Mista - Valencia's mista trouble

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby the great one » Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:19 pm

Valencia's Mista trouble

Valencia are unable to agree on a new contract with striker Mista.

The Spanish marksman has reportedly been offered a new five-year deal with the club, worth around €1.2 million each year.

However, Mista and his representatives have not yet given a positive response to the offer and the club now feel that he will be leaving when his current deal expires at the end of the season.

Mista banged in 19 goals in the Spanish league last term, and the 26-year-old has been a target of former Valencia boss Rafa Benitez, now in charge at Liverpool.

With Michael Owen leaving for Real Madrid, Benitez had targeted Mista as a replacement, and a deal could even come in the winter transfer market with the Spanish champions aware he could leave for free next summer.

The Che are believed to have already begun the search for a replacement with Claudio Ranieri telling the club's board exactly what he wants.

if current rumour to be true we will have a first team full of spainsh players  ???  this is gettin ridculous :angry:
Last edited by the great one on Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:33 pm

So what if they get the job done dont care where they come from :;):
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby spud » Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:37 pm

Jerry Armstrong was on TalkSport tonight and gave a very impressive overview of Mista comparing him favourably to Morientes.

He stated his contract expired at the end of Dec 04.

As previously stated his agent is the same as Rafa so the signs are it could be done.

I'm positive about Mista and not too concerned about another Spaniard.  I just want to team to improve.
spud

Postby Ciggy » Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:29 pm

agreed, as I said before I dont care who plays for us as long as they have plenty of skill and talent and I dont care what nationality they are, and we do have a spanish manager so getting the message across in spanish on the training grounds will be better in the long run, you only have to look at arsenal for that, thats why houllier brought all them french in but his tactics didnt succeed, Reyes doesnt speak a word of english btw he would be better coming to us to join his spanish compardres :p
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:43 pm

to be honest, you only add to your squad if the player will improve that area.

Right now, signing Rip Van Winkle would improve our attack.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:49 pm

Great one you sound a bit racist with that comment. I couldn't care if our team was full of midgets as long as they do their job.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Paul C » Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:35 pm

I don't care if their from Mars or Spain, as long as they help us get back to the top of the EPL, Beni doesn't know enough about British players to buy any yet but he knows the Spainish market very well :;):
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:43 am

if this guy gives us a year like robbie fowler way back when scoring 28 goals who cares where he comes from
we win and kick manures A$$!!!!
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:59 am

i dnt want spainish players flogging up our first team we might as well just become another la liga if we gonna keep buying spain players it was bad enough the french but now the spainish. people moan about the academy not producing stars but how can it when they won't even get a chance with the first team full of spainsh stars i dnt have nothink against buying them but there has to be a balance and i dnt see that ???  how are the players gonna comminucate with each other. just like diouf said about the rifts between  the english and the french same will happen with the spainsh i throught we deal in quality mista aint the answer and these so call bulls like josemi and alonso where's the passion ???
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Oct 13, 2004 2:05 am

the great one wrote:i dnt want spainish players flogging up our first team we might as well just become another la liga if we gonna keep buying spain players it was bad enough the french but now the spainish. people moan about the academy not producing stars but how can it when they won't even get a chance with the first team full of spainsh stars i dnt have nothink against buying them but there has to be a balance and i dnt see that ???  how are the players gonna comminucate with each other. just like diouf said about the rifts between  the english and the french same will happen with the spainsh i throught we deal in quality mista aint the answer and these so call bulls like josemi and alonso where's the passion ???

R-A-C-I-S-T. You should move to Charlton, like Danny. Wenger brought a hell of a lot of French players and what club is 48 games unbeaten? Its about spotting the right talent. Passion for a club is not bought, it is created.
Last edited by A.B. on Wed Oct 13, 2004 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Oct 13, 2004 2:16 am

A.B. wrote:Wenger brought a hell of a lot of French players and what club is 48 games unbeaten? Its about spotting the right talent. Passion for a club is not bought, it is created.

I agree A.B.

I don't really care who is in the team, what country etc they are from if they improve the team and get us back to the top then I have absolutely no problem.

And great one how can u say Josemi has no passion, he plays his heart out every game and goes in hard for the ball on every occasion, surlely you realise this or you haven't been watching Josemi in action.
Last edited by LFC #1 on Wed Oct 13, 2004 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Oct 13, 2004 6:36 am

What would you rather have the boring liverpool who cant win against the likes of pompey ???  under Houllier or a liverpool the valencia way under Benitez outclassing teams  ??? Im sure the majourity will choose the later. Benitez is going to mold us a team that is capable of winning CL and PL its going to take time, and its going to be upto the players to want that too one thing about our new arivals they are very passionate, maybe not about Liverpool YET but about there football, this will come given time when they realise how much passion the fans will have for them.
They are new 4 new players new manager it will all turn out fine give it 2 years.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:31 am

Don't know why, but I've got a notion that TGO is slightly racist in a sort of reverse sense. He has vehemently defended Heskey before, claiming his lack of form was due to racist abuse from Liverpool supporters? ??? and made other wild claims, almost always praising up black players while slagging foreigners etc. The thing is TGO, we've had probably the best black British player ever to play the game in John Barnes. Remember when fans of other teams used to throw bananas on the pitch whenever Digger played. Didn't bother him or us though'. What a footballer. Absolutely unstoppable in his prime, forget doubling up on him they used to quadruple up and still couldn't stop him. My point is, we've always embraced everyone at Liverpool, black, white, Scots, Irish you name it. Remember Jan Molby? We signed him when nobody even looked at scandanavians. Once again, what a player. One of the best to wear the red shirt.
It's true that at the moment our squad looks a bit top heavy with Spaniards and Frenchmen but British players these days cost the earth. I've long advocated the signing of Ledley King 12mill, Damien Duff 12mill, Scott Parker 5mill, Jermaine Defoe 20mill but the truth is we just haven't got the dosh. Imagine what Alonso would have cost over here, or Josemi for that matter ( I can't take your comments about him seriously, sorry). No, Rafa has to work with a limited budget and needs immediate results. Best then to stick with a market that he knows like the back of his hand and where the players are relatively cheap. As the man himself says, "I like good footballers, not necessarily Spanish footballers.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:33 am

bigmick wrote:Don't know why, but I've got a notion that TGO is slightly racist in a sort of reverse sense. He has vehemently defended Heskey before, claiming his lack of form was due to racist abuse from Liverpool supporters? ???

what is he, Big Ben?  :D
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:37 pm

The Great One, that wasnt a great post...
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion