Michael owen - Do we want him ?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Kopboyau » Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:49 pm

Personally, I think we should take Michael back. He should have never been allowed to leave in the first place. Can you imagine the havoc that him and Dibj would cause up front with through balls from SG and XA and possibly Luis Figo, I think one Jose Mourinho will be eating humble pie at the end of the season.

What do others think ?
Kopboyau
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:54 pm

This has been done a million times mate, think before posting as the lions will pounce otherwise, just a word of warning, always use open thread regards your subject :;):
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ckay » Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:01 pm

It's been mentioned again in the Echo. I'd have him back. Who would you prefer Owen or Crouch?
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED ANT » Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:01 pm

I think everyone is for this idea with the exception of Rafa. If he can be convinced to take him back after being left in the lurch (so to speak) by Owen last summer then i think it will happen.

Remember Rushie came back after 1 season and he carried on just where he left off.
RED ANT

Postby The Ace1983 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:11 pm

Again?  :down:  :veryangry

Yes i'd like to see him back and I dare say that he and "Dibj" would prove a hit. But it's NOT GOING TO HAPPEN! Why would he leave? I know he hasn't been getting too many games, but Luxembergo ended up last season with three up front and I dare say he'll do the same this season. He gets payed more to live a playboy life style and work with some of the biggest legends in world football including his bestest ever mate, David Beckham.

Jeez-aloo! Talk about multible threading. I think I've written the same response about thirty times. Give it a rest!
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:16 pm

Stop this Owen nonsense.

Rafa doesn't like the midget, neither do I. Accept it and move on.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby RED ANT » Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:16 pm

The Ace1983 wrote:Again?  :down:  :veryangry

Yes i'd like to see him back and I dare say that he and "Dibj" would prove a hit. But it's NOT GOING TO HAPPEN! Why would he leave? I know he hasn't been getting too many games, but Luxembergo ended up last season with three up front and I dare say he'll do the same this season. He gets payed more to live a playboy life style and work with some of the biggest legends in world football including his bestest ever mate, David Beckham.

Jeez-aloo! Talk about multible threading. I think I've written the same response about thirty times. Give it a rest!

So why write it again? Are you desperate to get your post count up or something? :D

I think it's being reported that Owen is sounding us out about a move back so it's a possibility now.
RED ANT

Postby Ace Ventura » Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:17 pm

The Ace1983 wrote:Again?  :down:  :veryangry

The thread has been started as its in tonights Echo stating he is desperate for a return, go on the media watch on the official site.
As for the playboy lifestyle...Owen shys away from that anyway so that argument is a non starter.
Also Beckham is a colleague an a friend i wouldnt doubt that, but its widely reported that Owens best mates are Didi Hamann and Carra.
The only stumbling block would be Rafa, because i am not sure he would want MO back after the way he left last season.
I think it would be brilliant for the club to get a proven scorer at every level back...and would do all i could if i was manager.
But thats just my opinion.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kopboyau » Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:18 pm

Be better upfront than Crouch - why on earth Rafa wants him I don't know  ???  ???
Kopboyau
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:19 pm

banana wrote:Stop this Owen nonsense.

Rafa don't like the midget, neither do I. Accept it and move on.

what is your problem with Owen anyway? I think you might be letting your thoughts about his transfer get in the way of your judgment of him, or in this case your lack of judgment.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:21 pm

Kopboyau wrote:Be better upfront than Crouch - why on earth Rafa wants him I don't know  ???  ???

Do you think it is a coincedence that Rafa is looking for tall strong good headers like Morientes, Crouch and Kujt?

To LFC#1
Don't be stupid. Owen doesn't fit in his system and into his football philosophy. Pure and simple.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:25 pm

ive said this 1000 times....

YES BRING HIM BACK!
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:29 pm

banana wrote:To LFC#1
Don't be stupid. Owen doesn't fit in his system and into his football philosophy. Pure and simple.

That may be so (debatable), but you still fail to answer my question on why you dislike the lad so much.

You once called him "mediocre", which shows a distinct lack of knowledge on the player, plain and simple.

I get the feeling you have some personal hatred of him because of his 'controversial' transfer to Real Madrid, or perhaps you have no idea what you are talking about?
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:30 pm

Ok, fine. You know what, this will be my last post on the subject. Michael Owen is a wonderful player and I blame his departure on us not finishing inside the top 3 last season and as much as I would love to have him back, I can't see it happening. Now unless I see some concrete stuff, I can't be bothered with you. As for me wanting my count up, I've been on this site for over a year, kid, if that was one of my priorities, I'd have a million posts by now. I don't start pointless threads like some people...
Last edited by The Ace1983 on Sat Jul 16, 2005 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maximus » Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:32 pm

LFC #1 wrote:
banana wrote:To LFC#1

That may be so (debatable), but you still fail to answer my question on why you dislike the lad so much.

You once called him "mediocre", which shows a distinct lack of knowledge on the player, plain and simple.

I get the feeling you have some personal hatred of him because of his 'controversial' transfer to Real Madrid, or perhaps you have no idea what you are talking about?

I can just see Banana sitting there watching the 2001 cup final, professing that the midget is mediocre!! :censored:

Fickle fans  :glare:
maximus
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion