Maybe its time for rafa to go ?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby lakes10 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:29 am

The Manhattan Project wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
OneHotRed wrote:Why does every post on here end up with people calling each other tools? its f.ucking pathetic and very boring

If anyone wants to call Manhattan a tool, call me a drill, because I like drilling stuff, usually for no reason....I just like drilling for no reason.

So long it's of the female variety and has two legs... :oh:

Manhattan would never drill a hole into a woman's head using a Bosch

:censored: hell i just busted up at this part of the thread lol  :buttrock
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:33 am

NANNY RED wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:OK ok  i apologise

Guess me eyesight goin now then aswell  :D

Kinell nanny ,only been on here since may 2007 .How long have you been supporting the club? feckin glory hunter. :laugh:

:D YEP gloryhunting since the 1965 cup final when i was 7 i jumped on the bandwagon then, long long road but still in love :hearts

just found something on the news that might help you over the next few year

Alzheimer's helmet therapy hope 

Trial participants will wear the helmet for 10 minutes a day
An experimental helmet is being tested by scientists as a treatment for Alzheimer's
It delivers low levels of infra-red light, which researchers at the University of Sunderland, believe may stimulate the growth of brain cells.

Tests in mice showed it improved learning ability and a study in humans is due to begin in the summer.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7208768.stm

not sure it will help with your eyes

:D
Last edited by lakes10 on Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:14 am

We may know the answer come the end of the season.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBlood » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:39 am

rafa is a great manager and has been successful in his sort time here
he is bulding for the future as well as the present and should be given time to finnish his masterplan
the squad is far better from the one he inherrited and its unrealistic to say he hasnt won the league get him out
although i do believe if we hadnt had injuries to key players and if there wasnt a media circus surrounding our club we would be in a much better posistion
give the man time or we could end up likenewcastle with a different manager every week
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:35 am

RedBlood wrote:rafa is a great manager and has been successful in his sort time here
he is bulding for the future as well as the present and should be given time to finnish his masterplan
the squad is far better from the one he inherrited and its unrealistic to say he hasnt won the league get him out
although i do believe if we hadnt had injuries to key players and if there wasnt a media circus surrounding our club we would be in a much better posistion
give the man time or we could end up likenewcastle with a different manager every week

:bowdown
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby Kharhaz » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:37 am

We may know the answer come the end of the season.

Indeed, at present it all comes down to whether we can qualify for the champs league. That of course is just mine and others opinion but he does have 2 years left on his contract.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:39 am

Ah f*ck it - here's my 2p worth:
Those who think Rafa should go need shooting with an elephant gun.

I include ANYONE who believes he should go, without exception.

If you don't like it - kiss my fat, hairy a*se.

'that alright, f*ckers? ???

And I'll tell you for why, too:

Because the bloke's a f*cking miracle worker - he gets us to places no other manager could. He conducts himself in the proper fashion - not like a fame-drunk p*ss-pot like Moris, or a whiskey-drunk red-nosed bitter c*nt like rudolph. He has compassion, he loves the fans, he loves the club, and he's a f*cking gentleman.

Not to mention the fact that he's won the biggest tournaments in World footy, save for the f*cking "oh-so-much-better-than-everything-else Premiership."

Get a grip, you loony :censored: packets - the Prem is f*ck all in comparison to the Champions' league.

Here it is, as plain as day:

"Shanks said the league is our 'bread and butter'".

Well that's as well as maybe. But guess what?

Shanks is dead. (Sorry if I've shocked any of you f*ckers still living in the '70's and '80's)
Just because he was right :censored: decades ago, it doesn't mean he's right now.

I take it you silly b*stards still refuse to eat meat on Fridays, still don't have sex until you're married, and still attend church every bastarding Sunday?

Because let's be honest - if you want to live in the past, you can't just pick-and-choose which bits you want to keep.

W*nk ers.
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:39 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:I think I'm coming to the conclusion that it maybe better if Rafa left Liverpool at the end of the season.

Firstly let me just put it out there that I despise G&H and what they've done at the club, and I think undermining Rafa like they did was disgraceful. I think I'd stick up for any manager who found himself in the same predicament as Rafa Benitez did. There is no doubt that since they've come in they've made life hell for the Spaniard, how is he supposed to work under those sort of conditions ?
Hicks has come out and said that they'll give him their full support and hope to try and build a bridge over this whole situation. Fact of the matter is the two Yanks and Rafa will never be in unison when it comes down to football and transfers alike. It wouldnt surprise me, and I wouldnt blame Rafa for holding a grudge against those two, and for that I just cannot see this matter being a good foundation to get Liverpool going again, they'll always be friction between the trio, then add Parry into the pot and there seems a recipe for disaster. I would like to see the Yanks go before Rafa does, but I cannot see this happening now.  :(

Secondly and for purely footballing reasons now, I have to say that I've lost faith in Benitez somewhat. I cannot see him taking us any further than where we are currently situated in terms of league status. I'd hoped at the begining of this season he'd of put any doubts in my mind I had about him in the previous season, and erased them. For me he hasnt, hes just mirrored what he did from the season before and persisted with methods that just have not worked. So many people will tell me he wont change, and they're right he wont. So in my mind thats why I've lost faith in him. He doesnt seem willing to change and adapt his methods and thats costing us again this season.
I also think there is a lot of room for his man-management skills to be improved on, and I dont see him as a real motivator to his players. For me now in the way that we play and the lack of grit, determination and seemingly passion we're showind, he's becoming the equavilant of Sven Goran Erricksson during his tenure in charge of England. That may come accross as a tad harsh, but its the only comparrison I can make to try and get my point accross.
He hasnt got an assistant, he needs one as much as the players need one there clearly is a missing link there and its a void Rafa isnt able to fill. He hasnt brought anyone in to help him out, I dont know, he may not of worked with many people to know who are good coaches, he may of only worked with and handful of coaches, which possibly shows a shallow depth in his recruiting department. I maybe wrong and he may know many more able coaches to help him out, but if so why hasnt he got one in ?

Another gut feeling I get is that the players themselves dont have much hope in Rafa's methods anymore, didnt Carra say something along those sort of lines in an interview shortly or give that impression anyway ? If it is true and some of the players are feeling like this, Rafa's own chances of making us successful are slim to none, everything is stacking up against him now, and it might be better for him and us if he were to swallow his pride and move on.
There isnt any cohesiveness to our football anymore, there doesnt seem that kind of winning mentality and togetherness that all title winning sides need. Yes with whats gone on at the club will certainly of not done us any favours nor Rafa, but I feel this debacle has luckily for Rafa IMO turned our attention elsewhere, and as the football has become a distant second in most fans minds, its kind of made a valid excuse for poor performances, but even before all this it wasnt clear we were heading any further in the right direction.

This is a $hit time for the fans and the club I know, but I dont think it will get any better between Rafa and the board and between Rafa and our football.

Top post BM, although i don't agree with you. I still think we've got legs in this season yet and i'm hoping we'll still get some silverware, but to be honest with you my priority at the moment is getting these two yanks out and getting DIC in and getting some sort of stability back in the club.

I'm prepared to write these season off now and start again ,no matter what happens on the pitch , I want rafa to have one more season atleast ,with proper funding and a settled club .

I know i don't agree with you ,but i understand where your coming from and i know 'it's just not another sack rafa post . It's a carefully considered arguement with alot of thought ,i just don't agree with you mate .

Not having a go at u mate or anything , i think rafa has had his money and has made some bad buys , so i don't think it's fair to say that he has not had proper money , i think we are still clearly 3 players away from winning the league , so maybe just maybe rafa should have one more season IF he is given the money and does not perform then it's time for him to go

What proper money has he had mate? Where can you say he's been backed to compete for signings that the likes of man u and chelsea have made , one swollow does not make a summer mate.

A few bad buys . crouch was what 10 mill?? , dirk kuyt was another 10 mill , bellamy was 6 million , morrienties was 7 million , gonzales was 5 million , thats close to 40 mill wasted , with that money we could have added 2 top class players more , u talk abt manu and chelsea , chelsea have a blank cheque  , they have spent 300 mill in the first 2 seasons , manu have spent also abt 40 mill in the summer , now i am not having a go and saying that rafa has spent more the fergie or wenger , but i am saying, some of his bad buys could have have hurt us esp when the money could have been used to sign 2 more top class players. Arsenal have spent the least mate , so what does that say? Whoever spends the most is better?

Crouch was £7m, and some might say that that was a shrewd bit of business, considering he was our top scorer last season...

he's been cr@p this season , and it showed against havant missing chance after chance after chance
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:45 am

SouthCoastShankly wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:I think I'm coming to the conclusion that it maybe better if Rafa left Liverpool at the end of the season.

Firstly let me just put it out there that I despise G&H and what they've done at the club, and I think undermining Rafa like they did was disgraceful. I think I'd stick up for any manager who found himself in the same predicament as Rafa Benitez did. There is no doubt that since they've come in they've made life hell for the Spaniard, how is he supposed to work under those sort of conditions ?
Hicks has come out and said that they'll give him their full support and hope to try and build a bridge over this whole situation. Fact of the matter is the two Yanks and Rafa will never be in unison when it comes down to football and transfers alike. It wouldnt surprise me, and I wouldnt blame Rafa for holding a grudge against those two, and for that I just cannot see this matter being a good foundation to get Liverpool going again, they'll always be friction between the trio, then add Parry into the pot and there seems a recipe for disaster. I would like to see the Yanks go before Rafa does, but I cannot see this happening now.  :(

Secondly and for purely footballing reasons now, I have to say that I've lost faith in Benitez somewhat. I cannot see him taking us any further than where we are currently situated in terms of league status. I'd hoped at the begining of this season he'd of put any doubts in my mind I had about him in the previous season, and erased them. For me he hasnt, hes just mirrored what he did from the season before and persisted with methods that just have not worked. So many people will tell me he wont change, and they're right he wont. So in my mind thats why I've lost faith in him. He doesnt seem willing to change and adapt his methods and thats costing us again this season.
I also think there is a lot of room for his man-management skills to be improved on, and I dont see him as a real motivator to his players. For me now in the way that we play and the lack of grit, determination and seemingly passion we're showind, he's becoming the equavilant of Sven Goran Erricksson during his tenure in charge of England. That may come accross as a tad harsh, but its the only comparrison I can make to try and get my point accross.
He hasnt got an assistant, he needs one as much as the players need one there clearly is a missing link there and its a void Rafa isnt able to fill. He hasnt brought anyone in to help him out, I dont know, he may not of worked with many people to know who are good coaches, he may of only worked with and handful of coaches, which possibly shows a shallow depth in his recruiting department. I maybe wrong and he may know many more able coaches to help him out, but if so why hasnt he got one in ?

Another gut feeling I get is that the players themselves dont have much hope in Rafa's methods anymore, didnt Carra say something along those sort of lines in an interview shortly or give that impression anyway ? If it is true and some of the players are feeling like this, Rafa's own chances of making us successful are slim to none, everything is stacking up against him now, and it might be better for him and us if he were to swallow his pride and move on.
There isnt any cohesiveness to our football anymore, there doesnt seem that kind of winning mentality and togetherness that all title winning sides need. Yes with whats gone on at the club will certainly of not done us any favours nor Rafa, but I feel this debacle has luckily for Rafa IMO turned our attention elsewhere, and as the football has become a distant second in most fans minds, its kind of made a valid excuse for poor performances, but even before all this it wasnt clear we were heading any further in the right direction.

This is a $hit time for the fans and the club I know, but I dont think it will get any better between Rafa and the board and between Rafa and our football.

Top post BM, although i don't agree with you. I still think we've got legs in this season yet and i'm hoping we'll still get some silverware, but to be honest with you my priority at the moment is getting these two yanks out and getting DIC in and getting some sort of stability back in the club.

I'm prepared to write these season off now and start again ,no matter what happens on the pitch , I want rafa to have one more season atleast ,with proper funding and a settled club .

I know i don't agree with you ,but i understand where your coming from and i know 'it's just not another sack rafa post . It's a carefully considered arguement with alot of thought ,i just don't agree with you mate .

Not having a go at u mate or anything , i think rafa has had his money and has made some bad buys , so i don't think it's fair to say that he has not had proper money , i think we are still clearly 3 players away from winning the league , so maybe just maybe rafa should have one more season IF he is given the money and does not perform then it's time for him to go

What proper money has he had mate? Where can you say he's been backed to compete for signings that the likes of man u and chelsea have made , one swollow does not make a summer mate.

A few bad buys . crouch was what 10 mill?? , dirk kuyt was another 10 mill , bellamy was 6 million , morrienties was 7 million , gonzales was 5 million , thats close to 40 mill wasted , with that money we could have added 2 top class players more , u talk abt manu and chelsea , chelsea have a blank cheque  , they have spent 300 mill in the first 2 seasons , manu have spent also abt 40 mill in the summer , now i am not having a go and saying that rafa has spent more the fergie or wenger , but i am saying, some of his bad buys could have have hurt us esp when the money could have been used to sign 2 more top class players. Arsenal have spent the least mate , so what does that say? Whoever spends the most is better?

Your heads in the clouds mate if you think Crouch is wasted money. Some fans can't tell their arse form their elbow.

how many goals has crouch gotten this season , he couldn't put away his chances against a PART TIME SOCCER TEAM , Lucas a defensive mid had 1 shot and he took it superbly
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:52 am

Toffeehater wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:

Crouch was £7m, and some might say that that was a shrewd bit of business, considering he was our top scorer last season...

he's been cr@p this season , and it showed against havant missing chance after chance after chance

But you might say he got us to the Champions' League final last year, earning the club £20m-odd.

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:42 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:Ah f*ck it - here's my 2p worth:

Because the bloke's a f*cking miracle worker - he gets us to places no other manager could. He conducts himself in the proper fashion - not like a fame-drunk p*ss-pot like Moris, or a whiskey-drunk red-nosed bitter c*nt like rudolph. He has compassion, he loves the fans, he loves the club, and he's a f*cking gentleman.

Not to mention the fact that he's won the biggest tournaments in World footy, save for the f*cking "oh-so-much-better-than-everything-else Premiership."

Get a grip, you loony :censored: packets - the Prem is f*ck all in comparison to the Champions' league.

Shanks is dead. (Sorry if I've shocked any of you f*ckers still living in the '70's and '80's)
Just because he was right :censored: decades ago, it doesn't mean he's right now.

I take it you silly b*stards still refuse to eat meat on Fridays, still don't have sex until you're married, and still attend church every bastarding Sunday?

Because let's be honest - if you want to live in the past, you can't just pick-and-choose which bits you want to keep.

W*nk ers.

One of the few pieces of 'purely unadulterated w@nk' i have read in this thread, this does top the lot.

No surprise really there though is it.
66-1112520797

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:51 am

Bamaga man wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:Ah f*ck it - here's my 2p worth:

W*nk ers.

One of the few pieces of 'purely unadulterated w@nk' i have read in this thread, this does top the lot.

No surprise really there though is it.

A tip for you:

If you don't want the "unadulterated" truth - don't post b*llocks slating the only f*cking bloke with Liverpool's interests at heart.

Ok pumpkin?

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:52 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:

But you might say he got us to the Champions' League final last year, earning the club £20m-odd.

Why are u taking abt the past? move on to this season , what has he done to warrant himself a starting 11 place, or not be sold
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:54 am

Toffeehater wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:

Why are u taking abt the past? move on to this season , what has he done to warrant himself a starting 11 place, or not be sold

Oh my f*cking Lord.

Read what you've just put, ok?

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:00 am

Rafa can be dealt with at a later date we have far more worrying issues that need to be sorted out first.

And that is getting the two yanks out they have to go a.s.a.p so the club and team can get some stabilty back.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion