Michael owen - Do we want him ?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:04 am

Thank you, someone who speaks sense at last. Out of curiousity, how often do you go to games Dalglish? :D lol
115-1073096938

Postby Dalglish » Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:07 am

stu_the_red wrote:Thank you, someone who speaks sense at last. Out of curiousity, how often do you go to games Dalglish? :D lol

Hmmmmm I went once when i was 12 and I watch all the games with my E-Season ticket  :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:13 am

:laugh:
115-1073096938

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:36 am

Back to the topic title... no we don't.

We've got Baros, Cisse, Morientes, Luis Garcia and are being linked with Crouch, why on earth would we need a garenteed 20 goals a season striker? :laugh:
115-1073096938

Postby tel » Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:57 am

stu_the_red wrote:Back to the topic title... no we don't.

We've got Baros, Cisse, Morientes, Luis Garcia and are being linked with Crouch, why on earth would we need a garenteed 20 goals a season striker? :laugh:

Because Owen scores 20 goals when the whole team structure is designed for him to score goals, and nothing else.

Which is why we s ucked so much as a team under Houllier.

When Owen was injured or off form, we lost games because the team was one dimensional and didnt know how to play differently.

Should Owen be welcomed back? Yes. Can he be more than one dimensional. No. He should be signed only if he is prepared to be part of a team, which is incidentally, the reason why he left. He wasnt prepared to be one of 11 spokes in the wheel.
tel

Postby azriahmad » Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:22 am

As much as we (that is Stu, Dalglish and myself and maybe some others out there) agree that Owen is a class act that Baros can never hope to emulate, there seems to be little chance of Owen coming back unless Real can come down from their pedestal and not insist on a profit and similarly Benithez changing his plans to include fitting Owen in the team.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:23 am

Before i begin, i have to say i hate stu...i don't like his "my way or the high way" comments......but i have to agree with him on owen.

if owen wants to come back, we should welcome him back. He is one of the best goalscorers i have seen. We want to get rid of baros...sure no problem. But at least replace him with owen...... No player has won more games single handedly than owen has for us. Real madrid might have won the league if they had played him more often than raul.

I pretty much wanted owen out when he was missing penalities 2 season ago....But looking at how our strikers perform last season (every one of them), I rather we have owen back.

Lets just get him back and sign him on a 5 year contract. And morientas can go back to madrid.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:33 am

Chill out, Rock. This forum is mainly for stating opinions but the best thing is that you don't really have to face anybody who rubbishes your comments. Comments should be argued against in a civilised manner, and not by calling people names or dissing them off way over the top. I for one, have avoided this kind of personal attacks but I have been on the receiving end on several occassions.

Just ignore them and don't feed into their hate.

I have enjoyed reading your threads. YNWA
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:57 am

Owen has openly declared he wants away because he requires 1st team action due to the impending World Cup.
According to a certain member of this forum every manager/coach in Europe would want Owen in their team.Real Madrid don't...Liverpool don't....Newcastle did....anyone else?Can you here the stampede..

MO left our club in the lurch ...I said back in January of last year he would wait till after the European Championships then pack his bags and leave.He was playing like he was working his notice.

The game is about opinions and mine is Owen left and he won't be back because Rafa doesn't believe MO would suit the style of play he is looking for.I agree with Rafa on this one because Owen is not a team player.Obviously some people have put Owen on a pedastal,probably because he's the best they have ever seen.The fact that one particular member claims he rates him better than Ian Rush only confirms my suspicions that,this particular member still wears his Michael Owen shirt given to him on his 10th birthday and has never seen one of the greatest forwards this club has ever had.
      For a start one can only compare Owen with Rush on a goal scoring basis because the rest of Owen's play was very limited.Rush scored goals against everyone..big teams...little teams and never with the aid of the penalty.Owen well his record speaks for itself ..lethal against the minnows ....virtually absent without leave against the big boys.

But hey what do we know ..perhaps Rafa has got it wrong.....nah! he is spot on.:p
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby JBG » Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:26 am

supersub wrote:confirms my suspicions that,this particular member still wears his Michael Owen shirt given to him on his 10th birthday

Oh behave!
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby jan molby » Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:31 am

I was better than Owen
jan molby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sean » Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:47 pm

I agree with Supersubs comments regarding the comparison between Owen & Rushie.  Not only used Rush be a prolific goal scorer, he used to be a misery for defenders 'cause when he didn't have the ball he was constantly hassling defenders into making mistakes and chasing back.

We have a top new keeper.  Our defence is o.k. but need cover.  We have a dream midfield but we need a 20 goal a season striker.  Owen would guarantee that.  Bring him home.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby barnesrush » Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:08 pm

owens been saying that its only the media saying he wants a move, so its looking a bit less likely
cut me and i bleed red
barnesrush

Postby Lionheart » Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:19 pm

Owen staying put
PA Sport

Striker Michael Owen has attempted to quash speculation about his Real Madrid future, claiming he has no intention of leaving the Bernabeu this pre season.

The 25-year-old England hitman has brushed aside recent rumours linking him with a move back to the Premiership, with Manchester United and Chelsea reportedly interested in acquiring the striker.

Owen has failed to hold down a first team place in Vanderlei Luxemburgo's side despite scoring 13 league goals in his debut campaign in the Primera Liga.

"I have never said that I want to leave," Owen told the club's official website, www.realmadrid.com.

"It's the English press that are placing me away from Madrid."

Owen was delighted to have hit the target on Monday, the former Liverpool star scoring the opening goal as Madrid beat Los Angeles Galaxy 2-0 in a friendly match on their northern summer tour.

"I am very happy," he said. "We have played well and I have scored."

Owen is now looking forward to the second stage of the tour, which will see Real arrive in Peking on Tuesday.

"It's going to be a long journey," he added, "but we have many fans there so it will be good."

Updated: Tue, Jul 19, 2005 08:56:57 PM AEST
All photos copyright AAP[/]

The World Game
[url=http://www3.sbs.com.au/home/index.php3?id=60674
]http://www3.sbs.com.au/home/index.php3?id=60674[/I][/url]

[url=http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img]http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img[/url]
Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 65-1114725958 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 3:50 pm

This whole topic, was a waste of 178 posters time !

owen didn't want to play for LFC

and LFC don't want him back!

I doubt RAFA would want to be taken for such a MUG!

End of!
65-1114725958

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion