Michael shields coming home - Rest of sentence to be served in uk

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby almathea » Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:10 pm

now this is a different thing. thank you. may be as the only one from bulgaria i should make an excuse to you. as you probably know we have the same problem with our medecs in libia...so i undersand you.
if you are first you are first if you are second you are nothing
almathea

Postby 67-1161385641 » Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:12 pm

He's lost a year and half of his life, I'd sue if I was him. This judiciary system is :censored: usless.
67-1161385641

Postby almathea » Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:17 pm

abuot the judiciary system- tell me about it!!! imagine now to be born in this country! i mean i love my country but i really hate the goverment!
if you are first you are first if you are second you are nothing
almathea

Postby Rafa D » Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:46 pm

One of the lads who comes to the games with us, went down a few weeks ago for having a fight on a train. He got 6 months in the same place as Micheal and although he is in a different part of the jail, he bumps into him in the gym.

He said a lot of lads have asked him if he did it and he keeps saying no, and most of the lads in there believe him. He is not getting any stick in there and is having a laugh with the other lads.

Must be horrible to be in there, but at least he is not getting singled out or anything.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby peterc1992 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:08 am

great news:D
emlyn hughes:"liverpool are magic,everton are tragic"
peterc1992
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shanks72 » Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:01 pm

Terrific news that he's being sent home....a great relief to all I would think...esp. his family.
Even if he is in a prison over here at least they can visit him with relative ease.

He was made the fall guy to make the Bulgarian authorities look good.....I think.

Hope justice will be done and that he will be a free man asap.

And like it has been said already.....surely he should get compensation from someone.
Image Image

REST IN PEACE DRUMMERPHIL, YNWA

underneath are the everlasting arms
deuteronomy 33:27
shanks72
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Thu May 03, 2007 6:14 pm

Spare a thought for this lad tonight as well...

Euro judges reject Shields appeal

European judges have rejected an appeal by jailed Liverpool fan Michael Shields over his attempted murder conviction.
The 20-year-old was jailed in Bulgaria for attacking a barman in May 2005 - a crime he insists he did not commit.

Shields' sentence was reduced to 10 years on appeal, and he was moved to the UK prison system in 2006.

His lawyers appealed to the European Court of Human Rights on the grounds his rights were violated during the trial, but the appeal was rejected.

Shields, from Edge Hill, Liverpool, was transferred to the HMP Hindley in Wigan, Greater Manchester, in November after a £90,000 fine was paid.

We're all devastated... it's difficult to talk about it, because we feel so low right now
Michael Shields senior 

He was told the news in the prison just hours after he watched Liverpool beat Chelsea to reach the Champions League final.

His father, Michael Shields, said: "Michael was really excited about Liverpool winning, and he was hoping Manchester United would get through to the final as well.

"Then he was told his appeal had been rejected and he's just heartbroken.

"We're all devastated. It's difficult to talk about it, because we feel so low right now."

Mr Shields said the family would continue fighting to clear his son's name, but admitted he did not know if there were any avenues left to go down. 

Arlene McCarthy, Euro MP for Liverpool, said she was disappointed by the court's decision not to hear the appeal.

She said: "I am in continuous discussions with the Bulgarian authorities to ensure we get justice for Michael, and we will continue to fight on behalf of him and his family."

Mrs McCarthy plans to meet with the Shields family and legal advisors on Friday to help plan the next stage in the legal battle.

Shields was jailed for the attempted murder of barman Martin Georgiev, who had a paving slab dropped on his head in the Black Sea resort of Varna in May 2005.

He been holidaying in Bulgaria after travelling from neighbouring Turkey, where he had watched on TV as his team beat AC Milan in the Champions League final.

Shields has always protested his innocence and told the court he was asleep at the time of the incident.

F.ucking shambles this!  :no

Keep your chin up Michael lad. One day, justice will eat its own head and free you from this nightmare.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Owzat » Thu May 03, 2007 8:36 pm

I can't believe the English government are so powerless as to not get this investigated properly. Well saying that it has been investigated properly but not by Bulgarian police.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kunilson » Thu May 03, 2007 9:18 pm

poor guy.....there's a petition goin around so sign it

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/MichaelCShields/

hopefully he will get justice one day...
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby Aaron » Thu May 03, 2007 10:29 pm

SCUM!!!SCUM
City 'till I Die
Aaron

Postby The Manhattan Project » Fri May 04, 2007 1:50 am

Fook the "European" courts.

In principle, as a sovereign nation, we should not even be subject to their rulings.

Michael Shields is home, that's all that matters.

Myra Hindley was a fookin' child killer and she got more support than this dude has.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matrix » Fri May 04, 2007 4:38 am

its a shame for the lad    i hope something can still be done...   justice...   put yourself in his shoes for 24 hours   honestly its scary...   ???

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:43 pm

Just had one of them automated 'responses' from the government concerning the petition in light of new evidence:

Copouts all round then! - the poor lad looks doomed to serve out the full sentence.  :no  Someone's not sleeping very well these days, eh.

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums....807.jpg

The text in the email reads:

Micahelshields - epetition reply1 August 2007

We received a petition asking:

"We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to Free Michael Shields."

Details of Petition:

"Michael Shields is currently serving time in a British prison for something he didn't do.He was accused of attacking a man after the champions league final in Bulgaria,of which he was sleeping when the man was attacked.The real offender actually said himself that he committed the crime,and yet,Michael is still serving time! So free our Michael!

Read the petition
Petitions home page
Read the Government's responseThank you for the petition about the new evidence in the Michael Shields case.

"Since the incident in May 2005 the Foreign and Commonwealth office has provided Mr Shields and his family with all appropriate consular assistance during their time in Bulgaria. As you know, we cannot interfere in the judicial affairs of another state as they cannot interfere in our own. However the FCO has helped to facilitate the transfer agreement with the Bulgarian authorities to allow Michael to serve the remainder of the sentence in a UK facility".

"The FCO appreciates the concern over Mr Shields' conviction, but there is little more they can do to assist. As far as the Bulgarian authorities are concerned the case is closed and all appeal processes exhausted. The FCO is aware that Mr Shields' legal team made an approach to the European Court of Human Rights, but that this also failed. Given the European Court's ruling that the Bulgarian courts had not violated the European Convention on Human Rights by refusing to admit any further evidence after the trial had started, the FCO sees no grounds for their intervention. It is now for Mr Shields' legal team to decide on how to take his case forward".

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby destro » Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:44 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
destro wrote:
brad paisley wrote:justice? ???? hope he rots in jail. he is guilty and courts found in guilty, END OF..... same old scousers murder someone or do a crime blame the police,others etc...... wonder how many times he has been forced to drop the soap in jail abroad:D  ha ha

Justice ? Tell that to the family of David Stevens

By the way how is Jamie Turner doing

Dont stoop so low lad.

Yeah your right, just does my head in how they find one thing so funny yet deny they are just as bad if not worse !

Apologies to the forum ( but not to that tw@t)
destro

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:39 am

The Bulgarian authorities refused to release him to a UK prison until the FINEwas paid, which his family were only recently been able to do.

In Bulgaria the word FINEis a euphemism for Ransom Money , f'ucking bandits !  :angry:

Glad at least the lads home.
Last edited by woof woof ! on Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion