Milan baros - Deserves a chance to be first choice?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Jun 20, 2004 10:03 pm

No note book, just memory. Being a reasonably intelligent person i have one of these. :D

I'm not one for stats. The only stats i truely care about are goals. Not possession, shots on target, clear cut chances. Just goals.

Its not hard remembering how many goals our players score.

Murphy's over the last 4 seasons for you Hustler...

10, 10, 13, 7.... You're a better player than him thought aren't you. :D

Top 5 scorer's in the in treble season...

Owen... 24
Heskey... 22
Fowler... 17
Murphy... 10
Gerrard... 10
115-1073096938

Postby jack66 » Sun Jun 20, 2004 10:06 pm

great pic hustler....lmao..:laugh: :laugh:
jack66

Postby supersub » Mon Jun 21, 2004 12:08 am

stu_the_red wrote:No note book, just memory. Being a reasonably intelligent person i have one of these. :D

I'm not one for stats. The only stats i truely care about are goals. Not possession, shots on target, clear cut chances. Just goals.

Not like your mentor then,Gerard Houllier,who kept stats on corners,shots,injuries,sweaty socks
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby azriahmad » Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:43 am

Quote (Supersub @ June 21 2004,00:08)
Not like your mentor then,Gerard Houllier,who kept stats on corners,shots,injuries,sweaty socks

Good one, Supersub. I can't stop laughing after reading your thread above. It reminds me to a course that I went a few weeks ago, conducted by an Economics-trained person and he said, "economists use statistics to distort people's view of things and highlight our point of view".

Houllier must have taken a leaf out of this practice to cloud the fact that goal for and goals against are far more telling than shots/attempts at goal, which can be absurdly high if you include those that miss the target but still classified as attempts. he was wise to the fact that there were not many goals for to boast about...
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby begintoend » Mon Jun 21, 2004 5:43 am

stu_the_red wrote:No note book, just memory. Being a reasonably intelligent person i have one of these. :D

>
>
Top 5 scorer's in the in treble season...

Owen... 24
Heskey... 22

I just dun understand you STU, "you are not for stats?" you are the one always flashing those stats! You are for goals? Where's Owen's goals?
Sven is having a predicament having to drop Owen.
He claims: " A striker not able to produce goals will not look good for a team. "
Owen is past that greatness. His performance with England now sums up what he has done for the past season. Owen is declining in form, speed, instinct and control.
Man, if Owen played as well as Baros, he'll be scoring goals. Not running around.
If Baros has not have a good first touch, Owen would have 2 left feet!
If Baros is not a good striker, how does he get 2 goals. While Owen has not even tried to get one!
What Owen is producing now in Euro is CURRENT. Do not dwell on his past if he cannot achieve now and future!
Getting a goal for Owen should be easier, and blaming on how bad england provided for him is just nonsense. Rooney scored..
So apart from scoring a goal or 2, Owen still needs to re-discover what he had lost to regain that prolific profile.

So for now, the main LFC man in Milan Baros. As for goals, even Smicer goes 1 up against Owen.  :p
begintoend
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:38 am

[CODE]I just dun understand you STU, "you are not for stats?" you are the one always flashing those stats! You are for goals? Where's Owen's goals?[quote]

47 goals in the last two seasons for Liverpool.

92 games, five as a sub. Good strike record. Bad form and injuries have prevented him reaching his best, however these stats show he's still a class act.

You're saying Owen's ****** because he hasn't scored at the Euro's yet.... well what about Raul... Vieri... Henry...

Do us a favour lad, GET REAL!!!
115-1073096938

Postby begintoend » Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:54 am

My humble reply....

Raul, just as crappy. And thus, Spain's out!
Vieri, he's having a nightmare.
Henry, trying too hard to impress.
Totti, more saliva than skill for now.
Pauletta, why is he 1st choice?

The above have failed their standards and yet to reach the standard needed.

:;):
begintoend
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby blind » Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:05 am

begintoend wrote:My humble reply....

Raul, just as crappy. And thus, Spain's out!
Vieri, he's having a nightmare.
Henry, trying too hard to impress.
Totti, more saliva than skill for now.
Pauletta, why is he 1st choice?

The above have failed their standards and yet to reach the standard needed.

:;):

i agree with you on that one as Vieri and Tottie are going home soon with the rest of the Italians. the dutch are going as well and spain have gone.

Stikers in general are having a mare but Although some of them have failed to hit the back of the net i.e. Henry.
they have played well Owen has done neither in my eyes exept set up Rooneys goal he has been as influential as Heskey.
http://www.footballbadgers.com

My eyes are blind but I can see, The snowflakes glisten on the tree(s) The sun no longer sets me free I feel the snowflakes freezing me.

BS vol 4
blind
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zardd » Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:42 pm

Owen not what he used to be...
he lost his pace, running at defenders is 1-dimensional, doesn't appear to want to attack & dribble past defenders....etc
Hope he can get back to his best form soon both for LFC & england.
zardd

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:58 pm

FORM is temporary CLASS is permanent.

Owen has ability and class. Anyone can go through a bad sepll no matter how talented.

Any fool who can't see Owen has ability is exactly that. A FOOL.

Only an idiot would write class of because of a lack of form.
115-1073096938

Postby simic_ie » Mon Jun 21, 2004 5:03 pm

For Chrissakes people the man has not gone htat ****** over night. I mean he is quality. He is having a nightmare so far but he is not a Wayne Rooney type of footballer, Rooney drops deeper and uses his strength to run at people... very much like Milan Baros. Michael Owen is a 12 yard kind of player who plays up top, give him the service and he will score. As for the horsesgite that he doesn't work for the team... the man makes runs non=stop and is one of the most intelligent footballers in the world.. he jsut doesn't have plaers good enough around him for club or country to exploit this
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Mon Jun 21, 2004 5:07 pm

In a short tournament like this, form is paramount. Just go ask Raul and co...

...sad fact but something is just not right for Owen at the moment. Perhaps too preoccupied with looking for a new club?
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Jun 21, 2004 5:08 pm

Owen has been a disappointment but he hasn't performed any worse than many of the other big name strikers.He's one of ours, get off his back he will come good. Has it occured to you that Owens presence has given Rooney the chance to shine? .
Mikey will come good again........show some belief you B'stards

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ICE-MAN » Mon Jun 21, 2004 5:17 pm

agree with u there woof, just another chance for all short sighted jump on the bandwagon people to have a go at one of our own!
michael owen is a bit short on cnfidence i agree but still a worldclass striker and its unfair to compare him to rooney as they are 2 different types of strikers!

CISSE, OWEN, BAROS === ALL PURE QUALITY! :cool:
ICE-MAN

Postby Santa » Mon Jun 21, 2004 5:24 pm

He isn't top class. His decisions on when to hold the ball up and when to keep moves flowing aren't good. Infact sometimes he can be extremely frustrating to watch. His first touch is very erratic even when he's on top of his game and he plays with his head down. His defensive play is poor aswell and he has a tendancy to run down blind ally's alot. He'll never be in Owen's class. He is however a very good player and one we should keep at anfield.

Baros was at the centre of ALL 5 goals scored by the Czech, slightly better than Owen don't you think? Fact is, a winning team cannot afford to have a pedestrian, especially if he is a key member of the squad. But I do agree the services provided to Owen has been poor, however, it has been a long while since I witness Owen create a goal out of thin air. Another poor game tonight will surely see Owen being dropped from the team...
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion