Milk cup - LIVERPOOL VS CARDIFF - Match thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:20 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:With injuries to Alonso and Mascherano, the manager may opt for Sissoko and Lucas. With it being Cardiff at home i would give somone untried a go and leave Lucas out and play him against Blackburn if Masher is not fit.
Might seem strange but been watching a bit of the ressies and have been really impressed with the young lad Jay Spearing. He is great in posession can pass with either foot and although he is only small he is strong and determined. He looks a top player in the making. Rafa probably wouldnt throw him in yet but i think he (Spearing) might surprise a few if he got a chance.

There not bad are they i like the look of Ray Putterill left mid and Ryan Flynn the young scottish kid in midfield hes got good passing ability dont think hell play any of them though.

Most probebly give a run out to lucas and leto . How far is Agger off a return may possible see him do him good with a warm up game
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:00 am

Despite Rafa brining in a lot of young players there isn’t much to shout about in our reserves at the moment. Apart from Jay Spearing, Jack Hobbs and Emiliano Insua I would be looking to use mainly fringe players from the first team squad.

It looks as though the following players will not be fit enough to be considered for the squad:

Daniel Agger
Fernando Torres
Fabio Aurelio
Xabi Alonso
Jermaine Pennant
Javier Mascherano

I think its high time Hobbs got a start and because of the lack of other options in the reserves and the fact that he has retired from international football I would play Carragher with him. I would also like to see Babel given a game upfront, he fancies himself as a striker and I think it’s an option we should explore, especially with Torres out.

Itandje

Arbeloa     Carragher     Hobbs     Insua

Benayoun    Sissoko      Lucas     Kewell

Voronin      Babel

Subs

Craig Lindfield
Sebastian Leto
Jay Spearing
Stephen Darby
David Martin

That would leave 7 good players (Finnan, Hyypia, Riise, Gerrard , Crouch. Kuyt and Reina) totally fresh for the Blackburn game.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:27 am

Id go for

GK - Itandje
DR - Finnan
DL - Insua
DC- Carragher
DC - Hobbs
MR - Gerrard
ML - Leto
FC - Crouch
FC - Babel

This is one we should win because it would improve confidence no end and against Reading rafa fielded a pretty strong team so im expecting the same.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:28 am

MC - Sissoko
MC - Lucas
silly me a midfield always helps !
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mungi » Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:47 am

lucas can pass. i think he could do well with momo
mungi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:44 am

I've avoided the topic because I've been too busy talking b0ll0cks elsewhere, I have to say though that it's the best topic starter I've ever seen :D :D Along with the "billionaire mode" thing for championship manager, and Leons "reality check-this is the internet and there is no sound", (which brought back memories of "I can see we are going to have to re-name you spiral bullsh!T"). Funny as feck and thanks for making me laugh :D :laugh:
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red @ Heart » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:08 am

was there any need of that?
Liverpool, pride of England, play Cardiff, shame of Wales.

i dont know where you come from but to say my city is the shame of wales is absoloutly nonsence, grow the :censored: up, how would you guys feel if i said things like liverpool was the murder capital of england or car theivery or prostitution, none of you would like that, so in future dont knock my city ok,

fúcking tósser
"GERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD what a goal"
Red @ Heart
LFC Super Member

Postby Red @ Heart » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:16 am

i want to see this match, and besides what he put about cardiff, the rest is well funny, alot of changes in the team i reckon, we should do Cardiff easily, there defence this season is rather shyte, they cant keep a clean sheet to save here lives, on a few occasions they have benn 3 -1 up with like 15 mins to go and would draw the game or even lose,

my opinion, easy win for the reds. :P
"GERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD what a goal"
Red @ Heart
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:19 am

Red wrote:was there any need of that?

i dont know where you come from but to say my city is the shame of wales is absoloutly nonsence, grow the :censored: up, how would you guys feel if i said things like liverpool was the murder capital of england or car theivery or prostitution, none of you would like that, so in future dont knock my city ok,

fúcking tósser

I thought Manhattan was referring to Cardiffs football team not the city.  ???

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby The Manhattan Project » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:34 am

woof woof ! wrote:

fúcking tósser

Yeah.

Cardiff City FC.

Unless the entire city of Cardiff is planning to play Liverpool on Wednesday night. Must be a real hassle transporting the Millennium Stadium from south Wales to Merseyside, not mention getting Shirley Bassey fit to play centre back for the Bluebirds in tomorrow's match.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:34 am

woof woof ! wrote:

fúcking tósser

yeah the city is much worse     :D

(joke mate)
112-1077774096

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:46 am

peewee wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:

fúcking tósser

(joke mate)

Don't knock Cardiff PeeWee, it's no longer a one horse town , and here's the proof.

:D
Last edited by woof woof ! on Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:48 am

woof woof ! wrote:
peewee wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:

fúcking tósser

(joke mate)

Don't knock Cardiff PeeWee, it's no longer a one horse town , and here's the proof.

:D

i think one of them might be a pony mate     :D
112-1077774096

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:09 am

:D  OK on a more serious note. Given the injuries we're carrying Rafa's selection for this match could prove to be one of the most interesting we've yet seen.

Will he give some fringe players a go ? will he start with Crouch ? Will he play Babel as a striker . Although it may be the lesser of the domestic competitions I'm sure Rafa will take it seriously and be looking for a win in a convincing manner.Injuries and Rafa's natural tendency to rotate will no doubt mean that we'll see some major changes . Possibly for the first time I'm actually looking forward to them.

Hopefully.

.                                                         Reina

.                         Finnan           Carragher        Hyypia             Arbeloa

.                         Benayoun        Gerrard          Levia               Leto/Kewell (is he fit yet ?)

Babel
                                                         Crouch.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:52 am

i have a feeling that sami will get a rest and hobbs will play, also kewell is back in training and may get a run out, also lucas. crouch will start up front with babel
112-1077774096

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion