Michael shields coming home - Rest of sentence to be served in uk

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ivor_the_injun » Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:46 pm

From FoxSports...

Shields finally allowed home

A Liverpool football fan "wrongly" jailed in Bulgaria has been granted permission to serve the rest of his sentence in the UK.

Michael Shields is serving 10 years for the attempted murder of a barman during a brawl in the Black Sea resort of Golden Sands last May.

The 20-year-old student, who was there to watch Liverpool FC win the Champions' League final in neighbouring Turkey, has always denied any involvement.

He was sentenced to 15 years, reduced to 10 on appeal, and fined £90,000.

The Bulgarian authorities refused to release him to a UK prison until the fine was paid, which his family were only recently been able to do.

A Foreign Office spokesman confirmed today that the Bulgarian authorities have now authorised the transfer.

He added: "We will now be making arrangements for the transfer of Michael Shields to a UK prison."

Mr Shields' family, who insist he is innocent, welcomed the decision.

His uncle, Joey Shields, said: "We will not be happy until Michael's name has been cleared, but of course it is good news that he is coming back to this country, even if it is to a prison.

"We just hope the experience of 18 months in a Bulgarian prison has not been too much for him. He could be in pieces."

It is understood the transfer may take place within the next fortnight, but the Home Office said the exact date will not be revealed.
ivor_the_injun

Postby RichardLFC1 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:07 pm

Just heared that on the Radio. Although its goed that he isnt in there shitty country it still doesnt justify that he was and still inprisoned for a crime which he is adamant he never comitted

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby alessandromagno » Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:38 pm

Who knows if a Bulgarian prison is any worse than  a British prison? Still, at least his family will be nearer.
Last edited by alessandromagno on Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ALESSANDRO
alessandromagno
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matrix » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:19 pm

great news for michael shields to be coming home,  even if it is a british prison...

everybody and there dog knows michael isn't guilty so i would expect he will be moved to one of our better prison's...   but until he is freed,  only then can his family celebrate...

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:29 pm

Well I'm from HK so not like it concerns me but I think its so gay how he didnt do nothing and hes in bulgaria locked up fookin stoopid.
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby CardinalRed » Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:40 pm

The case will be subject to review once he get's home and Michael could secure a release upon appeal while he is vindicated and cleared.....
Good luck Michael, you haven't deserved the sh*tty way our Government's dragged it's feet, they should be ashamed of the way they've dealt with the case.....

:cool:
CardinalRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jkop » Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:56 pm

matrix wrote:great news for michael shields to be coming home,  even if it is a british prison...

everybody and there dog knows michael isn't guilty so i would expect he will be moved to one of our better prison's...   but until he is freed,  only then can his family celebrate...

Well said Matrix. :nod
Were not Brazil were Norn Iron.
          Faugh a Ballagh.
                YNWA
        Healy......Healy !!!!!
jkop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:55 pm

:bump

he should be arriving in england today (according to bbc news)

matrix summed it up quite well above
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:14 pm

8 o clock and then to a prison in london until he is placed,

should be an open as the lad is innocent, well said matrix
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:30 am

Well seeing as that Bitter tw*t Graham Sankey admitted it was him that did it, and NOT Michael Shields, surely the door is now open for tha c*nt to get sent down and Shields released?

Come on Blair, you useless w*nker - sort it out.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:58 am

That old dead fool Lord Longford campaigned for years for multiple child killer Myra Hindley to be freed.

Did any life peers campaign for Michael Shields?

china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:25 pm

michael has now been moved to hindley near wigan, much closer to home for his visits.

i know hindley very well, my stepdad retired from there this year after being a prison officer there for the last 28 years. its not the nicest place in the world to be fair, he should be in an open prison, or just released and two fingers should be flung at the bulgarians, what can they do about it now?
112-1077774096

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:01 pm

peewee wrote:michael has now been moved to hindley near wigan, much closer to home for his visits.

i know hindley very well, my stepdad retired from there this year after being a prison officer there for the last 28 years. its not the nicest place in the world to be fair, he should be in an open prison, or just released and two fingers should be flung at the bulgarians, what can they do about it now?

He'll probably be released on the quiet.

The records and what not will say he's there, but in reality, he's probably at home now.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby almathea » Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:59 pm

i'm not very sure that this is a very good idea but i must say it because i have a duty to my country...yes i'm from bulgaria and i know i'm taking a  great risk by admiting it because all your anger will come down to me now, you're talking about things you don't know! my country may be is poor but surtanly not shitty!!! i live in hell where everything is upside down. there is no goverment here, the criminals are ruling this country, the ministry of justice doesn't deserve it's name and to be honest i'm really surprised to here this good news that michael is coming home! i admire you. you fought for your cause and you've won! in my world this couldn't happen! my people don't deserve to be insulted like this! beleive me or not but there are people here who beleive that michael is innocent. i beleive.
if you are first you are first if you are second you are nothing
almathea

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:03 pm

almathea wrote:i'm not very sure that this is a very good idea but i must say it because i have a duty to my country...yes i'm from bulgaria and i know i'm taking a  great risk by admiting it because all your anger will come down to me now, you're talking about things you don't know! my country may be is poor but surtanly not shitty!!! i live in hell where everything is upside down. there is no goverment here, the criminals are ruling this country, the ministry of justice doesn't deserve it's name and to be honest i'm really surprised to here this good news that michael is coming home! i admire you. you fought for your cause and you've won! in my world this couldn't happen! my people don't deserve to be insulted like this! beleive me or not but there are people here who beleive that michael is innocent. i beleive.

we are not that narrow minded to think all bulgarians are bad alma, just the corupt ones who dealt with this case, and the greedy compensation culture that appeared to send michael home.

we do not forget that a bulgarian was actually hurt in a fight, we know its not just a pretend offence, but we object to the fact that  the wrong man was sent to prison.
112-1077774096

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion