MILAN JOVANOVIC - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:42 pm

Makes me think (and I know its early) but is there a position for Kuyt in Roys first 11?

I would prefer Maxi on the right and Jova on the left, cole behind Torres and gerrard and Lucas/Aqua in the middle.. doesnt leave much room for Dirky boy now does it?
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:11 pm

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:Makes me think (and I know its early) but is there a position for Kuyt in Roys first 11?

I would prefer Maxi on the right and Jova on the left, cole behind Torres and gerrard and Lucas/Aqua in the middle.. doesnt leave much room for Dirky boy now does it?

Kuyt will start out right - he has proven himself there on many occasions despite opinions to the contary
Benny The Noon

Postby zarababe » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:34 pm

Alongside Cole has an excellent game.. things are lookin good with these 'freebies' so-far :)
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:36 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:
Ola Mr Benitez wrote:Makes me think (and I know its early) but is there a position for Kuyt in Roys first 11?

Kuyt will start out right - he has proven himself there on many occasions despite opinions to the contary

He has proved himself to Rafa. Most suporters and pundits alike would say the same thing about Kuyt.. He works hard, but his ability to beat a player is non existent and his crosses are poor.

However I believe with Johnson bombing forward there is a case for a player like Kuyt, Im just not sure whether Roy will agree and I think there are better options both in the market and in the current squad.
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:37 pm

Personally, I reckon if a decent offer comes in for Kuyt (though it's gone mysteriously quiet on that front) I'd take it....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:39 pm

Where as I think Roy wil think Kuyt is perfect for him and he way he sets up a team .
Benny The Noon

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:41 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:Where as I think Roy wil think Kuyt is perfect for him and he way he sets up a team .

I guess that's why he's the successful journeyman coach and we aren't....
He seems to know what he's at so far so let him away with it so far...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:46 pm

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:

He has proved himself to Rafa. Most suporters and pundits alike would say the same thing about Kuyt.. He works hard, but his ability to beat a player is non existent and his crosses are poor.

However I believe with Johnson bombing forward there is a case for a player like Kuyt, Im just not sure whether Roy will agree and I think there are better options both in the market and in the current squad.

Pennant had great ability to beat a player then did feck all , beating a player isn't the be all and end all of everything .
Benny The Noon

Postby rocky29 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:41 pm

kuyt babbel masch out theres 50 million and your telling me we couldnt do better than them 3 with 50 million for fecksake
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:46 pm

And what does that have to do with Jovanovic
Benny The Noon

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:50 pm

I'd like it if you downsized your weetabix box please Benny. The rat-a-tat-tat is bad enough without having to confront a box of cereal when I scroll down.
LFC2007

Postby PabloAimar » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:55 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:
Ola Mr Benitez wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:

Pennant had great ability to beat a player then did feck all , beating a player isn't the be all and end all of everything .

neither is 'working hard'
we've only won it 5 times
PabloAimar

Postby Owzat » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:53 am

Russian doll! Russian doll! Come on mods, you ain't bumping that thread up quick enough or often enough! :laugh:

Bullshine to anyone who says Kuyt's only attribute is "hard work". His crosses are better than most acknowledge, part of the bigger picture was the fact that noone got into the box to support the play and get on the end of crosses. He puts in some masterful crosses, fair enough not all of them are good but then the same is true of anyone you could care to name like Lennon, BECKHAM etc etc. Beating the defender and getting a cross in from the byline is over-rated in my book anyway, the angle often makes the cross easily cut out or blocked and players can try and cut into the box which has (too many defending) bodies in it.

When we sign someone like Messi or Ronaldo then Kuyt can go to the left wing, but the odds of us signing someone better for less than £15m-£20m are more remote than idiots who constantly trot out the same mythical line about "hard work and nothing else" changing the record or conceding he is a lot better than they make out - then why would they stop bashing Kuyt, their agenda is obviously a hate on for Kuyt and not about the football.

Oh and if he was even half as bad as some muppets make out, he wouldn't be anywhere near the Dutch starting XI
Last edited by Owzat on Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:56 am

Target for Jovanovic this Premiership season should be 10+ goals and assists in the same kind of quantity, based on him playing the best part of the 38 games
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Tim LFC » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:13 pm

Milan relishing Vidic test
New Liverpool striker looking forward to battles with compatriot

New Liverpool striker Milan Jovanovic can not wait to lock horns with compatriot Nemanja Vidic this term.

The Serbia international consulted the Manchester United defender before he moved to Anfield this summer as a free agent after his Standard Liege deal ran out.

He is now relishing the opportunity to test himself against his friend, insisting Vidic will get no favours.

Jovanovic told the Daily Star Sunday: "Yes, I spoke with Vidic (about Liverpool). He respects Liverpool very much.

"I came here to do my best and I'm looking forward to being his opponent.

"If I have the chance to play him, I hope we will fight!

"He is a good friend of mime and we will see a lot of each other.

"I have already experienced playing against English clubs, both Everton and Arsenal,and I know what to expect."
Tim LFC

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion