Mediocre cut-price creative players...... - ..the reason no title in 17 yrs...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Toffeehater » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:46 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:Whatever happened to all the clamor surrounding that Nihat chap who plays for Villarreal?

Wasn't he meant to be a fabulous player?

It died down , he's not really that great TBH honest , if we had the money , i'd buy 4 players

Phillip lahm , one of the best left backs

Daniel alves , to replace the ageing finnan

Arjen robben , very good player who can play on either flank

A top striker in the mould of drogba but younger

I can only see this type of transfers happening if DIC group takeover
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:47 pm

puroresu wrote:
stmichael wrote:there are a lot of rumours doing the rounds that schweinsteiger will be leaving bayern in the summer. he's only started 8 league games for them all season.

he be a great signing imo as he can play on either flank.

Yeah but I think Klinsmaan will be keeping him.  He was an important part of Jurgens germany side and would be v surprised if bayern got rid of him.

agreeded , like u said , he was a immense part of the germen team and i don't see klinsmann letting go of any of their star players
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:02 am

Going back to Liverpool of old they did have a reputation of back passing a lot. Hansen was first and foremost a defender and there to stop goals. There were great attacking players but balanced with a great defence.

The problem I see is we do not have the defenders who are also great in attack and bringing the ball out.  Agger is a step in the right direction and balanced well with Carra an old fashioned stopper. As much as I like Finnan and am ok with Riise they do not offer the attacking options we need.  You always build from the back and we did with Houllier build on a defence first premise.  Rafa is slowly putting this right but without wholesale changes that would see us leaking goals.

If Babel improves and we land one utterly class midfielder/attacking winger I can see us landing the title
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alonso14 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:57 pm

get eider gudjohnsen. i think he has what we might be missing up top.
Alonso14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:58 pm

Alonso14 wrote:get eider gudjohnsen. i think he has what we might be missing up top.

A diving chav albino?

No sir!

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:00 pm

Toffeehater wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:Whatever happened to all the clamor surrounding that Nihat chap who plays for Villarreal?

Wasn't he meant to be a fabulous player?

It died down , he's not really that great TBH honest , if we had the money , i'd buy 4 players

Phillip lahm , one of the best left backs

Daniel alves , to replace the ageing finnan

Arjen robben , very good player who can play on either flank

A top striker in the mould of drogba but younger

I can only see this type of transfers happening if DIC group takeover

It just seemed to go from "He's absolutely amazing and I cream my pants every time he plays" to "...*Tumbleweed..."

Just rather odd. I wondered if he'd really f*cked up at some point in the meantime, or whether it was just premature adulation in certain quarters...
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alonso14 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:
Alonso14 wrote:get eider gudjohnsen. i think he has what we might be missing up top.

A diving chav albino?

No sir!

i agree he perhaps doesn't have the morals to be a liverpool player, what he did to get alonso suspended a few years ago still angers me.

but he is out of favour, and could be bought for a cut price. he's proven prem class. and he's a damn good creative footballer.

EDIT - I just realise the irony of me saying we can get him at a cut price  :upside:
Last edited by Alonso14 on Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alonso14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:41 pm

Alonso14 wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:

A diving chav albino?

No sir!

i agree he perhaps doesn't have the morals to be a liverpool player, what he did to get alonso suspended a few years ago still angers me.

but he is out of favour, and could be bought for a cut price. he's proven prem class. and he's a damn good creative footballer.

EDIT - I just realise the irony of me saying we can get him at a cut price  :upside:

Great that you got your own joke, do you mind explaining it to me  :D

BTW I also think he would be a great signing, very good footballer.
heimdall

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:55 pm

Actually, from a pure footballing perspective (i.e. putting that incident with Xabi behind us), I think Gudjohnnsen is a very good shout.  He would certainly fill the brief of creative second striker that we need to partner Torres.  He's an intelligent player and offers a goal threat.  He's also comfortable with the rough and tumble of the Prem and wouldn't break the bank.  It goes without saying that he'd be a vast improvement on what we have in that position. :)
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion