Michael owen - Will he ever return?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Homebooby » Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:58 am

bigmick wrote:I think it is almost a certainty that he will leave Newcastle in the Summer, but less of a sure thing that we will sign him. Shepherd has dug really deep for the barcodes and whoever the new manager is is likely to be told that he must release some funds from the existing squad before he buys. Owen is reportedly on 5.5 million a year and has a four year contract so if they could get 12 mill for him, it would seem like an easy way of releasing 25-30 million quid. Given his injury record Shepherd may see him as another Woodgate waiting to happen and will be keen to realise his worth particularly if the wee fella has a decent World Cup.
I think there is a distinct possibility that Henri will leave Arsenal in the Summer and Wenger may feel like an Owen/Van Persie partnership is his best bet of doing something at the new stadium. I'm still not convinced that Rafa sees Owen as part of his ideal team.

so henry comes to us and owen to arsenal? I think I could live with that  :D
Homebooby

Postby redmikey » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:00 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
Rafa-Dodd wrote:I have read with great interest on this site, all the posts involving Owen coming back. I was just wondering what the general feeling on this is.

I hate the lad, he broke my heart twice (and I mean broke my heart by the way) by refusing to do something and be paid £100k a week for that I would give my right arm for the chance to do just once in my life.

He sh.it on all LFc fans when he went for the money, and I would not care if he never played football again.

BUT - it is like if yer brother shagged yer bird or wife. Deep down, you still love the lad, and if you could make it up, then you would forgive him.

i can't agree with you on owen leon but that is the best way i have ever seen it pharsed.

i wanted him to stay. and when rafa turned up and we played well in the USA tournement i honestly thought he would change his mind, but he had seen the players come in under a muched hyped french manager and fail to sustain a challenge.

when he didn't play in the champions league i was gutted and pi..ssed off that any player could want to leave. but i believe that it is because we all know that he is world class and that he was such a big loss that it hurt more, so that is why some people are over the top bitter towards him.

COME home mikey, score some great goal in a team that has a chance to do some great things.

Overall he has made some mistakes granted, but always said he wanted to come back and got done by his advisers a couple of goals and all water will be under the bridge
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby Redrider » Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:50 pm

Owen is a washed out shadow of his former self.
A pale image of the rampant Anfield Star of 4 seasons ago.
Don't hold your breath or think of wasting any of our hard earned corn on him.
:suspect:
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby redmikey » Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:53 pm

Redrider wrote:Owen is a washed out shadow of his former self.
A pale image of the rampant Anfield Star of 4 seasons ago.
Don't hold your breath or think of wasting any of our hard earned corn on him.
:suspect:

please explain how you come to this stunning football fact.

owen is washed out is the biggest load of shi'te i've heard. it is a new one but sh'ite all the same

i would trade cissie and you to newcatle in the blink of an eye :veryangry
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby Redrider » Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:04 pm

Like I said, Don't hold your breath !!
The past is long gone, he is only fit to come back on a free.
Wake up to reality, Dreamer.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby redmikey » Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:08 pm

great explanation well done. owen still has pace his overall game is bettter and      RAFA WANTED HIM BACK but as long as you think he's washed out well i change my mind
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby 65-1140560321 » Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:57 pm

Rafael Benitez when summing up this season will not be able to ignore the fact that we cannot score, and our strikers have been woeful.especially if it costs us a place in the last eight of the champins league and the European crown. Cisse is definately gone in my book.

If Fowler can return, anything is possible.

Place a bet on Owen returning with the bookies before the speculation starts in the papers.

Especially if he has a good world cup. Newcastle offer nothing.

Actually, I read that Henry might leave the gunners if they dont get in the top 4.

Now theres a thought..
65-1140560321

Postby ynwa » Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:05 pm

i have a newcastle mate who supports newcastle, and he said that there are two clauses in owens contract one is after his frist season he can go for nine million pounds and after his second season he can go for nine million pounds. was not sure if any knew about it. so kill me if u did know
walk on walk on with hope in your heart
rafalution
18/5
god is back
ynwa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:06 pm

ynwa wrote:i have a newcastle mate who supports newcastle, and he said that there are two clauses in owens contract one is after his frist season he can go for nine million pounds and after his second season he can go for nine million pounds. was not sure if any knew about it. so kill me if u did know

Where are you from?
115-1073096938

Postby ynwa » Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:10 pm

not saying i know u will kill me
rafalution
18/5
god is back
ynwa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:18 pm

I'm just curious as to why your english is so poor.

It says on your profile you're the same age as me, quite shocking.
115-1073096938

Postby Redrider » Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:59 pm

Unfortunately, Owen has had his chance to return and he blew it.
Having said that, the numpty Parry did us no favours in releasing him to RM for such a low fee and without a really effective buy-back clause, which ensured we could buy him back for no more than they paid for him.
It would be a massive gamble to buy him back, even at £9m. His fitness cannot be guaranteed, even if were to be able of recreating his old pace and skill.
Unforunately, it is bye, bye Micky !!  We are moving onward and upward. Owen is only slipping away into mediocrity.
His likely return in August only exists in the imagination of the Romantic Dreamers of the forum.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby RichardLFC1 » Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:13 pm

Owen was saying before the season about he would love to come back was he not ? But a smart move by rafa not to pay the money or was it ???

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby ynwa » Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:16 pm

[quote]I'm just curious as to why your english is so poor.
It says on your profile you're the same age as me, quite shocking.

im english but i have trouble spelling and saying words so dont take the :censored:
rafalution
18/5
god is back
ynwa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:55 pm

RichardLFC1 wrote:Owen was saying before the season about he would love to come back was he not ? But a smart move by rafa not to pay the money or was it ???

it was a very smart move for Rafa NOT to pay the money.  17 million?  ???   Owen isn't worth that, and Rafa knew it.  However, This summer i reacon he will be available for 10-11 million and that i think would be a good buy.  Morientes, Cisse and Fowler arn't good enough and we need to have a clear out up front and bring in 2 strikers or buy 1 and give Sinima a chance.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion