Milk cup - LIVERPOOL VS CARDIFF - Match thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The Manhattan Project » Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:05 pm

Red wrote:
burjennio wrote:
Red @ Heart Posted on Oct. 30 2007,08:08
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
was there any need of that?
Liverpool, pride of England, play Cardiff, shame of Wales.

i dont know where you come from but to say my city is the shame of wales is absoloutly nonsence, grow the  up, how would you guys feel if i said things like liverpool was the murder capital of england or car theivery or prostitution, none of you would like that, so in future dont knock my city ok,

fúcking tósser

Meow, what are you the mayor? Its good to have pride in your town but not at the expense of a sense of humour

its not a town, its a city, and i do have a sence of humour,

and i apologise to manhatton, i mis understood what you put and i took it all wrong, so i apologise, and besides your a pretty funny guy,.  :p

Manhattan accepts this apology.

Manhattan loves everyone.

Sometimes a little too much though.

As the many restraining orders against me can attest to.
Last edited by The Manhattan Project on Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:45 am

I don't agree with those who say this competition means nothing. Getting to the final and winning would be a MASSIVE shot in the arm particularly as the final takes place so early (is it March/April?) in the season. I expect we will see a mixed bag in terms of selection. I would also like to see Hobbs get a run out but i would play him with Carra, the experience would do him good but he could do with someone to shephard him through the game and there's no-one better to do it than Jamie. Incidently, while Agger gets a lot of praise on these boards (more so when he's not in the team mind, amazing how much better players get when they are injured or not picked isn;t it?) he does have Carra to pretty much boss, bully and shephard him through every game. I don't expect to see many of the other youngsters play in this one although i do like the look of Spearing, he's a strong, determined little bugger who can run with the ball and gets a goal or two. Am looking forward to seeing Kewell finally back on the pitch and hope to see Crouch get a full 90mins under his belt.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:02 am

ill be taking my lad to his first game tomorrow, something ive been looking forward to since the day he was born, not sure how many of you got to choose your team or whether you where born a red like most in Liverpool, ive been to watch Liverpool more times than i can remember, home and away and ive had some of the best times of my life following this club, i just hope my lad is as lucky as ive been.

ynwa

put on a show lads 4.1 (fowler i hope)
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:05 am

J*o*n*D*o*e wrote:ill be taking my lad to his first game tomorrow, something ive been looking forward to since the day he was born, not sure how many of you got to choose your team or whether you where born a red like most in Liverpool, ive been to watch Liverpool more times than i can remember, home and away and ive had some of the best times of my life following this club, i just hope my lad is as lucky as ive been.

ynwa

put on a show lads 4.1 (fowler i hope)

Nice one, mate.  Your lad will be able to tell everyone that he got to see God play at Anfield, perhaps for the last time!  :nod
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:30 am

Looks like Kewell is in for a start tomorrow just seen it on sky sports news
Any bets on how long he lasts:)
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:33 am

NANNY RED wrote:Looks like Kewell is in for a start tomorrow just seen it on sky sports news

Hopefully longer than Wilhelmsson  :D
LFC2007

Postby username » Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:56 am

LFC2007 wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:Looks like Kewell is in for a start tomorrow just seen it on sky sports news

Hopefully longer than Wilhelmsson  :D

I see a good bet coming on here... Who last longer, Wilhelmsson or Kewell. Any takers?  :laugh:
"Fernando Towers won't triumph in the premiership.
And you can quote me on that. " - Sabre 2007
Sorry Sabre, but when i see stuff like this i have to quote it :D
username

Postby mungi » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:26 am

not many youngters in teh squad. only hobbs, martin, lucas and leto. kewell in the squad. looks like rafa will send out a strong side tomorrow. possibility of a 3-4-3 by the looks of the squad
mungi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raj_Xedos » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:15 am

i hope rafa puts babel upfront.....i would love to see what he can do......

...will GOD get a good reception if he scores??
Raj_Xedos

Postby mungi » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:27 am

i think he will. unless its the match winner !!!
mungi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:19 am

Newsflash.....
Kewell pulled a muscle in his hole this morning while preparing to take a dump. He could miss tonight's game....
Stop Press......
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:06 am

Is this not on at all later ? I have a kids halloween party so cant go.
Sky have got Arsenal and Sheffield united on and the highlights on itv dont even mention us either.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:51 pm

be interesting to see what the crowd is later. god's return should put an extra few thousand on the gate at least.

sky sports earlier were reporting that kewell was likely to figure :oh:
Last edited by stmichael on Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Sabre » Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:18 pm

First I want to congratulate Manhattan for yet another cracking post and a good topic starter.

Second, I'll translate John Toshack's article in today's San Sebastian local newspaper:

I plan to be in Anfield Road today, which was my home for 8 years. Good old times that!!! The best of my life!!! Often a footballer thinks that when his career ends, the life ends, but the truth is that life starts in that precise moment.

It's true aswell the years I've been a manager, 30 years already, are interesting aswell, and I cannot complain, but there's nothing like to be playing in the pitch to be honest.

Well, today we have a cup game between Rafa Benitez's team and Cardiff city. Cardiff, as you already know, is the capital of Wales, my land, and I started to play in that team when I was 16. 4 seasons later I signed up for the Reds. I remember what Shankly told me once I signed, "Congratulations John, you've made it from the nursery school to the university". I signed up when I was 20 and at the time I thought I was an important footballer, 110K pounds was the transfer fee, a record in that yeats.

So I started very motivated and excited. What a bath of reality was awaiting me!! (it's like saying how little I knew). At the beginning I was as lost as a fish out of the water.

In that times we always ended up the training sessions with a 6 against 6 mini matches. The winners had to choose what was the worst player of the other team, and the worst player had to wear a yellow top the rest of the day. He had to wear the yellow top in the bus trip from the training ground, to Anfield Road, the place in which we ate, had a shower, and we said goodbye to the day.

Well, in my first months I was fed up of  wearing the yellow top, and I felt a lof of shame. My pride told me it couldn't be that way. Every spare minute I had, I spent it in the famous "sweating box", it was some sort of boards in the middle of the training ground, in which I was improving my touch.

After 6 months trying I hadn't to wear the yellow top again.

When the anthem sounds, I'll have my hair electrified, again, it's so a emotive game for me, as I started in Cardiff as a children, and I ended up in Liverpool as a man.

-----

Toshack always tells us stories like this. Of course the yellow top story is meant to criticise a quality yet a bit soft player of my local team, but he always tells us stories about Liverpool. The 6 against 6 matches and the yellow top story catched my attention, so I translated it to you.
Last edited by Sabre on Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:49 pm

Does anyone know if the match is being shown on any foreign channels?
burjennio

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion