Mista

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:39 pm

It is expected that Mista will be the one to sign with Liverpool rather than Morientes. For two reasons:
1. Mista's contract expires in January and he has not signed a new contract w/ Valencia, he is expected to walk out on Valencia.
2. Rafael Benitez knows Mista very well and both Benitez and Mista have the same agent.

As we have seen on tv and from what StMichael posted recently, Mista is a great player who can bang in the goals.

However there is one thing to all this. Mista will have to adapt to the Premiership and you can not expect him to be able to score the goals as soon as he arrives. It always takes players time to adapt to a new league and Mista is no exception.

Those who want us to sign Mista will have to realize that he will not be able to play at his best as soon as he arrives. One must be patient because if not a month after Mista's arrival some will be saying that signing him was a bad move because he did not score the goals just like some are saying the same thing with Djibril Cisse.

The point of this thread is to remind some that even with a player good as Mista it will take him time to adapt to this league.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby L-type » Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:44 pm

of course there will always be dissent among the ranks, but that's the way these things are and it's what makes forums interestign cus if everyone had the same opinion the it would be the same old ****** every post.  Personally i want to see Mista come to Liverpool and I've also heard Vicente is even better.  I hope Benitez also finds a way to keep the english soul of Liverpool here.  I also hope to see Neil Mellor given a run in the first team, because if he is as prolific of a goal scorer as lfc.tv says then we can use the money on strengthening our team in other places.
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mynameisred » Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:45 pm

My reply is Alonso, Garcia and Reyes.
The man who came to merseyside from Newcastle, the man who says he's part of Liverpool as much as the Liver building. When he was needed Alan Kennedy was there. And with now just 8 minutes to go it could be that Alan Kennedy has made a little history.
mynameisred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:51 pm

Reyes

Reyes was poor last year for Arsenal,it took him time to adjust. Look at him now
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby mynameisred » Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:58 pm

A.B. wrote:
Reyes

Reyes was poor last year for Arsenal,it took him time to adjust. Look at him now

I wouldnt say he was poor, he was worth he place in the team and showed his potential. He is now fulfilling that potential. My basic point is that Rafa has so far brought in 3 players three of them we have seen play and not one of them looks like he needs a year to settle. Im not saying we are seeing the best of them Im just saying they have already come in and looked the part. This leads me to believe that Benitez (and remember how much of a detail freak he is) has researched potential targets in depth unlike Gh. He will know who can come and do a job right now because that is when we need it. We may have to take a sidestep in Jan, Eg Mista and not Morientes but so far Rafas credit has been good and im willing to extend him some more. If he wants Mista then goddam it Moores get the man Mista.
The man who came to merseyside from Newcastle, the man who says he's part of Liverpool as much as the Liver building. When he was needed Alan Kennedy was there. And with now just 8 minutes to go it could be that Alan Kennedy has made a little history.
mynameisred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby L-type » Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:19 am

mynameisred wrote:
A.B. wrote:I wouldnt say he was poor, he was worth he place in the team and showed his potential. He is now fulfilling that potential. My basic point is that Rafa has so far brought in 3 players three of them we have seen play and not one of them looks like he needs a year to settle. Im not saying we are seeing the best of them Im just saying they have already come in and looked the part. This leads me to believe that Benitez (and remember how much of a detail freak he is) has researched potential targets in depth unlike Gh. He will know who can come and do a job right now because that is when we need it. We may have to take a sidestep in Jan, Eg Mista and not Morientes but so far Rafas credit has been good and im willing to extend him some more. If he wants Mista then goddam it Moores get the man Mista.

Agreed
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:33 am

If Mista comes on a free it would be big bonus, personally i like to see some serious funds for the centre of defence rather then splashed out on another striker. An injury or suspension and the defence starts to look real bare
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Tue Oct 26, 2004 6:55 am

Agreed, especially if we were to lose JC or SH for 3-4 months i cant see Henchoz being a really top quality replacement.  Then again who knows what rafa could get out of him...
And I dont care what anyone says you just dont play Biscan in the centre of defence! :D
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:06 am

Starbridge42 wrote:And I dont care what anyone says you just dont play Biscan in the centre of defence! :D

don't think you will find any disagreements there.  :D
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:49 am

Lets look at the facts....

1)     Mista is out of contract at Valencia, the reason being that Rafa did not think that he was good enough to offer him a better or extended one.

2)     This thread should not have been started, there are countless Mista ones from the last two to three weeks.

3)     We need a goal poacher, a fox in the box, a six yard striker, whatever you want to call them. Mista is not this kind of player.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:23 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:3)     We need a goal poacher, a fox in the box, a six yard striker, whatever you want to call them. Mista is not this kind of player.

the problem is Leon who is a good goal poacher that we can realistically sign, Morientes isn't this kind of player either, there is not many quality poachers around who are say in the RVN or Kezman class.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redtribe » Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:30 am

I kind of disagree Leon all though he may not be a real fox in the box??
His movement is always to be attacking the penalty area which for me is what we want!
If Van Horseface is what you call a F.I.T.B the i dont see Mista as much more different!
If its a Lineaker your after then yeah he probably isnt that foxy!
Anyway this is all specultation and Rafa's choice will be the right one and thats fine by me!!

Also if we are all talking about Mista does that make us Mista Men
Bugsy i'm Mista Bump!!
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Adebisi » Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:38 am

AB you're telling us to give Mista time to adapt, we havent even signed him yet! or there is nothing concrete that a deal will be agreed!
You can repost this in say March if 1. We actually sign him 2. he is struggling to score after a few games!
Dont count your chickens.....
Adebisi

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:17 pm

LFC #1 wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:3)     We need a goal poacher, a fox in the box, a six yard striker, whatever you want to call them. Mista is not this kind of player.

.... there is not many quality poachers around who are say in the RVN or Kezman class.

Oh no, not like Kezman!!
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:23 pm

well perhpas Kezman at PSV. :D

he sure hasn't shown that form at Chelsea.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion