Michael owen - Will he ever return?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red_guy » Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:54 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:The silly little b*stard (Simao) won't be joining us now, that IS for sure. The stupid fecker was pleading with the ref to book Alonso, ergo getting him suspended.

Don't want the little c*nt anyway - he's a diving pile of sh*te.

Right on lando. We should call them " the Benfica diving squad "...

:angry:
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:47 pm

Fully back you up - he is a little $hit!! Hope he is happy at Chelski.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:40 pm

Ace,

I know that Real Madrid were not iron-cast to win anything last season, all I was saying was that they are favourites or one of the favourites to win all the trophies they are entered for, so it seemed like a gravy train type move for Owen.

You raise a fair point on giving it ago aboard and to be honest, it's not the fact that he left us in the first place which has made me resent him, it's what happened last summer that has made me resent him. I just don't understand why he refused to give Benitez a chance and I bet he regrets the day he left.

Me might of lost his chance if he called Madrid's bluff but I seriously doubt it, Morientes was being messed around with by Madrid and called their bluff and eventually he came and joint us, Owen if he had a backbone and wanted to play for us enough would of held out ans signed for us. Also I seriously doubt he would lose his place under Sven. Beckham and Owen seem like Sven's favourites, so I doubt for a second he would exciled from the England Squad if he sat on Madrid's subbo bench for the entire campaign.

I agree it's disappointed the way that Owen has treated Liverpool but it's not surprising and it's not an unforgivable offence but it's a good enough reason to not want him back. And I hope he doesn't come back.
48-1119859832

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:43 pm

Rafa-Dodd wrote:I have read with great interest on this site, all the posts involving Owen coming back. I was just wondering what the general feeling on this is.

I hate the lad, he broke my heart twice (and I mean broke my heart by the way) by refusing to do something and be paid £100k a week for that I would give my right arm for the chance to do just once in my life.

He sh.it on all LFc fans when he went for the money, and I would not care if he never played football again.

BUT - it is like if yer brother shagged yer bird or wife. Deep down, you still love the lad, and if you could make it up, then you would forgive him.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:52 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:BUT - it is like if yer brother shagged yer bird or wife. Deep down, you still love the lad, and if you could make it up, then you would forgive him.

It's an unusual and interesting analogy, and one which I can totally understand. My one and only reservation about signing Owen would be that he seems increasingly injury prone, and no striker scores goals when on the tratment table. On balance, though he is a top player I think we may get better value for money elsewhere (assuming the fee is 12-13 million). That said, if we can pick him up for 10 or so without having to stump up a ridiculous salary, then there may be some mileage in it.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:07 pm

For christs sake ! :angry:  I'm sick of this  "look at how much Owen would've cost us "

The board f'ucked up . He went on the cheap , Newcastle bought him for somewhere near his true mkt value . Only pride prevented our board from resigning him .

£14 mill  paid for Cisse but £16 mill to resign Owen was deemed to be to much   :laugh:

:angry:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Mikz » Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:39 pm

The 14 million for Cisse was a lesson. Too much money to waste no matter what club you are.
They were right not to splash out on Owen again he hasnt exactly set Newcastle alight , just ask their fans.
As someone said earlier-he could have waited . We had just splashed out on a couple of strikers and signing him wouldnt have made sense. He wouldnt even give Benetiz a chance and couldnt wait to go, so why should we just drop everything for him when he decides he wants to go home.
Weve done okay without him.
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:56 pm

Mikz wrote:Owen
Weve done okay without him.

Yeah , you settle for OK .

when are some people gonna grow up and get over this "Owen betrayed us routine"
If the fella had never played for us and made the declaration he wanted to join LFC you'd ALL be asking how come we didn't get him .

GET A GRIP FOR F'UCKS SAKE   :angry:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Mikz » Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:28 pm

When i said we done okay without him-we won the champions league. Id say that pretty much "ok"
We are pushing for 2nd place in the league.
I think youre old enough and wise enough to know -just because he did it once ,doesnt mean he will do it again.
Theres no point saying if he hadnt played for us,if he hadnt did this or that..the fact is  HE DID!!
Rafa made the decision and hes a better judge than most .
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:13 pm

Mikz wrote:When i said we done okay without him-we won the champions league. Id say that pretty much "ok"

I'd say thats more than ok .

But in the longer term ,(not just focusing on one season) , our reluctance to resign a player of Owens stature and ability is now in light of our current strikers apparent inability to punish inferior opposition, proving to be nothing short of   :p  .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Mikz » Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:24 pm

True, and finding someone , even naming someone of that stature isnt easy . He could end up back here yet -nobody saw Fowler returning. :oops:
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:15 am

We need a proven Premiership striker.

I think we need Owen. Last summer, Newcastle priced us out of the running, but this season I hope we can get him, since he's not going to get Champions League football, and even if the unbelievably :censored: Newcastle got UEFA Cup entry, I doubt that would be enough for Owen.

Unless of course Arsenal outbid us, but then again, they didn't seem to show much interest in him last summer.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby TheoRacle » Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:12 am

Mikz wrote:(Owen) hasnt exactly set Newcastle alight , just ask their fans.

Goals Assists Shots on goal % shots on target % shots scored
Owen      12        1     17          14         82.35%             70.59%

Not bad for 14 games this season...
"My Maserati does one eighty five - I lost my license, now I don't drive..."
TheoRacle
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gato_busta » Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:51 am

Just a few months ago most people said Fowler is too old, he should not come back, etc. Now that he is back I have not seen anyone complaining. Although I  personaly dont want Owen to come back, I wouldn't complain if he did. If he came back I really doubt that anyone would complain about him. I know that some are going to say Fowler didn't betray us but my point is, many will say they don't want him back but if he suddenly is brought back no one would whine about it.
"Jugadores hay muchos, ídolos muy pocos"

Descansa en paz Claudia (9/10/1984 - 11/25/2007)
gato_busta

Postby darwisigila » Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:15 am

[quote]gato_busta
LFC Member

Posted: Feb. 23 2006,05:51

they don't want him back.....

coz he's past his best

no one would whine about it........

coz he's still a class just not like when he first play for liverpool, he came on free transfer, so its worth to gamble.

Different with owen, he :censored: us when he still a proven striker and we need him.
darwisigila

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion