Momo in trouble?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby tubby » Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:15 pm

s@int wrote:Sounds like Rafa is going to go Christmas shopping for a midfield player. I hope he gets either Parker or Zakora if he does.

Firstly if Newcastle were to sell him it wouldnt be for less than 7 or 8 mil which I dont think we have to spare until Cisse is sold (which could well be at xmas).

And Spurs fought hard to get hold of Zokora and wont let him go on the cheap either.

If Rafa does go into the market again I can see him going to La Liga to get someone rather than splashing out.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby EddieC » Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:21 pm

What about David Albelda?

I wouldn't have him in the 1st team week in week out, but that's not what we're looking for.

He seems a bit more in the Hamman mould, and I'm sure he'd do a better job than Zenden.

As far as I know, Bolo is still quite highly regarded in Spain, maybe a swap deal could be possible?
EddieC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:22 pm

Im not sure how much Parker would cost now. Hes not/wasnt very popular with the fans,  he told them to feck off for booing him against Sheff U. Hes probably back to being the greatest player they have ever signed now, after his goal last night. :D
account deleted by request

Postby alessandromagno » Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:43 pm

Don't want to be one of those "told you so" kind of guys, but why on earth did Rafa sell Didi Hamman when on his own admission he wanted 2 top class players covering each position?
ALESSANDRO
alessandromagno
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:28 pm

are pro footballers the sort of people who would go to a takeaway at 3 in the morning? Sounds a bit dodgey to me.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:34 pm

Dont Muslims have to eat Kosher food like the Jews? I cant see chips and kebab being Kosher.(im not even sure what animal it comes off :D )

Postby Redman in wales » Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:40 pm

alessandromagno wrote:Don't want to be one of those "told you so" kind of guys, but why on earth did Rafa sell Didi Hamman when on his own admission he wanted 2 top class players covering each position?

i dont think anyone in this forum wanted didi to go. - so i think there will be an awful lot of i told you so's - me included.

----

onto who -

parker and zakora i would be very happy with, as mentioned above, they maybe difficult to prize away from their respective clubs and may command a high fee for a squad player

others to look at might be barton or nolan.

closer to home: Guthrie could be an option as a back-up. He may not be ready yet, but some lads benefit from being thrown into the deep-end - he's made a few sub appearances for the first team so far, and captains our reserves. He's not the best option, but its an option.

resign the kaiser anyone??  :p
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:48 pm

s@int wrote:Dont Muslims have to eat Kosher food like the Jews? I cant see chips and kebab being Kosher.(im not even sure what animal it comes off :D )

Well if it was a doner kebab, then that's lamb. Eyeballs, hooves, ears, etc. All the bits they can't sell in the supermarkets.

Chicken is another, but as long as there's no pork in them, Momo woulodn't have a problem with it.

All this "what's he doing out that late getting a kebab, blah, blah, blah?" has got to stop. It was the night we'd played a game.

Surely he can let loose a week before our next game?

Moderation is the key word.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:59 pm

Redman in wales wrote:
alessandromagno wrote:Don't want to be one of those "told you so" kind of guys, but why on earth did Rafa sell Didi Hamman when on his own admission he wanted 2 top class players covering each position?

i dont think anyone in this forum wanted didi to go. - so i think there will be an awful lot of i told you so's - me included.

----

onto who -

parker and zakora i would be very happy with, as mentioned above, they maybe difficult to prize away from their respective clubs and may command a high fee for a squad player

closer to home: Guthrie could be an option as a back-up. He may not be ready yet, but some lads benefit from being thrown into the deep-end - he's made a few sub appearances for the first team so far, and captains our reserves. He's not the best option, but its an option.

I for one think that we were probably right to let Didi go when we did.  Don't get me wrong, the guy was a fantastic servant to the club, but it would have been unfair to him at this stage of his career to have him on the bench or worse still not even in the squad most weeks.  That's not the way someone like Hamann, who for a couple of seasons was probably the first name on our team sheet, wants his LFC career to fizzle out.

At 32 or so his physical condition is not what it once was and he was never the most mobile of midfielders in the first place.  The modern game these days is fast approaching a time when you need 2 central midfielders capable of playing box-to-box and I feel that the out-and-out holding midfielder will become phased out at the absolute top level of football.  Don't get me wrong these players still have their use and Hamann showed us how in 2 very important cup finals, but the time was right for him to go.

As for bringing him back, it's not what we need right now, time to give youth a chance and Guthrie isn't actually a bad bet.  He looks like he has more about him than other central midfielders to come through in recent years like Welsh and Potter.  Looks a good passer, but only time will tell if he's good enough.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Nino_#9 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:43 pm

HARSH! seems like his out for 3 months now according to bbc:(
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:24 pm

Sh!t  :(  3 months  :(

Postby Redman in wales » Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:27 pm

john craig wrote:
Redman in wales wrote:

----

onto who -

I for one think that we were probably right to let Didi go when we did.  Don't get me wrong, the guy was a fantastic servant to the club, but it would have been unfair to him at this stage of his career to have him on the bench or worse still not even in the squad most weeks.  That's not the way someone like Hamann, who for a couple of seasons was probably the first name on our team sheet, wants his LFC career to fizzle out.

At 32 or so his physical condition is not what it once was and he was never the most mobile of midfielders in the first place.  The modern game these days is fast approaching a time when you need 2 central midfielders capable of playing box-to-box and I feel that the out-and-out holding midfielder will become phased out at the absolute top level of football.  Don't get me wrong these players still have their use and Hamann showed us how in 2 very important cup finals, but the time was right for him to go.

As for bringing him back, it's not what we need right now, time to give youth a chance and Guthrie isn't actually a bad bet.  He looks like he has more about him than other central midfielders to come through in recent years like Welsh and Potter.  Looks a good passer, but only time will tell if he's good enough.

no i wouldnt bring didi back either... that was just a joke, hence the silly face

It may have been a good time for him to go. However he would have played a much bigger part here than he's doing at man city. Zenden's been used in 13 games this season for us, whereas at city he's only featured in 6 games. If he wanted to go then fair enough, but if he was told he wasnt needed and to look elsewhere, it may have been a bad decision, as im sure he would have been a better option than zenden in most games we've played.

anyway, he aint coming back, so lets look elsewhere. would like to see more guthrie, even if its only sub appearences..... lets see what he's got.....
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:33 pm

Sissoko set to miss three months 

Sissoko was injured in the first half at Birmingham
Liverpool will be without influential midfielder Mohamed Sissoko for three months as he requires surgery on his dislocated shoulder.
Sissoko sustained the injury during the 1-0 Carling Cup win at Birmingham on Wednesday after landing awkwardly following a challenge on Medhi Nafti.

"Unfortunately Momo requires surgery which is scheduled to take place next week," said a Liverpool spokesman.

"It is anticipated he will be out of action for three months."

Sissoko was sidelined last season when he suffered a serious eye injury during Liverpool's 1-0 defeat by Benfica in the Champions League.

And Benitez added: "They are not very common injuries, the kind he has sustained, it was his eye last season and now the shoulder.

"It was an accident but it was clear something was wrong. Momo is a player who doesn't like to stay on the ground.

"Now we have to manage with the players we have until January and I am happy with the squad but when you lose a player that is playing every game like Momo, it is a problem."

Sissoko received treatment for more than five minutes before he was carried off from the field on a stretcher and replaced by Xavi Alonso.

----------------

:(  sh.it. 3 months is a long time.
Last edited by Redman in wales on Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:08 am

For a regular player, three months would probably be the correct amount of time. But for Sissoko, it's another story. He's a beast, probably the quickest healer around. The fact that he came back in a month after picking up a career threatining eye injury says it all.

Wouldn't be surprised if he comes in at half-time on Sunday  :D

I wish him a speedy recovery. I say he'll be back in January at the latest.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Hebz » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:11 am

I hope your right A.B. cause we're going to miss him, I know we are. Our midfield will take a while to getting used to the game without him. Hurry up Momo!! Hope he has the best recovery ever.
Hebz

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion