McManaman, Fowler and Jones: Discuss

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:39 am

Yakka the stats aren't very kind to Robbie because they don't show the full picture. He suffered his knee injury during the later years of his career with us which effected him. Also when GH Robbie was then rotated a lot more with Heskey , Owen and Litmanen

He also played a lot of games late in his career when he wasn't scoring week in week out over in Australia and Thailand etc

The stats don't show the true picture of Robbie's ability.
Benny The Noon

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:10 am

Woof, I expect that all those who have been comparing Fowler, Owen and Suarez in this thread have now been suspended for derailing.
So I will give my opinion on the thread subject:
Fowler and Jones, yes, all day as mentors, but in a voluntary capacity.
McManaman, no. Not in a million years after the way he treated the club before he left for Fail Madrid. An imposter and a tw@t who Sh*t on us and should only be tolerated as someone who once loved LFC for a while before betraying us.
:nod
Thommo's perm

Postby Stu the Red » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:41 pm

devaney » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:22 am wrote:Was Fangio better than say Senna or Schumacher? Different times and very different conditions.Same applies to Greaves and Fowler. All brilliant but difficult to compare and draw an accurate comparison.Lets face it, it's not the same as fkg darts is it !!!  :laugh: Just a little joke for any of you dartists. I know technology has helped the game together with the fact that they no longer drink 15 pints a match !!!  :laugh:

So who's the better darts player? The one who drinks fifteen pints a match and plays with old darts, or the one who doesn't drink while playing and plays with new darts :D
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:18 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:24 pm wrote:
the difference between greaves and fowler though mate was that jimmy greaves scored goals, i mean lots of them.
greaves scored 100 league goals before he was 21, a record that still stands today.
fowler scored 186 career goals, greaves had scored over 200 by the age of 23.
greaves still holds the record for the number of seasons he topped the scoring charts and he did it in a era when his contemporaries were the likes of dennis law, roger hunt and george best etc.
greaves finished his career with a total of 422 goals in just 602 appearances, fowler scored 186 in 460, there`s hardly any comparison.

I give you a clear and lucid explanation why I feel Fowler had more natural goalscoring talent than anyone I've ever seen in a reds shirt  ,and why the lad is
lauded by most Scouser's ,and you throw stats at me mate. I firmly believe the reason Fowler is the subject of such adulation is he was one of our own,ok
Rush scored more goals ,but he will never be revered in this city to the extent Fowler is......That's just the way it is mate,some players have longevity and
brilliant stats ,and some burn so intensely in the short time they're here they etch themselves into your memory forever..... Fowler for me was one of those
players.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:03 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:18 pm wrote:
the difference between greaves and fowler though mate was that jimmy greaves scored goals, i mean lots of them.
greaves scored 100 league goals before he was 21, a record that still stands today.
greaves still holds the record for the number of seasons he topped the scoring charts and he did it in a era when his contemporaries were the likes of dennis law, roger hunt and george best etc.
greaves finished his career with a total of 422 goals in just 602 appearances, fowler scored 186 in 460, there`s hardly any comparison.

I give you a clear and lucid explanation why I feel Fowler had more natural goalscoring talent than anyone I've ever seen in a reds shirt  ,and why the lad is
lauded by most Scouser's ,and you throw stats at me mate. I firmly believe the reason Fowler is the subject of such adulation is he was one of our own,ok
Rush scored more goals ,but he will never be revered in this city to the extent Fowler is......That's just the way it is mate,some players have longevity and
brilliant stats ,and some burn so intensely in the short time they're here they etch themselves into your memory forever..... Fowler for me was one of those
players.

Wrong :D
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby supersub » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:51 pm

players.

Correct  :D
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:55 pm

players.

Spot on
Benny The Noon

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion