Maybe its time for rafa to go ?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby club_Levis » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:11 am

mattylfc wrote:I think there has been some really good points made in this thread after getting through some of the nonsense. Personally, if there is little change by the end of the season then unfortunately Rafa must go.

One thing i want to make clear is that i really rate Rafa as a manager and he has proved himself as one of the best mangers in the world in my eyes. Whilst he is still in charge, he has my full support as manager and if i was to wake up tomorrow and read that Rafa had gone i would be truly gutted.

Quite a lot of the earlier posters were suggesting that anyone that queries rafas future doesnt care about the club and Rafa as a person. This is completely untrue in my case, i am just realistic and will always put the club before anyone else and if that means Rafa making way then unfortunately thats the way it will have to be.

Like everyone else on here we have reached the highest standards and seen some of the best football played at the highest level. For a long time now i have been very disapointed with our style of play and the way in which we approach games.  We as a club have been notorious for an exciting style of play and a never say die attitude and that seems to have disappeared lately.

Too many times i have seen us turn up against weaker opposition under Rafa and planned our team around them. Obviously we always need to take certain things into consideration but we should be at a level by now where we need not worry too much about what the opposition do. We should go out to win every single game.

With regards to signings, Rafa has bought in some unbelievable players who will hopefully be here for years to come but i also feel that too often he has bridged gaps with signings and hasnt nailed those key players that we still require. I know that we have had problems with money at times and there is obviously tension in the background at the moment but i still believe that we can free up a lot of money in the sales of average existing players coupled with money from other areas.

Im not someone who believes that you have to go out and spend top amounts for the sake of it but i am someone that can see that if we were to sell two or three players in which we could get substantial cash for and then go and buy three top class players ( in the calibre of Torres), we would be so much closer to the top three than we are now.  I want Rafa to sign players that he feels he cannot drop because they are simply that good and are important to the team.

Rafa has shown already that in a one off games we can beat anyone on our day but over the season we just dont have the same consistancy or the quality of players to cope with the demands of the premier league.
I really do hope that Rafa is the man to turn things around for us but if i am completely honest, i just cant see it happening.

Sensible post mate.... :bowdown  :bowdown
club_Levis

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:53 pm

mattylfc wrote:I think there has been some really good points made in this thread after getting through some of the nonsense. Personally, if there is little change by the end of the season then unfortunately Rafa must go.

One thing i want to make clear is that i really rate Rafa as a manager and he has proved himself as one of the best mangers in the world in my eyes. Whilst he is still in charge, he has my full support as manager and if i was to wake up tomorrow and read that Rafa had gone i would be truly gutted.

Quite a lot of the earlier posters were suggesting that anyone that queries rafas future doesnt care about the club and Rafa as a person. This is completely untrue in my case, i am just realistic and will always put the club before anyone else and if that means Rafa making way then unfortunately thats the way it will have to be.

Like everyone else on here we have reached the highest standards and seen some of the best football played at the highest level. For a long time now i have been very disapointed with our style of play and the way in which we approach games.  We as a club have been notorious for an exciting style of play and a never say die attitude and that seems to have disappeared lately.

Too many times i have seen us turn up against weaker opposition under Rafa and planned our team around them. Obviously we always need to take certain things into consideration but we should be at a level by now where we need not worry too much about what the opposition do. We should go out to win every single game.

With regards to signings, Rafa has bought in some unbelievable players who will hopefully be here for years to come but i also feel that too often he has bridged gaps with signings and hasnt nailed those key players that we still require. I know that we have had problems with money at times and there is obviously tension in the background at the moment but i still believe that we can free up a lot of money in the sales of average existing players coupled with money from other areas.

Im not someone who believes that you have to go out and spend top amounts for the sake of it but i am someone that can see that if we were to sell two or three players in which we could get substantial cash for and then go and buy three top class players ( in the calibre of Torres), we would be so much closer to the top three than we are now.  I want Rafa to sign players that he feels he cannot drop because they are simply that good and are important to the team.

Rafa has shown already that in a one off games we can beat anyone on our day but over the season we just dont have the same consistancy or the quality of players to cope with the demands of the premier league.
I really do hope that Rafa is the man to turn things around for us but if i am completely honest, i just cant see it happening.

Good sensible post...

Im confused..  I can see his good points, which are many, but I am also enough of a realist to see his bad ones..   I just don't know which way to go, so I am going to wait till then end of the season..
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby LittleHobo » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:58 pm

i think the liverpool fans are becoming too soft

here is the only fact that matters because we cant have them nasty mancs beating our league championship wins record

1. rafa has been here 4 years and we have as yet NOT challenged for the title

how many more years do the fans think this is acceptable?

also his record against his main rivals (utd, chelsea, arsenal) in the league is simply not good enough
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby puroresu » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:08 pm

LittleHobo wrote:i think the liverpool fans are becoming too soft

here is the only fact that matters because we cant have them nasty mancs beating our league championship wins record

1. rafa has been here 4 years and we have as yet NOT challenged for the title

how many more years do the fans think this is acceptable?

I agree.  People try to argue that ferguson took longer to get Utd the title but that was 20 years ago.  The game has changed and no manager at any top European side is given 4 to 5 years with no title challenge.  I really dont see how given rafa a 5th season will change anything.  At the rate we are going we could finish 15 - 20 points behind the Champions.  That is not good enough!!
puroresu

Postby Igor Zidane » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:16 pm

Can we make the distinction then please , when people say rafa isn't good enough in there opinion . He must be sacked because we havent challenged for the league and that's all you want , never mind any other comps , it's the league or nothing  else , NAIL YOUR COLOURS TO THE MAST NOW . If we don't challenge for the league ,never mind win the fecker . Rafa must go. Whatever happens this season ,we will not challenge for the league and Rafa's not going to change his ways , so he must be sacked . No proviso's ,he's got to go . Am i correct in my assessment.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:31 pm

Whatever happens this season ,we will not challenge for the league and Rafa's not going to change his ways , so he must be sacked . No proviso's ,he's got to go . Am i correct in my assessment.

Well, we're not going to challenge this year, fair enough for obvious reasons. But if Rafa wont change his ways IMHO it'll be the same frustrtation next year for us as a league team. So my answer would be Yes Igor.

Another thing, (not aimed at you Igor) I'm f.ucking fed up with Liverpool supporters on here who say ' so what about the league blah blah, cough cough Lando the blinkered Griffin. UNBELIEVABLE to here an LFC supporter to disregard th domestic campaign, I have to admit that its the first time in my life I've ever heard an LFC "fan" talk like that about the league.

We're scrapping for fourth and people seem very content with that, obviously you were born in the 90's or started supporting LFC in the 90's and have never witnessed a league title, and thats the great shame of it all really. CL or Premiership well for me theres no doubt.

Some people need to pull the heads from out of their @rses and stop being so utterly stupid with " YOu havent got a coaching badge blah blah blah , how f.uckin childish and lame can you get, FFS grow up you cretinous ti.ts ! :angry:
Last edited by 66-1112520797 on Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
66-1112520797

Postby puroresu » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:35 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:Can we make the distinction then please , when people say rafa isn't good enough in there opinion . He must be sacked because we havent challenged for the league and that's all you want , never mind any other comps , it's the league or nothing  else , NAIL YOUR COLOURS TO THE MAST NOW . If we don't challenge for the league ,never mind win the fecker . Rafa must go. Whatever happens this season ,we will not challenge for the league and Rafa's not going to change his ways , so he must be sacked . No proviso's ,he's got to go . Am i correct in my assessment.

Of course other competitions matter but regardless of the cups I really fail to see how after 4 years not being in the title race beyond christmas is acceptable.  Surely this only goes to show that when it comes to the task of winning games week in week out rafa has failed to get a side capable of doing so.  I am not saying lets challenge for the title and then fail in Europe and in the FA cup.  However correct me if I'm wrong there was plenty fans on here who after we struggled in the CL were saying "I don't care if we go out 1st round, we can concentrate on the league". Now its all change though as the league as gone so they the CL suddenly is priority.  We are LFC being manager of LFC comes with expectation.  I don't see how expecting the side to be competitive in Europe and at the minimum fighting for the title is too much to ask.  If we were in the race for the title I would be fine with that.  Just after 4 seasons I have lost faith in rafa being able to ever mount a really serious title challenge.
puroresu

Postby Igor Zidane » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:43 pm

puroresu wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:Can we make the distinction then please , when people say rafa isn't good enough in there opinion . He must be sacked because we havent challenged for the league and that's all you want , never mind any other comps , it's the league or nothing  else , NAIL YOUR COLOURS TO THE MAST NOW . If we don't challenge for the league ,never mind win the fecker . Rafa must go. Whatever happens this season ,we will not challenge for the league and Rafa's not going to change his ways , so he must be sacked . No proviso's ,he's got to go . Am i correct in my assessment.

Of course other competitions matter but regardless of the cups I really fail to see how after 4 years not being in the title race beyond christmas is acceptable.  Surely this only goes to show that when it comes to the task of winning games week in week out rafa has failed to get a side capable of doing so.  I am not saying lets challenge for the title and then fail in Europe and in the FA cup.  However correct me if I'm wrong there was plenty fans on here who after we struggled in the CL were saying "I don't care if we go out 1st round, we can concentrate on the league". Now its all change though as the league as gone so they the CL suddenly is priority.  We are LFC being manager of LFC comes with expectation.  I don't see how expecting the side to be competitive in Europe and at the minimum fighting for the title is too much to ask.  If we were in the race for the title I would be fine with that.  Just after 4 seasons I have lost faith in rafa being able to ever mount a really serious title challenge.

So i'll take that as a yes then , sack him at the end of the season .
UP THE PURPS !!!
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:46 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:
puroresu wrote:

I do think its time for a change.
puroresu

Postby Igor Zidane » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:49 pm

puroresu wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:
puroresu wrote:

I do think its time for a change.

Fair enough mate.
UP THE PURPS !!!
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:58 pm

bigmick wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:
bigmick wrote::angry: Hey, How come I don't get a top post quote]
Happy scrappy mutual appreciation club, mate...we're a closed shop!

Ah fair enuff' I s'pose mate. Feck it, let rafa have another year. Now is that a top post or what    ???  ???

most def a top post...  :D

edit: was suppose to be "top top post" but however because of this "You have posted a message with more emoticons that this board allows. Please reduce the number of emoticons you've added to the message" you only get "top post"... and how silly is that restriction??
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:59 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
maguskwt wrote:
redtrader74 wrote:Happy scrappies FFS another label Mick??!! How about 'The fickle Faithless!' just as silly.

All those in favour of removing Rafa and the only name that crops up as a replacement is Mourinho, and its said as though he is waiting in the wings ready to take over. IMHO he will NEVER come to LFC as manager (keep dreaming) and why would he? he has already cut his teeth at Porto with average funds, although in their League he was still the biggest spender, has been at a Club where he had a blank cheque, he probably has one big job in him, and is not going to be at LFC, poor funds, no stability. If G&H couldn't swallow Rafas' mildest words of dissent what chance of reigning in Mourinho?

So think again and come up with some new names....oh let me think.....in all the monthes of wanting Rafa out by a variety of posters NO VIABLE ALTERNATIVES have ever been mentioned, and don't forget the minimum criteria, European experience with some success, winner of a top League, Worldwide respect, young enough to build for the future. I suppose that counts out Dave Jones and Paul Jewell  :;):

If we win nothing this year and do not reach a final it will be a poor season, (enough to get rid of Rafa?) the previous three years have been in general successful campaigns and have added a lustre to the Liverpool name. They'll be dancing in the aisles at the next Club that Rafa goes to if G&H get their way, and only then will some realise how good a manager he is.

Top post...

I thought you were one of the ones that wanted him out? :upside:

yes... after 2 more seasons...  :D
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:40 pm

Id rather see him out now rather than watch potentially 2 more seasons of the same. Not to mention the likes of Carra and Stevie age 2 more years with nothing to show. Not that I know for sure we wouldnt win anything in 2 years but lets be honest have we really improved in the league. So we got a record points total last year...whodedooda suck on my chocolate salty balls, the games moving on big deal. We finished 2nd under Houllier and that imo is our peak in the last 10 years as far as the league has been.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:32 pm

Allas the time has come he has to go.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mart » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:23 am

Ciggy wrote:Allas the time has come he has to go.

It looks like its just a matter of time.
Looks bad for Liverpools future.
mart
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion