Miquel roque

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby coxy » Tue May 31, 2005 9:40 am

Latest from sky sports

Liverpool have swooped to sign Spanish youngster Miquel Roque from Segunda Division outfit Lleida.
The 16-year-old has enjoyed a meteoric rise at the Catalan club this term having begun the season in the second youth team.
He subsequently forced his way into Lleida's first-team squad and his potential did not go unnoticed by Rafa Benitez who maintains a close eye on the Spanish market.
Benitez invited the teenager to Anfield for a trial some weeks back and saw enough to put a permanent deal in place.
Roque did attract scouts from both Barcelona and Real Madrid, but Liverpool moved quickly to secure his signing and he will now continue his development with the reserve team at Anfield.
The youngster expressed his excitement at the opportunity and insists he had no thoughts about turning it down, even if his Lleida team-mates initially thought it was a joke.
"When my representative told me I thought it was a joke," he stated.
"When they tell you scouts from Barca or Madrid have come it's more normal and within reason, but when it's Liverpool, it's hard to imagine.
"It's a great opportunity for me. Everyone who likes football dreams about something like this and I can't let the chance pass.
"When I told them (my team-mates) they did not believe me, they thought I was having a joke and I had to tell them four or five times before they took me seriously."
Roque revealed he had enjoyed the time he spent at Anfield earlier in the campaign and is confident he can adapt to life in England.
"The experience (at Anfield) was good because the first-team players there are close to reserves and there is constant contact between them," he continued.
"What's more they use them because there are many competitions to play.
"Living in Liverpool will not be like living in Lleida, but I am ready for it."
coxy

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue May 31, 2005 9:51 am

coxy wrote:Latest from sky sports

Liverpool have swooped to sign Spanish youngster Miquel Roque from Segunda Division outfit Lleida.
The 16-year-old has enjoyed a meteoric rise at the Catalan club this term having begun the season in the second youth team.
He subsequently forced his way into Lleida's first-team squad and his potential did not go unnoticed by Rafa Benitez who maintains a close eye on the Spanish market.
Benitez invited the teenager to Anfield for a trial some weeks back and saw enough to put a permanent deal in place.
Roque did attract scouts from both Barcelona and Real Madrid, but Liverpool moved quickly to secure his signing and he will now continue his development with the reserve team at Anfield.
The youngster expressed his excitement at the opportunity and insists he had no thoughts about turning it down, even if his Lleida team-mates initially thought it was a joke.
"When my representative told me I thought it was a joke," he stated.
"When they tell you scouts from Barca or Madrid have come it's more normal and within reason, but when it's Liverpool, it's hard to imagine.
"It's a great opportunity for me. Everyone who likes football dreams about something like this and I can't let the chance pass.
"When I told them (my team-mates) they did not believe me, they thought I was having a joke and I had to tell them four or five times before they took me seriously."
Roque revealed he had enjoyed the time he spent at Anfield earlier in the campaign and is confident he can adapt to life in England.
"The experience (at Anfield) was good because the first-team players there are close to reserves and there is constant contact between them," he continued.
"What's more they use them because there are many competitions to play.
"Living in Liverpool will not be like living in Lleida, but I am ready for it."

Most members of this forum are capable of browsing the internet to read such stories for them selves. If you have an exclussive, or some first hand information, maybe start a new thread, if not pop it into the rumours thread.

Are you the new AB ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby coxy » Tue May 31, 2005 9:58 am

Why put it in the rumours thread when its not a rumour?
coxy

Postby liamac » Tue May 31, 2005 10:12 am

Leon just likes telling people off :D
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby hawkmoon269 » Tue May 31, 2005 10:42 am

Yeah ignore Leon - his the self-styled vigilante moderator

:hearts  ya Leon!!!  :D
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue May 31, 2005 12:45 pm

Leon for :censored: sake lad, every bloody post you make is the same these days. Get a grip its gettin more borin than listenin to Banana.
115-1073096938

Postby malone » Tue May 31, 2005 1:03 pm

leon seriously man what is wrong with you? why put this info in the rumours page when in fact is not a rumour and this kid has actually joined liverpool, anyway stop trying to make this forum boring
malone

Postby woof woof ! » Tue May 31, 2005 1:30 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:Most members of this forum are capable of browsing the internet to read such stories for them selves.

That may be true but fortunately members like coxy ,AB and many many others post into our forum and save me and many others  the bother of trawling thru the net . Like I've said to you before this is an LFC forum not JUST a Fu*king newsdesk.

Really don't see your problem on this issue Leon.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby JBG » Tue May 31, 2005 1:58 pm

Sieg Heil Sturbanfurher Leon Mc.  :rasp  :rasp  :rasp
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby RedorDead » Tue May 31, 2005 4:44 pm

He is apparently a good young player, can't see him making a first team impact in anything other than the league cup maybe but it'll be good to see him develop and one for the future for sure.
L - I - V.....E - R - P.......Double O - L....Liverpool F C!!!!!
RedorDead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby cptrios » Tue May 31, 2005 4:45 pm

Agreed and all but we've gone off the poor guy's topic...anyone know anything about this kid?
cptrios

Postby stapo1000 » Tue May 31, 2005 6:10 pm

coxy wrote:Why put it in the rumours thread when its not a rumour?

its still a rumour cos the club haven't confirmed it yet and its not on the club website yet
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mramo » Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:36 am

Miquel Roque (above)
mramo

Postby liamac » Wed Jun 01, 2005 5:38 am

For a minute i thought  we were buying Steffi Graff when i saw that photo :D
liamac