Michael owen - Do we want him ?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby policy » Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:12 pm

No more divas.
Mourinho was customizing his flashy blue racing car -- applying the finishing touches of go-faster stripes, aerodynamic spoilers and a fat f@ck you exhaust -- while on his red car, Benitez was trying to glue together a broken chassis, repair bodywork and replace burst tyres.
- Paul Tomkins
policy

Postby banana » Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:36 pm

LIVERPOOLANYTIME wrote:Image
:p :D

This thread has had some good debate and has been good reading, just like to add my two pence to the argument.

I have to say that Owen is NOT a 'World Class' striker.

He is a good striker and if you go on his scoring record then this is easily backed up and you cold even argue that he has a 'world class' scoring record, which to be honest, probably cant be argued against.
However in my opinion this DOES NOT make him a world class striker by any means. Maybe a contradiction of terms but i dont think it is!!

His all round game is poor and apart from puting it in the back of the net, what does he actully bring to the team as a whole. I know some will argue that bringing goals is all that matters when talking about strikers, which to a point is correct, but for ME you need to bring and show more (main reason we are looking at crouch IMO).
He cannot hold the ball up well, and when he does he tends to be selfish with his passing. What makes me say this is that, i have seen Owen MANY times, play a ball to say a winger, but in such a way that the only otion for the player receiving the ball is to play Owen in, he tends to play the ball very wide or behind the oncoming teammate as to give HIMSELF time to get in the box!!  For me this shows a selfish attitude (though this can be expected from strikers you might say,but then you look at Henry and this isnt the case).

Michael Owen has very little skill, and often gets between defenders, not through skill, but through getting lucky knocks off the defenders legs etc; (anyone who disagrees....you need to really need to check this out), and being so small he is able to squirm past players,who are often worried about fouling him in the area.

I dont think Rafa likes his style of play and on the whole doesnt really rate him,hence he was allowed to leave without much of a fight. He simply doesnt fit into Rafa's style of play. Owen is at his best when playing off the shoulder of defenders and relying on his pace to get onto the through balls.
With rafa, i see a more methodical style of play, and personally i dont think owen has the attributes to play this way, he is a SIMPLE player and wants it put through so he can run on to it, otherwise he finds it difficult to score.

After the 2001 treble,why do you think we struggled - in my opinion - it was because teams had cottoned on to the way that we played and always looked for Owen via a SG long through ball.
So it comes as no surprise that we win the CL after he left, IMO, if he was still here we would ave played a lot differently and the players would still have focused the attention on getting the ball to SG, in the hope he would find Owen and thats how we would get our goals.

Owen hardly EVER scored from outside the box, and was unable to score an array of different types of goals - he just reminded me of Lineker to be honest. Compare to another Anfield hero - Fowler - he could score from outside the box, volleys and even free kicks!!  Cant imagine Owen taking a free kick can you?

Some people will obviously disagree with a lot i ave said no doubt, but personally i look at football and footballers as a whole package, and although Owen does score a lot of goals, his WHOLE package is poor IMO.
The thing is IF he ISNT scoring, then WHAT DOES HE BRING that will benefit the team??
For example we know that Mori will not be a 20-30 goal a season man, but he REALLY can link play properly and create for OTHERS (of course he still has to show this to us, but we still know he CAN do that).
Another example is Cisse, just the other night he was played out wide, though not his natural position e was still able to make a decent impact and cause problems and create chances for OTHERS. Can you imagine Owen playing out wide?? Hmmmm, dont think so!!

As (john craig i think) said, the stats dont tell the whole story, yes he does have a 1:2 ratio, which is up with the best, but a lot of these goals were against 'weaker' opposition and then we have the 10 in 6 games type of thing followed by a spell of 7 without a goal for example.

If he was world class and he supposedly wants out of Real at the moment, then how come the likes of Barca, Milan(either one) and the rest of the usual suspects dont seem to be interested?
If he was world class, then why does he have extreme problems getting past real class strikers such as raul/ronaldo??
Three managers cant all be wrong in their estimations of owen, by placing him on the bench.
Madrid only bought him, to appease their fans clamouring for a 'big name' signing, not a big player, but a big name!!

I am sorry but Owen made the decision to leave, and now he is regretting it, we should not pander to his need of playing regularly so he can be a starter at the world cup next year.
IMO Rooney/defoe would be alot more devastating than Rooney/Owen - Why, we know what Rooney can do, but Defoe has a lot more to his game than Owen does and will in time be a lot better than Owen (IMO of course!)

W O W

brilliant post man.

I completely agree with everything you say

even if i didn't agree I would enjoy reading your post

More of the same please.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby skipper » Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:43 pm

Michael Owen is probably the best active English striker right now.  He is a great player.  However, I dont really know if he can fit in with Rafa.  Moro and Cisse dont always start, but they dont whine.  Baros does and thats why he's not considered a good team player.  If owen comes then I dont know if he can take being benched again. 

Peter crouch is not nearly as good as owen.  However, he knows he would be coming to a huge club and I dont think he'll complain about playing time.  Crouch is useful in both attacking and defending set pieces.  He wont the main striker, but he is a player that can fill his role well.  He wont hurt the team's chemistry.

I dont love owen, but I dont hate him either.  If he came back and fits in superbly, then great.  I know he's capable of scoring 20+ and close that gap with chelsea.  But if he comes back and doesnt play like a team player, then he'll hurt the team.

I dont have a preference.  I only want to see 11 hard-working team-first players on the pitch.  Whether rafa picks owen or crouch, that striker better be a good team player.  If you play hard and improve this club, then I dont care if your first name is michael or peter.
You'll Never Walk Alone

RIP Phil
skipper
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby murphy0151 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:10 pm

Apparently M Owen is a done deal.   

Im gutted he's fukked us off once allready, an now only becasue he dosnt want to risk losing his world cup place.  He wants to come home.

My source is skybet, hes down to 4/7 to be with us on Aug 13th
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby jonnymac1979 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:18 pm

Did the Echo say if I'm not mistaken that it will be a years loan deal?  Or are we signing him permanently if you've heard something Murf?
jonnymac1979

Postby Ciggy » Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:26 pm

stu_the_red wrote:
Posted: July 15 2005,13:56 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote (maximus @ July 15 2005,13:32)
Quote (LFC #1 @ July 15 2005,13:29)
Quote (banana @ July 15 2005,13:21)
To LFC#1
Don't be stupid. Owen doesn't fit in his system and into his football philosophy. Pure and simple.

That may be so (debatable), but you still fail to answer my question on why you dislike the lad so much.

You once called him "mediocre", which shows a distinct lack of knowledge on the player, plain and simple.

I get the feeling you have some personal hatred of him because of his 'controversial' transfer to Real Madrid, or perhaps you have no idea what you are talking about?

I can just see Banana sitting there watching the 2001 cup final, professing that the midget is mediocre!! :censored:

Fickle fans   

Go drink a glass of milk lad

Talking about 2001 will get you nowhere
Rafa is thinking about 2006-2010
Owen is not in his plans. Owen is out of favour in Madrid and desperate to get some football before the world cup finals. We should not let him use LFC just to get fit for the world cup. LFC is not Owen's playground.

AND
Nothing is permanent in football. How many good seasons did Maradona have after 1988? Ok, drugs did him. So what? Owen is injury prone and has a big ego. And most importantly; Owen is not suited to play it Rafa style. Rafa is building a TEAM. He is not after 11 individuals. Apart form hanging around and putting a few goals, Owen doesn't bring much to the table. i care about the WHOLE game. I do not care about how many goals a single player scores or what car he drives. Owen doesn't take part in the build up play, he is not working hard for his team mates, and he has not the skills required to be first striker at LFC. Accept it.

Go and drink a glass of milk scott... whats that gotta do with anythin? :laugh:

Owen has injury problems and yes he will be missing for 2 months every season. Whats your point? He still manages MORE than double the amount of goals Baros scored. In fact, i bet if we got him fit for one season, he'd treble what Baros scores.

As for not being suited to Rafa's style... you're surely having a laugh? Under Houllier Owen had to do it all alone with no support from midfield and only Murphy and Gerrard capable of playing the balls he needs to do most damage, no he'd have Zenden, Gerrard, Alonso, Luis Garcia and Morientes in there, all with a brain and all clever players who play the sort of football Owen has always played. Which is on the floor, fast and intelligent football.

Owen hangs around and puts a few goals in? Well i've got news for you lad. Goals win you games. Now i'm not bein funny, but the reason our away record under Houllier was so good is because of Owen. He scored away from home at any ground and where we'd lose 1-0 away, we might have drew 1-1, or won 2-1, or where we'd draw 0-0 we'd win 1-0. How many games has Baros WON for us this season with his goals or how many games has he saved us from defeat? Millwall and Palace? i can't think of any more off the top of my head.

As for Owen not being hard working, you're simply talking out of your :censored:. The lad doesn't charge round like Baros like a headless chicken. He simply looks at the defenders, splits them up, makes them play into a certain area and doesn't let them pick him off as easily as Baros does, he holds his position which is the more sensible and knowledgable thing to do. Anyone who thinks he's lazy, has simply never watched him play. Its as simple as that.

You say he doesn't bring much else to the team except goals. Well, again, i encourage you to actually watch him play live. He's a goal threat every second he's on the pitch and keeps two defenders occuppied at nearly all times. He also does't conceed possession as stupidly and needlessly as Baros and he also releases the ball quicker than Baros and normally to a player in space aswell. Again if you'd watched him play, he recieves the ball, he plays a pass and the fans clap... the fans don't clap because its Owen, they clap because its a good pass to a player with alot of space. This is why fans are very annoyed with Baros, he just fails to do this EVERY time he gets the ball.

When you're a striker and you're 35 yards away from goal and the ball comes into you with your back to goal you look for a pass to a player in space or on the move who's going to help you get closer to the goal, you then make your move once you've released the ball to that player in space who in turn again has to do something positive, this keeps the momentum going. With the fabulous headless chicken Baros, this momentum breaks down ALL the time. The things is this side now has the ability to get the very best out of Owen. We have more players on his wave length in a similar class. 4 years ago, we didn't.

Hear Hear Stu top post.
banana thinks Angel is better than Owen so that explains everything :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:39 pm

I would take Owen back tomorrow, I bet he is kicking himself that he left. We would have some team with him upfront with Morientes or Cisse, they would be banging goals in for fun.
We  are in desperate need for a 20+ a season striker, what if Morientes and Cisse cant hack the prem this season? Do we just rely on Risse, Gerrard and Garcia to score goals for us again?
Baros is practicly 99% gone, plus he couldnt lace Owens boots, and if Michael only wants to come back so that he will be first choice for Sven in the WC so what?
If he scored a bagfull of goals like Maximus said the games we lost last season we would have won or drawn alot of them.

And Banana do you know Rafa? I dont think so, so how do you know Owen wont fit in his plans?
Hes a striker isnt he? Something we are despretly lacking.
Come home Micky youve been missed Big time.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:49 pm

i've had this debate so many times now it's getting boring. :sleep

the thing with michael owen is, like wayne rooney now, he was so good at such a young age that people are comparing him now to what he was like when he first broke through into the first team.

i suppose you could say it was the exhuberance of youth or playing without fear that originally made him so frightening for defences to play against. but as time went on, defences learned how to play against him, and michael also had terrible problems with his hamstrings.

go back to 2001. from the end of the treble season until about 6 weeks into the 2002 season he scored 29 goals in 25 games, including a hatrick for england in munich. he was the hottest property in european football after picking up the european footballer of the year award. at this stage, had he been playing for manure or arsenal, he would have kicked on to be truly world class. unfortunately he ended up playing in a team which for two years played dreadful football and strived him of service.

having said all that, he's still the one player you would put your house on to score in games that really matter. bring owen back now and he'd score a hatful, especially with the players we have now to provide the ammunition.
Last edited by stmichael on Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby murphy0151 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:54 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:I would take Owen back tomorrow, I bet he is kicking himself that he left. We would have some team with him upfront with Morientes or Cisse, they would be banging goals in for fun.
We  are in desperate need for a 20+ a season striker, what if Morientes and Cisse cant hack the prem this season? Do we just rely on Risse, Gerrard and Garcia to score goals for us again?
Baros is practicly 99% gone, plus he couldnt lace Owens boots, and if Michael only wants to come back so that he will be first choice for Sven in the WC so what?
If he scored a bagfull of goals like Maximus said the games we lost last season we would have won or drawn alot of them.

And Banana do you know Rafa? I dont think so, so how do you know Owen wont fit in his plans?
Hes a striker isnt he? Something we are despretly lacking.
Come home Micky youve been missed Big time.

Cisse the little weslh :censored: turned his back on the club that made him who he is today.

Im not being funny here but if it werent a world cup year, he would be staying at Real.  Hes scared that if hes stays at Real sitting on the bench week in week out.  That hes going to lose his place in the England Team for the world cup.  Too someone like Defoe, who id rather have before Owen anyday off the week.

Im not sure if we are buying him back, but if we do end up buying him back.  Were going to have to pay alot more than what we sold him for.
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:54 pm

stmichael wrote:i've had this debate so many times now it's getting boring. :sleep

the thing with michael owen is, like wayne rooney now, he was so good at such a young age that people are comparing him now to what he was like when he first broke through into the first team.

i suppose you could say it was the exhuberance of youth or playing without fear that originally made him so frightening for defences to play against. but as time went on, defences learned how to play against him, and michael also had terrible problems with his hamstrings.

go back to 2001. from the end of the treble season until about 6 weeks into the 2002 season he scored 29 goals in 25 games, including a hatrick for england in munich. he was the hottest property in european football after picking up the european footballer of the year award. at this stage, had he been playing for manure or arsenal, he would have kicked on to be truly world class. unfortunately he ended up playing in a team which for two years played dreadful football and strived him of service.

having said all that, he's still the one player you would put your house on to score in games that really matter. bring owen back now and he'd score a hatful, especially with the players we have now to provide the ammunition.

Remember this time last year St you was going to get a new ID :D

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:00 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:
stmichael wrote:i've had this debate so many times now it's getting boring. :sleep

Remember this time last year St you was going to get a new ID :D

oh yeah :oops:

maybe i should change my name to saintmohammed, in honour of sissoko. :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 115-1073096938 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:02 pm

LIVERPOOLANYTIME wrote:Image
:p :D

This thread has had some good debate and has been good reading, just like to add my two pence to the argument.

I have to say that Owen is NOT a 'World Class' striker.

He is a good striker and if you go on his scoring record then this is easily backed up and you cold even argue that he has a 'world class' scoring record, which to be honest, probably cant be argued against.
However in my opinion this DOES NOT make him a world class striker by any means. Maybe a contradiction of terms but i dont think it is!!

His all round game is poor and apart from puting it in the back of the net, what does he actully bring to the team as a whole. I know some will argue that bringing goals is all that matters when talking about strikers, which to a point is correct, but for ME you need to bring and show more (main reason we are looking at crouch IMO).
He cannot hold the ball up well, and when he does he tends to be selfish with his passing. What makes me say this is that, i have seen Owen MANY times, play a ball to say a winger, but in such a way that the only otion for the player receiving the ball is to play Owen in, he tends to play the ball very wide or behind the oncoming teammate as to give HIMSELF time to get in the box!!  For me this shows a selfish attitude (though this can be expected from strikers you might say,but then you look at Henry and this isnt the case).

Michael Owen has very little skill, and often gets between defenders, not through skill, but through getting lucky knocks off the defenders legs etc; (anyone who disagrees....you need to really need to check this out), and being so small he is able to squirm past players,who are often worried about fouling him in the area.

I dont think Rafa likes his style of play and on the whole doesnt really rate him,hence he was allowed to leave without much of a fight. He simply doesnt fit into Rafa's style of play. Owen is at his best when playing off the shoulder of defenders and relying on his pace to get onto the through balls.
With rafa, i see a more methodical style of play, and personally i dont think owen has the attributes to play this way, he is a SIMPLE player and wants it put through so he can run on to it, otherwise he finds it difficult to score.

After the 2001 treble,why do you think we struggled - in my opinion - it was because teams had cottoned on to the way that we played and always looked for Owen via a SG long through ball.
So it comes as no surprise that we win the CL after he left, IMO, if he was still here we would ave played a lot differently and the players would still have focused the attention on getting the ball to SG, in the hope he would find Owen and thats how we would get our goals.

Owen hardly EVER scored from outside the box, and was unable to score an array of different types of goals - he just reminded me of Lineker to be honest. Compare to another Anfield hero - Fowler - he could score from outside the box, volleys and even free kicks!!  Cant imagine Owen taking a free kick can you?

Some people will obviously disagree with a lot i ave said no doubt, but personally i look at football and footballers as a whole package, and although Owen does score a lot of goals, his WHOLE package is poor IMO.
The thing is IF he ISNT scoring, then WHAT DOES HE BRING that will benefit the team??
For example we know that Mori will not be a 20-30 goal a season man, but he REALLY can link play properly and create for OTHERS (of course he still has to show this to us, but we still know he CAN do that).
Another example is Cisse, just the other night he was played out wide, though not his natural position e was still able to make a decent impact and cause problems and create chances for OTHERS. Can you imagine Owen playing out wide?? Hmmmm, dont think so!!

As (john craig i think) said, the stats dont tell the whole story, yes he does have a 1:2 ratio, which is up with the best, but a lot of these goals were against 'weaker' opposition and then we have the 10 in 6 games type of thing followed by a spell of 7 without a goal for example.

If he was world class and he supposedly wants out of Real at the moment, then how come the likes of Barca, Milan(either one) and the rest of the usual suspects dont seem to be interested?
If he was world class, then why does he have extreme problems getting past real class strikers such as raul/ronaldo??
Three managers cant all be wrong in their estimations of owen, by placing him on the bench.
Madrid only bought him, to appease their fans clamouring for a 'big name' signing, not a big player, but a big name!!

I am sorry but Owen made the decision to leave, and now he is regretting it, we should not pander to his need of playing regularly so he can be a starter at the world cup next year.
IMO Rooney/defoe would be alot more devastating than Rooney/Owen - Why, we know what Rooney can do, but Defoe has a lot more to his game than Owen does and will in time be a lot better than Owen (IMO of course!)

First of all i ask are you completely stupid or are you a child who doesn't understand the game of football. Its 8pm on a friday night and i'm that sick of having to explain the basics i'll do it one last time. This is to educate on the game, don't be offended, just shut up, listen and learn.

Agreed. Robbie Fowler the prime example. A true world class goalscorer. That made him a top class player, the rest of his game was very average. He had a smart brain, was technically very good, but wasn't particulally fast or strong which made him pretty average all round, however he could score any type of goal.

Thats quite simply :censored:. Baros for the comparrison. He has NO awareness of whats around him, he doesn't caluculate his passes or movement. Owen does. As i've previously mentioned, Owen recieves the ball, lays it off to a player who 8/10 times is in a very good position with alot of time and space. This is something that improved dramatically in his game over the years. Now can you imagine giving the ball to Ryan Giggs in 30 yards of space and one full back infront of him? Owen played passes with intelligence into space for others to use it. If they didn't use the space, thats not his fault.

To say he "can't" hold the ball up is simple stupidity. We all know he can't fend of Campbell and Ferdinand and Terry by using size and can't bring down a high ball against these players then hold them off. But thats about service, if the balls played into Owen's feet, 8/10 times he finds his own team mate, usually with one of the good passes i was just talking about. He brings othre players into the game ALOT, if you actually went to games over the last 6/7 years, you'd see that.

You're point on his "selfishness" is absoloutely shocking. I'm sorry, but the idea of having a world class striker is he knows how to get people to create chances for him, he knows how to finish. I'm telling you now, Owen knows how to do that better than most. He often forced the likes of Murphy and Gerrard to play particular passes into his runs which created goals. Any fool who can't see this is the sign of a good striker doesn't understand football.

I'd rather have Owen through on goal, than Xabi Alonso or Gerrard. If you actually watched Henry, Henry is a very different player from Owen. Henry uses the wings, Owen plays through the centre. If i had a striker who could finish, i'd tell him to push the ball out wide and get in the box, i'm sorry but to say that for doing his job he's selfish is a rediculous comment.

I remember a goal at highbury the season before last when everyone was praising Gerrard's "wonderful" pass. Gerrard's pass was nothing more than good... Owen's run and the way he got away from Campbell and in behind and finished shown exactly what he's all about. he physically pushed Campbell to give him a start, then bang the runs made, he's recieved the ball and he scores.

Another example... Rooney's goal for England against Croatia was it? Owen pulled off the front line, and recieved a pass from Rooney, he then instantly (one touch) played the one two which put Rooney through. It was basic vision and awareness, but thats ALOT more than the Baros has shown, Baros would never in a million years have spotted the pass that Rooney or Owen played in that move, he also wouldn't have had the intelligence to be in either position.

Also, from what i've seen of Cisse, Owen's as good at holding the ball up as him and his link up play is far better so far.

Very little skill? Are you having a laugh? I remember numourous goals wheres he's dribbled past 2/3/4 players over 40 yards and in the space of about 10 yards, goals against Coventry, West Ham, Argentina, Forest, Birmingham and Porto spring to mind off the top off my head. One game last season against Newcastle, he recieved a 50 yard pass from Gerrard and had two defenders around him, his touch killed the ball instantly, the pass then switched the play to Gerrard who played it inside to Hamann, who should have shot but instead lost the ball by trying to be to clever, he often controls the ball away from defenders so they can't get a tackle in and he keeps the momentum going. Unlike our own, Baros, Head down... "run run run, oooops the balls gone out... :censored: it keep running".

Also i can see where you're coming from the fact he gets "lucky" every time, i mean its surely all luck, as you say he has no skill. And the fact that he uses his low centre of gravity to his advantage isn't allowed to be a quality is it? In the same way that being 6'7 and being able to win a header isn't.

The reason defenders don't lunge in aswell, is simple, they'll foul him, they'll then conceed a penalty, because they know he's good enough to whip the ball away then get the defender to commit the foul.

With rafa, i see a more methodical style of play, and personally i dont think owen has the attributes to play this way, he is a SIMPLE player and wants it put through so he can run on to it, otherwise he finds it difficult to score.After the 2001 treble,why do you think we struggled - in my opinion - it was because teams had cottoned on to the way that we played and always looked for Owen via a SG long through ball.

Right well thats a complete contradiction. Look at his goalscoring record the seasons after the treble lad. It got better, so i can't see where you're coming from there. If they defended deep he scored goals in other ways, headers, volleys etc. His goalscoring record kept improving, so i don't see how you can blame the teams lack of quality on one player who was the only one to keep performing at the same level. At the end of the day, its not his fault the team started to play like :censored:. He was a class player playing in an average side and if it wasn't for his goals (as we've saw this season domestically at least) we'd have been in serious trouble.

Ahh :censored: i can't be arsed arguing.

Another one tho on work rate...

Defenders = w
strikers = x
ball = o

How many times do we see Baros chasing the ball like this...
1:
w      wo      w       w
    x         

2:
w      w        wo      w
              x

3:
w       w       w        wo
                       x

Answer? :censored: loads... he's wating his energy.

Owen:

1:       

wo       w          w          w
                 x

2:
w        w          wo           w
                 x

3:
w        w          w            wo
                 x

It saves energy, Baros lets teams play across the backline, Owen always closes from the centre of the pitch which stops the switch of play which gives the opposition less time.

Its called brains. :)
115-1073096938

Postby 76-1115222408 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:05 pm

:D  haha....SaintMohammed.........LMFAO
76-1115222408

Postby stmichael » Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:11 pm

LIVERPOOLANYTIME wrote: :D  haha....SaintMohammed.........LMFAO

who you laughing at? :angry:  :angry:

:p
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby mkingdom » Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:32 pm

Owen could do nothing but add proven quality, experience and goals to Liverpool.

He has been there, done it and he is bringing his new t-shirt back from Madrid.

Micheal Owen still strikes fear into the heart of many of the prem's centre backs, and with his year's experience in La Liga, and Rafa's guidance he can only be a better player than when he left.

IMO we'd be foolish not to try and get him back.

Any team with Gerrard, Alonso, Carragher, Figo, Owen and Morientes (if he finds his shooting boots again any time this season) will be a force to reckoned with.

Rush came back after a year away and did OK!!! :D
mkingdom

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion