Michael owen - Sorry another topic

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:44 am

Graham Souness has been over to have talks with Real about getting him for 10 million.
Dont we have first option on him if he was to leave?
He has admitted his frustration at being on the bench and has not ruled out a move back to the prem.
Would he really go to the toon ???
Should we try and get him back I would take him back tomorrow if he wanted to come back to the UK.
His baby and girlfriend still live in the UK, so that cant be easy for him I knew she wouldnt move there.
I would love him to come back he would be the answer to our forward problems.
Imagine Owen, Morientes, and Baros as our forward options :cool: .
Surely he wouldnt go to the toon even for 10 mill, they arnt in the CL they are in the bottom half of the table, and have never won anything.
Come home Michael you will be welcome.

Simon Talbot in Madrid
Tuesday January 18, 2005
The Guardian

Michael Owen yesterday voiced his impatience with Real Madrid for the first time since his move to Spain last summer. He has scored more goals per minute than any other player in Spain yet he starts virtually every game on the bench, unable to find a way past the untouchable galácticos .
Asked about speculation linking him with a move to Birmingham or Newcastle, Owen responded: "It is inevitable when somebody doesn't play. It's easy to put two and two together and come up with a few different clubs; that's only natural. It is only because I haven't been in the starting XI for a month or two now." Yesterday Newcastle said they would not be moving for the England striker.

But Owen failed to quash the speculation entirely. Asked, "You're staying here, aren't you?" he replied: "Well, in an ideal world I want to succeed here, play as much as I can and score many goals."

However, Madrid has not, as Owen admitted, proved an ideal world. He has started only seven league games, yet has scored seven goals, one every 110 minutes, compared with Ronaldo on 11 and, more significantly, Raúl - scorer of only four in the league despite starting all but one match.

If Owen were to be sold Liverpool have first option but it is understood his former club will not exercise it.

Having again scored as a substitute against Real Zaragoza on Sunday, Owen said: "I want to improve the situation. I want to be in the starting XI. I will never be happy on the bench. Maybe if I played a little bit more I would have scored more goals as well.
Last edited by Ciggy on Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alonso_Rulz » Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:20 am

lets hope he will not come back.. we dun need him.. with the strikers we got.. it is gd enough..
Alonso_Rulz

Postby laza » Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:37 am

I certainly welcome him back with open arms but im extremely doubtful he will be  back anytime soon
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:24 pm

michael owen's got more chance of playing for newcastle in australia than the toon.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:28 pm

stmichael wrote:michael owen's got more chance of playing for newcastle in australia than the toon.

but you could think that it would be a great investment for them if the got him, once shearer retires.
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ronmeister » Tue Jan 18, 2005 1:26 pm

If he comes back to the Epl it will be for the ****** or Chelski,I dont think parry and co would let us sanction a bid even if we wanted to just out of pride at the way he left us.Cutting nose of to spite face springs to mind.Still its all speculation anyway and i think he will stay at madrid and try to prove himself for another season at least
ronmeister

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Jan 18, 2005 1:26 pm

Alonso_Rulz wrote:lets hope he will not come back.. we dun need him.. with the strikers we got.. it is gd enough..

let's hope he will, why not strenghthen the forward line further, Cisse may nver recover and this leaves us with Baros, Moro and towo young uns in Mellor and Sinama, i would welcome MO back any day of the week - he is world class.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alonso_Rulz » Tue Jan 18, 2005 1:54 pm

please... he is world class.. but liverpool fans like us , have some pride.. just look at the way he treat us.. please... dun wan him back, we can have other players of great quality.. have some pride..
Alonso_Rulz

Postby 109-1105722616 » Tue Jan 18, 2005 2:34 pm

he is was to come back (which i doubt) i think it would drive out baros, cos owen would expect to start each game
109-1105722616

Postby coolsobs » Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:03 pm

marklfc wrote:he is was to come back (which i doubt) i think it would drive out baros, cos owen would expect to start each game

true and baros doesn't deserve to start on the bench with some the perfomances he's put in this season.
coolsobs

Postby Redrider » Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:08 pm

If we could sell Baros for the same amount of money that it would cost to buy Owen. What would be your verdict ?
If we could swap with RM, who would be getting the best deal ?
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby Tobin*LFC* » Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:47 pm

i think real madrid woulb be getting the better deal becouse personaly i think baros is better than mikey owen... i wud rather baros anyday tha own
thas jus my point ov view lads :p
You'll Never Walk Alone..
Tobin*LFC*

Postby Tobin*LFC* » Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:48 pm

than owen *  :(
You'll Never Walk Alone..
Tobin*LFC*

Postby Rafas Amigo » Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:05 pm

unless he thinks we are really going places then he wont come back, he left for success with madrid so if we are not challenging he wont be back, as for newcastle forget it
JAMIE '  ILL STAY TILL THE CLUB DOSENT WANT ME  ' CARRAGHER
Rafas Amigo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby L-type » Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:35 pm

But I'm sure that newcastle has the potential to succeed !!!!..........

In the championship :p
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion