Momo back against the blueshite.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:26 am

Rafael Benitez has been handed a double boost with the news that Momo Sissoko and Bolo Zenden are back in training and could feature in Saturday's Merseyside derby with Everton 
The Mali international hasn't featured since injuring his shoulder against Birmingham in the Carling Cup on November 8th while Zenden hasn't played since he had knee surgery after the 1-0 win over Manchester City on November 29th.

While the manager admitted that Tuesday's trip to West Ham would probably be too early for the pair to return he is confident they will be available for the derby.

"It is good news for us to have Momo and Bolo back and they are both training well," revealed Benitez.

"Momo is flying into tackles in training and showing good energy :D and I will check with the doctor to see how his shoulder is and maybe he can play a part against Everton."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N154828070129-1415.htm

Great news that the MO is back but I dont think Gerrard should move to the right to accomodate him, Rafa is going to have a headache on how to fit the 3 of them into midfield.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:33 am

i hope he does play 'just a part' as to mess around now with a winning formula would be suicide, especially against the bitters, in a game like that you need a confident settled line up and cool heads

put him on the bench and maybe bring him on when are 4-0 up  :D
112-1077774096

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:42 am

BBC Sport reckon he is due a late fitness test for the game tonight. Obviously the late fitness test will be for a place on the bench
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zi-Dan Agger » Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:09 pm

oh no, not zenden... Any money he'l end up starting in the centre with Gerrard on the right! I really hope he doesnt though because putting Gerrard back out on the right takes away a lot of our creativity and makes our central midfield quite negative. Compared to having stevie G bombing on to support the strikers, Xabi and Sissoko/Zenden tend to sit back and play the holding role.  And on the right Jermaine Pennant has been finding form recently and i think it would be a shame to drop him when he's just finding his form, give the boy a chance and keep stevie in the middle! Rafa really does have a selection problem on his hands with the return of Momo...
Zi-Dan Agger

Postby redmikey » Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:33 pm

thats why rafa gets paid a bucket load of cash and has touchline terrets to make big decisions like this, and if we were to lose which i don't think we will,
i bet a kick in the knackers that some people will be on here saying rafa this and rafa that forgetting all about the 8 straight wins
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby CardinalRed » Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:39 pm

redmikey wrote:i bet a kick in the knackers that some people will be on here saying rafa this and rafa that forgetting all about the 8 straight wins

That's a safe bet RedMikey, with all the doubters that seem to jump on the depression bandwagon, your knackers are gonna stay intact.....!

:cool:
CardinalRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crouchaldinho » Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:55 pm

i agree that momo shouldnt walk straight back into the team, especially considering the good run we've had recently with alonso & stevie in the middle.

I reckon he should be on the bench, but should make an appearance in the 2nd half. If we started with Riise/Aurelio, Alonso, Stevie, Pennant - lets say we're 1-0 or 2-0 up in the 2nd half, maybe take Stevie off for Momo, but if its level, or we're behind (fingers crossed that wont happen like) take Pennant off for Momo, push Stevie out to the right/free role, to let him maraud forward a bit more.
crouchaldinho

Postby CarlosRocks » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:49 pm

i agree, momo should be left on the bench for the next couple of games and used as cover.

if we're playing well and we have a comfortable lead then yeah bring him on with 20 mins to play but dont just start tinkering with a winning team just cos he's back.

having him back to near enough complete match fitness would be great for the barca games tho....
CarlosRocks

Postby Elchris » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:52 pm

i have a feelin we'll see a new evolved momo sissoko........because sooner or later he have to step up his game.. macherano will be joinin us so he has to fight for his position even harder
he's tackle are wonderful but he needs to work on his passing and shots
Elchris

Postby Marianne » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:38 pm

crouchaldinho wrote:i agree that momo shouldnt walk straight back into the team, especially considering the good run we've had recently with alonso & stevie in the middle.

I reckon he should be on the bench, but should make an appearance in the 2nd half. If we started with Riise/Aurelio, Alonso, Stevie, Pennant - lets say we're 1-0 or 2-0 up in the 2nd half, maybe take Stevie off for Momo, but if its level, or we're behind (fingers crossed that wont happen like) take Pennant off for Momo, push Stevie out to the right/free role, to let him maraud forward a bit more.

I agree, momo is a fantastic player to have back in the squad tho as  he gives us depth, but alonso and gerro are defo 1st choice!
Oh Gerro we love you
Marianne

Postby heimdall » Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:07 pm

Nice to have Momo back and I suppose Bolo as well  :lookaround but please please please Rafa don't tinker with the team, at the moment it is working so sweat. Tell you what guys if Rafa keeps Gerrard in the middle then he will rise a lot in my estimation otherwise  :veryangry
heimdall

Postby Crouchamania » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:01 pm

Bloody hell just when everything is going well that bloomin Sissoko comes back :D

No just kidding great news obviously but i wouldn't risk him from the start.

Bring him on if we need to shut up shop or if were winning 3-0.
RIP Drummerphil YNWA

JFT96 Don't buy The S*n

Crouchamania

Postby jonnymac1979 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:20 pm

Got my Derby ticket earlier tonight for the Kop.  Top stuff.
jonnymac1979

Postby Ciggy » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:46 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:Got my Derby ticket earlier tonight for the Kop.  Top stuff.

So did I me mums neighbours goin on a cruise so I can have his ticket  :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:55 pm

peewee wrote:put him on the bench and maybe bring him on when are 4-0 up  :D

i'm not sure he's ready to play 80 minutes yet :D
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion