Mista

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Paul C » Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:50 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:Lets look at the facts....

1)     Mista is out of contract at Valencia, the reason being that Rafa did not think that he was good enough to offer him a better or extended one.

2)     This thread should not have been started, there are countless Mista ones from the last two to three weeks.

3)     We need a goal poacher, a fox in the box, a six yard striker, whatever you want to call them. Mista is not this kind of player.

Another nasty b3stard post from Leon but another great answer, I don't think people have thought about answer no. 1  :;):
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:53 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:Mista is out of contract at Valencia, the reason being that Rafa did not think that he was good enough to offer him a better or extended one.

i thought they offered him a contract extension but the player turned it down claiming that the terms were "laughable".  ???
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 106-1093504160 » Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:56 pm

i'd heard that also
106-1093504160

Postby Paul C » Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:58 pm

Actually come to think of it Rafa said that he tried to buy Mista in the summer but Valencia wouldn't even talk to him cos of the court case issue.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Oct 26, 2004 3:23 pm

Paul C wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:Lets look at the facts....

1)     Mista is out of contract at Valencia, the reason being that Rafa did not think that he was good enough to offer him a better or extended one.

2)     This thread should not have been started, there are countless Mista ones from the last two to three weeks.

3)     We need a goal poacher, a fox in the box, a six yard striker, whatever you want to call them. Mista is not this kind of player.

Another nasty b3stard post from Leon but another great answer, I don't think people have thought about answer no. 1  :;):

F*$K OFF Paul C (Joke) :D
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Tue Oct 26, 2004 3:28 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:3)     We need a goal poacher, a fox in the box, a six yard striker, whatever you want to call them. Mista is not this kind of player.

is aj the type of player u call fox in the box i know he was playing in divsion 1 last but is he the kind of player your on about  ???
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:52 pm

AB you're telling us to give Mista time to adapt, we havent even signed him yet! or there is nothing concrete that a deal will be agreed!
You can repost this in say March if 1. We actually sign him 2. he is struggling to score after a few games!
Dont count your chickens.....

How hard is to comprehend such simple things. IF we sign Mista which at this point of time it seems like it, he will need time to adapt. Otherwise a month later the same things will be said about Mista as they are being said about Djibril Cisse.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby bigmick » Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:05 pm

Not if we get him on a free A.B. That's the crux for me with Cisse, it's more a comment on Houlliers farcical judgement in the transfer market than it is on the ability of Cisse. I for one am not expecting him to deliver immediately, but the occasional fleeting glimpse of talent worthy of a 14 million pound outlay wouldn't go amiss. Alas I fear we will never see that in our lifetime. He's got the potential to make a player, but not 14 million pounds worth of player IMHO.
In the case of Mista, a free transfer changes the dynamic entirely. Even if he turns out to be rubbish, at least we are stuck with his wages only. Chances are his record will ensure we can offload him back to Spain without too much hassle.
Just to reiterate A.B. cos I know your a passionate fella and me and you have discussed this previously, I'm not expecting Cisse to uproot any trees, just to plant a couple of seeds.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:10 pm

bigmick wrote:Not if we get him on a free A.B. That's the crux for me with Cisse, it's more a comment on Houlliers farcical judgement in the transfer market than it is on the ability of Cisse. I for one am not expecting him to deliver immediately, but the occasional fleeting glimpse of talent worthy of a 14 million pound outlay wouldn't go amiss. Alas I fear we will never see that in our lifetime. He's got the potential to make a player, but not 14 million pounds worth of player IMHO.
In the case of Mista, a free transfer changes the dynamic entirely. Even if he turns out to be rubbish, at least we are stuck with his wages only. Chances are his record will ensure we can offload him back to Spain without too much hassle.
Just to reiterate A.B. cos I know your a passionate fella and me and you have discussed this previously, I'm not expecting Cisse to uproot any trees, just to plant a couple of seeds.

True Cisse is not worth 14 million but is Didier Drogba worth 24 million, a player who has only scored the same amount of goals in the Premiership as Cisse?

One can not blame Cisse for being worth 14 million as some did as he had nothing to do with the price. Within a couple of months he can prove himself to the fans and to the club step by step. I simply do not understand why are some stating that Cisse should be sold when he has so much potential of becoming a class player. The pace and the power he has is incredible and I am sure that if he is given time he can bang in the goals here as he once did at Auxerre.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby bigmick » Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:19 pm

A bit of a seperate tangent A.B. but I think Drogba probably IS worth 24 mill'. Just an opinion you understand.
On pretty much everything else, I think you're spot on. He didn't set the price and anyone who heckles him on the strength of this is way off. I agree that he will improve as long as his attitude doesn't destroy him, and I don't think it will. Finally, I've also read that people think we should sell him. Incredible. Regardless if they think he is useless or not to sell him now would be absolute madness. I don't know if you get negative equity in the U.S.A. It's a terrible thing A.B., experienced it meself once. :D
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:21 pm

I don't know if you get negative equity in the U.S.A. It's a terrible thing A.B., experienced it meself once

I get the negativity from British media and the fans to some degree.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby bigmick » Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:26 pm

:D :D I know you get a hard time on here but I reckon you give as good as you get. Negative equity is when you buy a house for 100k and the prices drop and its only worth 50k. You can't sell it unless you've got 50k stashed under the mattress. Just gotta keep paying the mortgage and crying. Ok if you keep in work, but if you lose your job... If you already knew all this sorry to be a patronising a rse but you see the analogy with Cisse anyhow. Oh and thanks for the good luck message on the previous board mate. :;):
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:30 pm

bigmick wrote: :D :D I know you get a hard time on here but I reckon you give as good as you get. Negative equity is when you buy a house for 100k and the prices drop and its only worth 50k. You can't sell it unless you've got 50k stashed under the mattress. Just gotta keep paying the mortgage and crying. Ok if you keep in work, but if you lose your job... If you already knew all this sorry to be a patronising a rse but you see the analogy with Cisse anyhow. Oh and thanks for the good luck message on the previous board mate. :;):

LOL. No problem and I don't see it as a hard time, pure entertainment really.  :D
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby cptrios » Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:47 pm

whatever happened to Bowditch, anyway? did i miss something?
cptrios

Postby greenred » Wed Oct 27, 2004 12:04 am

As far as im aware,Mista is available to sign a pre-contract in the new year but he wont be available till next season.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion