrote:1. Why have we improved 200% on away games this season? It is because we have Sissoko to break down attacks  

2. i rate him as second best in the league (makelele first)

3. It's frightening how accomplished he is at that age.

1. Thats why we're where we are, all down to Sissoko. Who needs Gerrard or Alonso, we're a one man team, Sissoko being that man. We'd never be able to cope without him.

2. :laugh: You're a joke. You also rate Hyypia as "one of the poorest centre halfs in the league, Baros better than Owen, Finnan as a poor fullback and Carragher as an average player. Says it all lad. Says everything.

3. Did you ever see Rooney at 16? Owen at 17? Fowler at 18? or even Gerrard at 19? Sissoko gives the ball away, is clumsy in the tackle more often than not and becomes a liability with early bookings. He also leaves holes in the midfield which Alonso has to sweep up ALOT of times. He's a good player with the potential to become very good. Nothing more.

Conclusion, you're an idiot who doesn't know anything about football.
115-1073096938

Postby murphy0151 » Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:40 pm

stu_the_red wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:

Owen, Fowler, Rooney and Gerrard were better at 17, 18, 16 and 19 than Sissoko is at 20.

Fowler never reached a world class and Owen didn't stay at that level once he reached it. All of which were FAR FAR better than Sissoko.

WOT A MUPPET.

JIMMY BULLARD SAY NO MORE
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:40 pm

murphy0151 wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:He'll be a good player in a couple of years. Shown signs of promise early on. Not ready for the first team on a regular basis in my opinion but he's improving and learning.

We still need a right winger though and i am not liking what i'm hearing. (Nothing). Hopefully we can get a good one signed up before the end of January. Bullard or Pennant would be nice, Joaquin would be great. :)

BULLARD

YOU FUNNY TUCKER

When we signed Crouch we were the laughing stock of the country. Now look at him. No pace, average strength. No real world class attributes, yet he's made us a better team.

Why is that Murphy?

Basically lad, i don't see your point at all. When you can come up with a decent arguement, come back, untill then, keep your arrogant, smug, stupid and worthless knowledgeless comments to yourself.
115-1073096938

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:42 pm

murphy0151 wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:

WOT A MUPPET.

JIMMY BULLARD SAY NO MORE

Lad, when you've got a clue come back.

You're aguement...

"SAY NO MORE". :;):
115-1073096938

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion