MILAN JOVANOVIC - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ben Patrick » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:13 am

In and Out wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:Going for him first goal tonight, even though i have a feeling it will be 0-0.

:laugh:

I know it's a stupid post mate - i will obviously do 0-0 as a cover bet. I am the eternal optimist you see  :D
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby In and Out » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:24 am

Ben Patrick wrote:
In and Out wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:Going for him first goal tonight, even though i have a feeling it will be 0-0.

:laugh:

I know it's a stupid post mate - i will obviously do 0-0 as a cover bet. I am the eternal optimist you see  :D

It's not stupid Ben, it's funny  :D
Football is a relatively simple game and Roy knows it ;)
In and Out
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:08 pm

bigmick wrote:
metalhead wrote:I know this for a FACT, he is better than voronin

Mate you don't know it for a FACT. I'll give you that the balance of probability is that he is, simply because Voronin was garbage and you're probably better than him yourself, but until we see him play for us it remains just extremely likely IMHO.

I actually think Voronin was a far better player than Dossena. Dossena was the modern day Sean Dundee, and made that Nunez bloke look like Pele. He made Marc Gonzalez look like Maradona.

See, extremly likely better = FACT :D

Voronin was rubbish mate, He made Ngog look like Thierry Henry. This Serbian guy we got has a good record in Belgium and a good record with the serbian national team. He might not be a top class player or an excellent one (we hope he will), but I think he will be decent.

Will he be better than voronin - Yes
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:13 pm

I think the chances of anyone saying Voronin was better are remote, doesn't make it 'fact' (or 'FACT')
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:43 pm

i was really impressed with his performance tonight, looked good, switching sides and good on the ball, quicker than i realised

seems a good signing for us
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:06 pm

cardiff-red wrote:i was really impressed with his performance tonight, looked good, switching sides and good on the ball, quicker than i realised

seems a good signing for us

He was fantastic. Never say die attitude indeed. Hugely enjoyable.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby boodiddy1 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:23 pm

Runs like kuyt only faster and cuter on the ball. Looks promising. A lot more fluid the while team tonight. I really hope to see Roy allow the lads to express themselves. Instead of the robotic stuff of last year. (sorry that ain't a pop at rafa)

Yes it is:D
boodiddy1

Postby bigmick » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:26 pm

I wouldn't be getting too carried away about him yet based on what I've seen. He's obviously a trier, and isn't useless. Beyond that, believe it or not it's too early for me to say :laugh: . If I was having a guess, I'd say he was aleft footed Kuyt. It's easy to see why Rafa liked him, to me he looks like a Rafa type of player based on what I've seen so far.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:13 pm

bigmick wrote:I wouldn't be getting too carried away about him yet based on what I've seen. He's obviously a trier, and isn't useless. Beyond that, believe it or not it's too early for me to say :laugh: . If I was having a guess, I'd say he was aleft footed Kuyt. It's easy to see why Rafa liked him, to me he looks like a Rafa type of player based on what I've seen so far.

Not sure about that. Kuyt isnt much of a dribbler, isnt bestowed with a great deal of pace, doesnt always look to beat his man and isnt much of a crosser.
Makes you wonder what Kuyts qualities are doesnt it. :D
I think Jovanovic is more of a natural wide player although he can play through the centre.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PabloAimar » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:41 pm

bigmick wrote:I wouldn't be getting too carried away about him yet based on what I've seen. He's obviously a trier, and isn't useless. Beyond that, believe it or not it's too early for me to say :laugh: . If I was having a guess, I'd say he was aleft footed Kuyt. It's easy to see why Rafa liked him, to me he looks like a Rafa type of player based on what I've seen so far.

a left footed kuyt? he looked quite literally twice as fast as kuyt, he could dribble and he could keep the ball under control and get a cross in under pressure. if you mean he has 2 arms, 2 legs and a head - then yeah, he's a left footed kuyt.

although the opposition was cr*p today, i saw something in the directness of his play today that suggests he will be success this season and provide the cutting-edge play in the final third that kuyt drained from us last season.

gerrard             aquilani/lucas

jovanovic/maxi      cole/aquilani       babel/jovanovic

torres
we've only won it 5 times
PabloAimar

Postby Scottbot » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:51 am

Early impressions are that he has quick feet in traffic, is quite an intelligent player who will fit into a team that looks to get it simple and play the ball quickly. Time will tell though.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:57 am

We'll see if he can produce an end product frequently enough, all very well having pace, dribbling skills etc, although the claims about crosses will only make a difference if/when he gets a number of assists as a cross. The "ability to beat a defender" isn't the be all and end all, it's what he does with it after that and the two things that count most are sticking the ball in the back of the net or creating a chance that ends up with the ball in the back of the net.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PabloAimar » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:45 am

Owzat wrote:We'll see if he can produce an end product frequently enough, all very well having pace, dribbling skills etc, although the claims about crosses will only make a difference if/when he gets a number of assists as a cross. The "ability to beat a defender" isn't the be all and end all, it's what he does with it after that and the two things that count most are sticking the ball in the back of the net or creating a chance that ends up with the ball in the back of the net.

Thanks for stating the obvious there. You did a sufficient job in playing down his obvious qualities, thus indirectly declaring your undying loyalty to your beloved kuyt and his "worth to the team"
we've only won it 5 times
PabloAimar

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:10 pm

Kuyt has proved his worth to the team over 4 years - jovanovic has had two good pre season games - let's not be hyperboling too early now .
Benny The Noon

Postby Tim LFC » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:17 pm

One run the lad did he reminded me off Messi not in the same quality but the speed he ran with his left foot dribbling around the players and then pulling off a shot, very similar to Messi. Early days of course but i liked what i've seen of him, and for free seems like a good signing.
Tim LFC

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion