MILAN JOVANOVIC - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:46 am

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:Frightened the life out of Clichy, and he's no mug when it comes to defending thought our play lost a lot of its urgency when he was withdrawn ..... Rodriguez certainly needs to up his game considerably if he is to warrant a starting berth ....we don't need passengers  ???

agreed. Maxi played with no sense of urgency.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Dundalk » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:57 am

Was impressed by him yesterday and he was certainly up for it. Given a bit of time to gel with his new teammates he could be a very good signing
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bermenstein » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:03 am

Looks a tough customer.

Altough when he sprang the offside trap when Ngog was offside and balooned it high & wide, he should have squared it cross the box ( 2 players free)

Suppose it was the adrenillin pumping...
Bermenstein
LFC Super Member

Postby The_Rock » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:44 am

Looks good against arsenal.......deffo better than Riera (and even babel) on the left. We looked a far weaker team when he went off for Maxi.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Waldo » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:59 am

Jova offered us good balance on the left side of MF. He isn't afraid to get the ball down and run at players, looks quite a direct player and can put the boot in when required.

Looks a promising signing!
Waldo
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:22 pm

He looks like a very determined hard work type of player. Not lazy at all and looks like a goalscorer to me. Good player, massive upgrade from Riera? mm...time will tell
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matt_liverpool » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:34 pm

I really liked the way he made that run and went for the goal when somone (Ngog?) was in offside position. Really tells something about the determination, ability and awareness of the fella. :)
Last edited by matt_liverpool on Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
matt_liverpool

Postby rocky29 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:12 pm

played well could see him and aquaman playing well together especially in europe
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby Zidane » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:43 am

Was MOTM for me, I thought he was very very good today.. might have to get me a kit of this guy now. :)
Zidane

Postby Fauxy » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:46 am

I really like his determination and work rate.

But im not entirely convinced in his ability. He did seem to run straight into people a lot in this game.

Was unlucky not to score though, did everything right it was just a good save.
Fauxy

Postby Dalglish » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:51 am

Zidane wrote:Was MOTM for me, I thought he was very very good today.. might have to get me a kit of this guy now. :)

Second that  :)

Played well and deserved the MOM (if he got it that is)

I joked on Sunday that there were certain "Biscan" like qualities about him   :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fauxy » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:58 am

I would say Kyrgiakos man of the match to be honest, an absolute rock :)

Jovanovic came close though.
Fauxy

Postby aCe' » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:00 am

Seems like a good player to me... I'd keep him in the side but take Kuyt off sometimes... Seems a little too rigid having them both playing a very similar game...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:43 am

Fauxy wrote:I really like his determination and work rate.

But im not entirely convinced in his ability. He did seem to run straight into people a lot in this game.

Could and probably should have lobbed/lifted it over the keeper, if you keep it on the ground then the keeper only has the one dimension to deal with.

He played pretty well, I think Kyrgiakos is probably as good a call for MOTM.  I think a lot of the players didn't retain possession as well as they could have down to pressing from the turks. It was kind of inevitable our only goal should come from the one moment in the match when their defence was wide open and you could have driven an entire tank division through it. A tad ironic that Babel should finish so assuredly and then be taken off! (I trust/assume he was injured or that wasn't great management)
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fauxy » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:53 pm

Owzat wrote:
Fauxy wrote:I really like his determination and work rate.

Could and probably should have lobbed/lifted it over the keeper, if you keep it on the ground then the keeper only has the one dimension to deal with.

He played pretty well, I think Kyrgiakos is probably as good a call for MOTM.  I think a lot of the players didn't retain possession as well as they could have down to pressing from the turks. It was kind of inevitable our only goal should come from the one moment in the match when their defence was wide open and you could have driven an entire tank division through it. A tad ironic that Babel should finish so assuredly and then be taken off! (I trust/assume he was injured or that wasn't great management)

It was obviously good managment because as soon as he came off we started playing well  :D

Plus Torres got some match fitness!
Fauxy

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion