Mendy signs - New defender

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:34 pm

Liverpool have added yet another youngster to their ranks with the capture of Spanish teenager Emmanuel Mendy.
Mendy arrives at Anfield from Murcia Deportivo, after Rafa Benitez persuaded him to sign a three-year deal with the Merseyside giants.

Primarily a right back, Mendy is extremely versatile and can play on either side of the defence.

At 18 years of age, the Spaniard is tipped for a bright future and will go straight into Gary Ablett's reserve setup.

Mendy's strengths are his athleticism and strength, belying his diminutive build.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Rafa D » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:35 pm

I sh.ite myself them and thought we had signed Bernard Mendy :laugh:
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:36 pm

haha i know thats why i left out the first name :p
maypaxvobiscum

Postby bigmick » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:45 pm

Well sooner or later one of these kids will make a player surely. I say it not because because I've got masses of faith in our scouting system, or in Rafa's ability to snaffle the very best talent from around the World, but simply because there is something in the simple law of averages.If you keep buying highly rated kids, eventually one of them will get to the stage where they become a regular in the team you would think. If actually none of them do, then you can only come to the conclusion that whoever is picking them (and i know it's not Rafa before anyone gets carried away) is picking the wrong ones.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:54 pm

What gets me is who the hell is watching 3rd division Spanish football :laugh:
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:07 pm

Rafa-Dodd wrote:I sh.ite myself them and thought we had signed Bernard Mendy :laugh:

:laugh: Same here i started to rant to meself before i finished reading it :laugh:
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:21 am

small and quick. reminds me of a certain german player who happens to be able to play on the left and right as well.

anyway....when are players like ronald huth, gordon antwi and miki roque gonna get their chance? are the young players bought actually potential first teamers or is it a case of ''lets hope for the best''?
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Owzat » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:31 am

Rafa-Dodd wrote:What gets me is who the hell is watching 3rd division Spanish football :laugh:

Shame they're looking at youngsters in Spain, even the 3rd division, but shopping in England's top flight and not Spain's for new 1st team players.

I'll probably get shot down for this, but I am getting a little worried Rafa is getting like Houllier towards the end of his reign. Paying over the odds for players (Diouf, Cisse, Heskey) and when we should be/have been looking for players to challenge for the title, both seem to be/have been bringing in kids for the future. The kids are the FUTURE, but why sign them 4-5 years in and not 1-2 years in? Rafa cleared out all but a few of Houllier's signings, could it be if Rafa goes the next manager does the same?

We need to tie up a couple of convincing signings, the jury may be out on Dossena, Diego and Degen. But are those the names people had in mind for us to sign this season?!?!?!? Not inspirational and not pivotal, Keane and Barny aren't quite the top players I had in mind either - Keane wouldn't be a bad signing, but not quite your David Villa.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby club_Levis » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:21 pm

Owzat wrote:
Rafa-Dodd wrote:What gets me is who the hell is watching 3rd division Spanish football :laugh:

We need to tie up a couple of convincing signings, the jury may be out on Dossena, Diego and Degen. But are those the names people had in mind for us to sign this season?!?!?!? Not inspirational and not pivotal, Keane and Barny aren't quite the top players I had in mind either - Keane wouldn't be a bad signing, but not quite your David Villa.

The following got me thinking along those lines Owzat!!!

"Liverpool have signed highly-rated teenage striker David Ngog from Paris St Germain.

The 19-year-old has repeatedly been linked to the Reds in recent weeks and has signed a four-year contract with the Barclays Premier League club.

He will go straight into the Merseysiders' first-team squad, joining fellow summer arrivals Andrea Dossena, Diego Cavalieri and Philipp Degen.

Ngog, who is the cousin of former Rangers and Newcastle defender Jean-Alain Boumsong, struggled in an under-performing Paris St Germain team last season as the French club barely maintained their Ligue 1 status.

He scored just once in 18 appearances but has been far more effective at various levels for France.

The pacy forward has scored at every youth level for his country, including a brace against England Under-19s last season.

His exit from the Parc des Princes seemed inevitable from the moment he refused to sign a new contract with Paul le Guen's side as he entered the final year of his deal, and Liverpool soon stepped in with a bid thought to be around the £1.5million mark.

Ngog's arrival adds welcome reinforcement to manager Rafael Benitez's strikeforce following the departure of Peter Crouch for Portsmouth."
club_Levis

Postby dawson99 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:22 pm

rafa has absolutely no respect for our youth or reserve team  :no
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:52 pm

dawson99 wrote:rafa has absolutely no respect for our youth or reserve team  :no

I guess by trying to add Keane that means that he has no respect for the 1st team either???
JoeTerp

Postby dawson99 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:12 pm

big if at the mo. if all hes doing is adding to the wage bill with 'promising' youngsters instead of giving the ones we have now a chance, i just think hes being wrong..personal opinion and hopefully he'll make a decent signing instead of getting someone who'll be gone in 6 months to a year
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:48 pm

:D

All the best lad
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBlood » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:13 pm

dawson99 wrote:rafa has absolutely no respect for our youth or reserve team  :no

pathetic comment

i suck co.ck
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:01 pm

RedBlood wrote:

pathetic comment

i'll suck ur co.ck

???
maypaxvobiscum

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion