Milan baros - The jury's out

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kazza » Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:35 pm

I agree with most of what is said. He is too selfish but I think he wants to impress. I just wanted to add that in the second half, Garcia wasted an effort (from frustration) when Baros was free across goal. I really feel had Baros passed on those one-twos with Garcia from the first half, Garcia would have returned the favour (you know I won't pass to you because you won't pass to me). Selfish play can be contageous. Let's hope the fans don't foot the bill.

Sadly we haven't seen a Liverpool side with spirit for a while. I will accept no silverware but they must have spirit.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:43 pm

addicted norwegian wrote:I think that the comparison with Owen is a bit unfair; Owen is in another division no doubt about that

that's my point. there is no comparison. if you get rid of a proven player like michael owen you have to replace him with someone who is equally as good or better.

put it this way. would baros get into the starting line up of any of the top six? ???
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:45 pm

stmichael wrote:
addicted norwegian wrote:I think that the comparison with Owen is a bit unfair; Owen is in another division no doubt about that

that's my point. there is no comparison. if you get rid of a proven player like michael owen you have to replace him with someone who is equally as good or better.

put it this way. would baros get into the starting line up of any of the top six? ???

Following Wayne Rooneys imminent sale for £25m following his display in the Euros's, my opinion is that if Milan was up for sale, big clubs would be in and Man U Chelski and Arsenal would buy and play him.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:43 pm

Baros looked good in the Euro games because he had Nedved looking after his supply lines. Very much along the line of how it used to be with Gerrard and Owen. I think it was RAFA's plan on Sunday to focus Gerrard onto Baros, however Stevie G. had too much to cope with two new mates in midfield and a very energetic Bolton midfield and the plan failed. Baros needs a supply man, perhaps Alonso will latch on to him. ???
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby L-type » Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:11 pm

I'm sure that this one statement will answer half of all topics on this forum: GIVE IT TIME
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:20 pm

And it's my thoughts too..stop slagging off Baros and give the manager time to mould the players into a team.Comparisons with any players that have left is totally futile,particularly as just about everyone wanted Heskey off-loaded and Owen was giving off the body language of a player desperate to get away for the last 2 years.
         St.Milan will be joining the forum next season!
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby stapo1000 » Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:54 am

stmichael wrote:Well it was the most obvious thing to come from the defeat to Bolton...

On many occasions Milan Baros was given the ball in a 1-2 situation and in each time instead of giving the ball back he took 1 or 2 touches himself and either lost it or tried a shot which was blocked. The frustration of Garcia and Cisse was VERY evident, with all the arm gestures and shouting...

...But Baros seemed to not take any notice, almost in a "I'll do it my way" attitude.

This also became apparent when Baros had a header from a good cross on the right. The Commentators rightly pointed out that when Baros headed over not only did he not look too bothered again but also didn't seem to express any disappointment in his failings... it was summed up like this:

Baros appeared to have the attitude of "If i score everyone will be happy with me and if i don't at least I can say i had an effort..." but the fact is he should be thumping the ground and trying to think of how he could do better next time, instead of doing nothing.

OK Baros runs a lot, has a lot of dangerous attributes but ffs, i'd rather have Heskey doing the running because at least he would pass to another striker.

It comes down to passion and brains. Baros seems to have very little passion for LFC, more of a passion for his own glory and his footballing brain is one of the most basic kind.

This is not a slagging match at Baros, i am not saying he should be sold/dropped but I am saying that there is an obvious problem that needs addressing, hopefully all parties involved will do the right thing.

I felt sorry for Garcia on Sunday, he looked too good for Baros, he looked frustrated of how poor Baros's link-up play was. Garcia was probably the best player on the pitch as even Stevie G was poor. Hopefully we will improve these areas of concern.

This made it even more obvious that we need another striker before the deadline but this doesn't seem likely at the moment.

:(  :(  :(

I agree and think that baros should not run with the ball as nuch too. His dribbling is a liability and lets him down too often. Even for gerrards goal vs. city he set up the goal with a stroke of luck ie. the ball got tangled up in his feet and somehow fell for gerrard. the goals he score generally involve him running onto a pass taking a touch and then shooting or simply shooting first time.In euro 04 all of his goals were scored in this way. i hope Baros will come good this season cos if he plays the way he should he is a class act
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:04 am

I think Baros seem to be on a personal mission trying too hard to score and prove that he can fill in Owen's boots for Liverpool.

He does tend to be over sellfish and take shots when it was better for him to pass to a better placed team-mate. Also he does a lot of running and tries to do way too much and ends up losing the ball.

Perhaps he needs some counseling by his coaches and also, we have not played to his strengths so Liverpool also needs to give him some more quality service. It is a two way thing and it is not fair to simply blame Baros alone for the defeat at Bolton.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:06 am

azriahmad wrote:I think Baros seem to be on a personal mission trying too hard to score and prove that he can fill in Owen's boots for Liverpool.

He does tend to be over sellfish and take shots when it was better for him to pass to a better placed team-mate. Also he does a lot of running and tries to do way too much and ends up losing the ball.

Perhaps he needs some counseling by his coaches and also, we have not played to his strengths so Liverpool also needs to give him some more quality service. It is a two way thing and it is not fair to simply blame Baros alone for the defeat at Bolton.

I agree, I am sure Rafa has pointed that out to Baros. Rafa said that he watches tapes of the opponents that we have to face, he probably watches tapes of our games to see what we need to work on.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby azriahmad » Wed Sep 01, 2004 4:32 am

For his and Liverpool's sake, i hope baros can deliver the goods for us. He is talented but perhaps a wee bit lacking in strength to brute it out with the EPL defenders. Take an alternative approach, perhaps?

BTW, I read a thread somewhere that someone commented that A.B. has posted over 740 times in one month. I see nothing wrong in that and I wish I could do that...I have only reached 750 in 1 year. So what if A.B. has a passion for posting to this forum, as long as it is not rubbish or abusive. I have joined at least 2 other LFC forums but this is the one I keep coming back to - best group of fans in voicing out their views.

Good on you, A.B., if you find that posting to this forum interesting. I do.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby L-type » Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:12 am

I found this posted by a fan on soccernet.com and i quote "Baros: Is a very selfish player who doesn't bring others into the game
well. He can be a huge assets coming in off the bench or getting the odd
start to give the others a rest."   This statement was made before the season even began.  I can't stress enough how much time will either make or break Baros. So in other words be patient. 

http://proxy.espn.go.com/et....cc=5901
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby desperado0831 » Wed Sep 01, 2004 6:57 am

it's really blunder for me when see what exactly milan baros can brings us near the triumph but within the bolton defeat,i can say i really miss owen and he'd show good debut games against real mallorca with 1 assist to made up the ronaldo's winner.

compare with milan baros,luis garcia will be another impact that really expected by arsenal for jose antonio reyes and reyes so far done the job extremely good...

bad formattion and team structure been constructed by rafa in the reebok stadium because stevie and xabi seems like don't know each other at all and all the passes really dumped within 3 short passes. we haven't keep the ball possesion hard and that's why jay jay could 'dance and tune' between our defender as his likes. Learn it...rafa
Reds is the sacred colour before this world was born.

desperado0831

Postby Shanti » Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:06 am

desperado0831 wrote:,i can say i really miss owen

then go support real madrid
LOVE
SHANTI WULANSARI
Shanti

Postby kazza » Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:19 am

Shanti wrote:
desperado0831 wrote:,i can say i really miss owen

then go support real madrid

Well said.

Hasta La Vista, baby
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:11 pm

st mike, how can you blame baros for sundays defeat. Cisse and garcia were just as bad, infact i really cant beleive how many people were prasing garcia's performance he had a bad game and probably deserved to replaced not warnock.

Baros just needs some time for christs sake, this is the first time he has ever had a decent run of games in the side before, him as cisse just need a few games to "click".
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion