sissoko
54%
Carragher
7%
Risse
No votes

Total votes : 81

Postby Theo@home » Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:41 pm

I was torn between Sissoko and Hamann - ended up voting for Momo because of his relative youth and inexperience.  I thought he put in an outstanding display to dominate midfield and at the same time curb his 'enthusiasm' for loose tackles and misplaced passes.  He's really coming on in leaps and bounds IMO.

As many have said it was a great team performance today - good to see Nando putting in the effort and Crouch obviously spent last week practising headers - why can't he do that every week?

** oops - thanks RichardLFC1 ***
Theo@home

Postby RichardLFC1 » Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:42 pm

Didi and hamman that cant be right  ???

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby gato_busta » Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:05 am

Theo@home wrote:As many have said it was a great team performance today - good to see Nando putting in the effort and Crouch obviously spent last week practising headers - why can't he do that every week?

** oops - thanks RichardLFC1 ***

Bet Crouch's injury was not too serious and spent all that time practicing headers with Reina :D . I really am between Sissoko and Hamann, they're going to repeat the match in a couple of minutes on ESPN so I'll give my vote later  :rasp .
"Jugadores hay muchos, ídolos muy pocos"

Descansa en paz Claudia (9/10/1984 - 11/25/2007)
gato_busta

Postby Woollyback » Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:07 am

sissoko. his finest performance in a red shirt, endless energy, commitment, drive and guile. absolutely brilliant and a delight to watch. he made the entire man u midfield his bitch. immense.
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bother » Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:38 am

Momo, follwed by Stevey Finnan, then probably Didi after him.

Good game from all the lads, but Sissoko just outshone them all :)
Bother

Postby el_stinger » Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:26 am

woof woof ! wrote:Sissoko was :censored: immense

I know we all been worried about how loose he is in the tackle ,but his display today showed us once agean why Rafa signed him . This fella is on course to become a Liverpool legend , just needs some lessons on how to disguise his aggression .

:D  :D  :D

Followed by some shooting lessons, and the guy will be awesome. His shots are poor at the mo, does anyone know his career goal tally?
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:57 am

I've seen the match now.

Hamman. In Manchester tonight they'll be complaining about their midfield being :censored:, but it's all Hamman's fault. He doesn't run much, because he's always where he has to be. And he tackles superbly. Today he even made a long pass a la Alonso in the first half, but I don't ask him doing that. Some say Sissoko is future and that we'd play him but precisely because he has future, I'd use Hamman now that he can still provide many things. While we haven't got a right winger, Gerrard, Alonso , Hamman, Kewell would be the midfield I'd play in a final.

The commentator of a game  was a manc :angry: I couldn't stop laughing when I hear Born in USA song :laugh:
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sun Feb 19, 2006 2:13 am

Would probably go with Finnan.  The most consistent right back in the league.  Fantastic crosses with either foot, gets up the touchline regulary on the overlap, aggressive in his defending, excellent control, never gives less than 100% and seems totally at home at Anfield.  Never has a bad or even average game.  Always one of our best players.

For me he's as good as first name on the team sheet apart from the obvious.  The lad picks himself.
jonnymac1979

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Feb 19, 2006 2:17 am

Diddle-doo for me!!!!!!

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sun Feb 19, 2006 2:18 am

Sissoko without a doubt, he was everywhere today and their midfield could not handle him, he was brilliant.

By the way, all the best to Alan Smith, hope he isnt out for too long, Good luck to him.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gato_busta » Sun Feb 19, 2006 2:40 am

I still can't really decide. MOM is usually a player that outshines everyone on the pitch yet I dont think there was a player that did that. Not that it's a bad thing, it's just that the whole squad gave a great performance. Between Momo and Didi, I'll say it was a photo finish and Didi won by a nose :D .
"Jugadores hay muchos, ídolos muy pocos"

Descansa en paz Claudia (9/10/1984 - 11/25/2007)
gato_busta

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:07 am

hard to pick between sissoko and hamann cos they were both supurb in the midfield, But I think my vote goes to sissoko for his sheer determination and his "if first you dont succeed, kick lumps out of them" attitude.

He is gonna be great for this club
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Liverpool 4 EVA » Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:15 am

Sissoko, Hamann and Finnan for me where all equally as good as eachother.

Absolutely awesome.
Drummerphil - our thoughts are with you
Liverpool 4 EVA
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby darwisigila » Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:34 am

hamman for me.....with sissoko, no match for manure midfield
darwisigila

Postby onizukaeikichi » Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:38 am

sissoko, why put gerrard, yea he still contributed but thats not the best of him that he had shown while sissoko was all over the field
onizukaeikichi

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion