MIDFIELD - a concern or not?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:40 pm

stmichael » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:19 pm wrote:The pressing was the difference from the very start. Great to see.

absolutely, thats what needed to happen today and it was executed well. we got under their skin from the off and they couldnt cope. delighted also that we had the stamina to keep it up for 90mins.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:40 pm

stmichael » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:19 pm wrote:The pressing was the difference from the very start. Great to see.

absolutely, thats what needed to happen today and it was executed well. we got under their skin from the off and they couldnt cope. delighted also that we had the stamina to keep it up for 90mins.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:38 pm

I still believe we can't let this paper over the cracks.

Make no mistake, Spurs were woeful today. Absolutely woeful!

They couldn't string passes together when they had time. We probably would have beaten them with 10 men (providing one of the ten was Luis).

However, you can only beat what's infront of you, today, we done that emphatically. Superb run of form we're on at the moment! Goals galore.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:43 am

Stu the Red » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:38 pm wrote:I still believe we can't let this paper over the cracks.

They couldn't string passes together when they had time. We probably would have beaten them with 10 men (providing one of the ten was Luis).

However, you can only beat what's infront of you, today, we done that emphatically. Superb run of form we're on at the moment! Goals galore.

:laugh:

Oh f*ck off Stu ,Spudz weren't afforded the time to be anything more than ordinary ,the energy of our team was the catalyst for some brilliant passages
of play,we mullered  the  Cockney fuckerz. High tempo ,progressive football ,and every player knew their respective role.

Its like the looming shadow of Gerrard's shadow was lifted and we worked as a solid cohesive unit , we ran for 90 plus minutes and afforded the second
half the same intensity as the first ..... something that's been missing all season imo.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:55 am

Stu the Red » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:38 pm wrote:I still believe we can't let this paper over the cracks.

Tad amazed at your assessment of Spurs. I said in the match thread that nobody should suggest that Spurs were shight because lets get it straight we made them look shight - END OF !!!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:59 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:43 am wrote:

Oh f*ck off Stu ,Spudz weren't afforded the time to be anything more than ordinary ,the energy of our team was the catalyst for some brilliant passages
of play,we mullered  the  Cockney fuckerz. High tempo ,progressive football ,and every player knew their respective role.

Its like the looming shadow of Gerrard's shadow was lifted and we worked as a solid cohesive unit , we ran for 90 plus minutes and afforded the second
half the same intensity as the first ..... something that's been missing all season imo.

So what exactly are you implying?

Spurs were woeful today and tactically inept. Lucas couldn't even manage a decent performance in a match we dominated in. The lads going through an abysmal run of form this season. Way below his usual average standards.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:48 am

Stu the Red » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:59 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:43 am wrote:

So what exactly are you implying?

Spurs were woeful today and tactically inept. Lucas couldn't even manage a decent performance in a match we dominated in. The lads going through an abysmal run of form this season. Way below his usual average standards.

You couldn't be more disingenuous if you assisted in penning those saccharine soaked  Mandela epitaphs  :D ....At the very least I thought you
were man enough to admit we were significantly better without Gerrard's propensity to ignore Rodgers footballing philosophies and consistently
do his own thing.

We looked so much more like a team when players carried out the managers instructions to the letter......You will eventually  look decidedly silly
Stu if you don't open those eyes lad ,seriously are your eye lids stapled down kid ?  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:23 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:48 am wrote:
You couldn't be more disingenuous if you assisted in penning those saccharine soaked  Mandela epitaphs  :D ....At the very least I thought you
were man enough to admit we were significantly better without Gerrard's propensity to ignore Rodgers footballing philosophies and consistently
do his own thing.

We looked so much more like a team when players carried out the managers instructions to the letter......You will eventually  look decidedly silly
Stu if you don't open those eyes lad ,seriously are your eye lids stapled down kid ?  :D

You're really basing that on one away performance?

Its quite funny really, because I knew you'd go down the "look what we can do without Gerrard route". As predictable as you are wrong.

Your reaction would have no doubt been very different had I pointed to that performance as an indicator to my arguement earlier in the season about Sturridge not being as good as people made out.

Or does that arguement only apply to Gerrard because it suits your vendetta?

If you think Lucas played well today mate, you're clueless. Simple as that. He was poor at best, the ball rolled under his foot two times for christs sake, not to mention the sloppy passes and two hospital balls he played to Allen and Sterling! He looked like he was lacking match fitness to be perfectly honest and to suggest that Gerrard would have disrupted that performance had he played instead is quite frankly ridiculous. Lucas added next to nothing to todays game. Partially through not really needing to as Spurs were that bad they couldn't get passed Coutinho, Suarez, Sterling, Henderson and Allen... and partially because of a lack of ability to do anything other than pass a ball square and throw in the odd tackle (which he failed to do today).

What's really funny, is you accuse me of being blinkered towards one of our best ever players, yet you're even more (quite strangely I may add) besotted with a player who quite frankly, has performed well below average since his arrival four years ago and brings very little to the table with the exception of probably five or six games a season where he wins a good few tackles in a game and covers a bit of ground.

Bizarre to say the least.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:42 am

devaney » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:55 am wrote:

Tad amazed at your assessment of Spurs. I said in the match thread that nobody should suggest that Spurs were shight because lets get it straight we made them look shight - END OF !!!

Really?

You have to be joking surely?

Lads who are good international standard players were giving the ball away for fun when they weren't under pressure and were mis-controlling basic passes, others were standing still when the had the ball.

Quite frankly, if I was a Spurs fan I'd want my money back as the lack of effort from them and the lack of quality was absolutely embarrassing. That was one of the worst performances I've ever seen from a premier league side. Infact, I'm struggling to think of any worse than that.

We played very well, no question, we pressed and harried brilliantly, but to suggest that we "made spurs" look bad is a strange statement. If anything, I'd say they made us look alot better than we are.

Some of the defending, shape and basic organisation today was absolutely amateurish from them. I've never seen a premier league opened up so easily. Liverpool didn't have to work hard for any of the goals today, the only one which had anything like any real quality to it was Suarez's first, maybe if you're being kind you could say Sterlings... and even they could have been avoided with any sort of normal standard defending. Liverpool were opening Spurs up time and time again with three passes, sometimes two. You can't tell me that's down to the "quality of passes" we're playing or out "outstanding pressing game".

I'm made up with the performance, thought we really did play well, but we can only beat what's in front of us, and today, that was a woeful, woeful side.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:07 am

Stu the Red » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:23 am wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:48 am wrote:
do his own thing.

Or does that arguement only apply to Gerrard because it suits your vendetta?

I think you mean agenda ,you miserable fucker ....I mean it really comes to something when a supporter of the same team demeans
the teams performance with a few choice Bennyisms , Such as 'Covering over the cracks '  :D

Anyway, with Gerrard out of the side ,times on our side ,and if they can build on that performance then you had best give Benny a bell to
lend a few pearls ,because you're going to need them lad.  :wwww
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:14 am

Stu the Red » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:42 am wrote:
Quite frankly, if I was a Spurs fan I'd want my money back as the lack of effort from them and the lack of quality was absolutely embarrassing. That was one of the worst performances I've ever seen from a premier league side. Infact, I'm struggling to think of any worse than that.

We played very well, no question, we pressed and harried brilliantly, but to suggest that we "made spurs" look bad is a strange statement. If anything, I'd say they made us look alot better than we are.

You constantly contradict yourself lad ,if Spurs were so abject ,why the f*ck would Liverpool need to Harry brilliantly ?  :laugh: Get an igloo eh ?
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:13 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:14 am wrote:

You constantly contradict yourself lad ,if Spurs were so abject ,why the f*ck would Liverpool need to Harry brilliantly ?  :laugh: Get an igloo eh ?

stu the red........head firmly buried up his a**e :laugh:
Attachments
head_up_ass.jpg
head_up_ass.jpg (17.22 KiB) Viewed 1004 times
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:31 am

devaney » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:55 am wrote:

Really?

You have to be joking surely?

Lads who are good international standard players were giving the ball away for fun when they weren't under pressure and were mis-controlling basic passes, others were standing still when the had the ball.

Some of the defending, shape and basic organisation today was absolutely amateurish from them. I've never seen a premier league opened up so easily. Liverpool didn't have to work hard for any of the goals today, the only one which had anything like any real quality to it was Suarez's first, maybe if you're being kind you could say Sterlings... and even they could have been avoided with any sort of normal standard defending. Liverpool were opening Spurs up time and time again with three passes, sometimes two. You can't tell me that's down to the "quality of passes" we're playing or out "outstanding pressing game".

I'm made up with the performance, thought we really did play well, but we can only beat what's in front of us, and today, that was a woeful, woeful side.

We didn't have to work hard for any of the goals?

Are you kidding me?

The first goal was the definition of hard work. Henderson single handedly made that goal through refusing to give up the chance, Suarez didn't have a tap in from it either.

That 5-0 win was only made possible because of the effort we put in. Constant pressure and solid defending when we were off the ball, slick passing and old school Liverpool possession when we were on the ball.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:05 pm

SouthCoastShankly » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:31 am wrote:We didn't have to work hard for any of the goals?

Are you kidding me?

The first goal was the definition of hard work. Henderson single handedly made that goal through refusing to give up the chance, Suarez didn't have a tap in from it either.

That 5-0 win was only made possible because of the effort we put in. Constant pressure and solid defending when we were off the ball, slick passing and old school Liverpool possession when we were on the ball.

Just to define that because you've clearly misunderstood.

When I say work hard, I don't mean we have to run lots and lots and never stop. I'm on about quality, I understand not many people see genuine quality and can't take the other team into account... I understand that most are blinkered towards their own team, but believe it or not, the other teams have players playing for them also who are there to do a job.

The quality of Spurs defending was a joke. Quite frankly it was amateurish. The shape of the team and lack of cohesion and communication as well as any structure was absolutely shocking if truth be told. Had that level of organisation been at conference level, you would have had alot of unhappy players who would be getting a weeks wage taken off them and they probably wouldn't have had money for food. Had Spurs played like that against any other premier league side yesterday, they would have lost. Plain and simple, they were a disgrace. Organisation is something no premier league side should lack.

They come up against a good side and got absolutely trounced. It could have been eight.

Liverpool were at their best, Spurs were at their worst.

None of those goals would have been scored against a side that was organised. The quality of the goals was poor from a defensive point of view, anyone that can't see that doesn't know what they're talking about.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:27 pm

Yesterday Liverpool denied Spurs the space to play their usual passing game ,and only afforded them room enough to make mistakes.
Henderson ,Lucas ,and Allen were the first to every ball and they showed a zeal that reflected the entire performance ....Rodgers is
an intelligent man ,and the way the team passed the ball so succinctly and effortlessly around the pitch will not have gone unnoticed.

Liverpool looked as good as they did in the latter half of last season when they opened teams up with such contemptible ease,they
bullied the fuck  out of that Spurs side Boas sent out ,the same side that were hardly quiet in their public boasts of superiority
before the game .

Walker and co left that field demoralised ,you could see it on their respective faces,we played football that they couldn't live with ,we
had players they couldn't handle ,and practically every player was in tune with each other and driven towards achieving the one primary
objective .....To win and win convincingly.

Marker laid ,and long may that kind of pride and fight for the shirt continue  :buttrock

YNWA
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion