Maybe bad news 4 stevie gerrard ! - Crocked!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby gaz31 » Fri Sep 03, 2004 12:39 am

GERRARD LIMPS AWAY FROM TRAINING

Thursday September 02 2004

Steven Gerrard gave Sven-Goran Eriksson a big scare when he failed to finish the final ten minutes of England's last training session on Thursday.

By Zaheer Adams

The Liverpool skipper limped away from practice with a thigh strain, leaving the England boss sweating on his star midfielder's fitness ahead of the World Cup qualifier against Austria on Saturday.

The Football Association's head of media relations Adrian Bevington says a decision will be made on Gerrard after he undergoes treatment on Friday morning.

"Steven Gerrard pulled out of the final 10 minutes of training with a tight groin," said Bevington. "He will receive treatment and will be re-assessed on Friday morning."
When you get the ball, I want you to beat a couple of men and smash the ball into the net, just the same way you used to at Bury," said Shankly. Lindsay replied: "But Boss that wasn't me, it was Bobby Kerr." Shankly turned to Bob Paisley and said: "Christ Bob, we've signed the wrong player."
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby greenred » Fri Sep 03, 2004 12:43 am

welcome back old guard :D
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gaz31 » Fri Sep 03, 2004 12:45 am

hello what u think ov the news then?
When you get the ball, I want you to beat a couple of men and smash the ball into the net, just the same way you used to at Bury," said Shankly. Lindsay replied: "But Boss that wasn't me, it was Bobby Kerr." Shankly turned to Bob Paisley and said: "Christ Bob, we've signed the wrong player."
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby Dalglish » Fri Sep 03, 2004 12:52 am

Hi Gaz, welcome back to the land of the Living :D

The News About Stevie ? In common with a  lot of fans who live in the north I don't much care about the effect it may or may not have on England's prospects. Obviously a concern if it rules him out for the upcoming WBA game and beyond.
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gaz31 » Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:04 am

yeah i was'nt thinking of England either mate !! my main concerns are the next games ...... we need him fit ALWAYS ...
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby greenred » Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:11 am

Im hoping the Gerrard "england" injury is the same as a Giggs "Wales" injury. I dont think he gives a toss about england.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gaz31 » Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:14 am

Do you think stevie puts club b4 country ?  ???
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby Dalglish » Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:15 am

greenred wrote:Im hoping the Gerrard "england" injury is the same as a Giggs "Wales" injury. I dont think he gives a toss about england.

I'm not so sure about that one Greenred. Gerard at least gets to hear fanciful stories of playing for a certain london team whilst on international duty !!! ???

As a Liverpool fan based in the north I don't go a bundle for England. It's Ok when we are in tournament's and stuff but thats about it . i spend most of my time ashamed of the following and the trouble they cause !
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:18 am

Hey Gaz ? Was you like me a bit perturbed that Stevie got shoved out on the right wing last Sunday for the 2nd half ? Hamanna nd Alonso are very similar kind of players and I don't thinbk Stevie was too pleased to be pushed out wide to accommadate the two of them ?
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:22 am

International football features less and less in a modern footballers thoughts.Steven looks like an early retirer to me.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:15 am

Hes ruled out the game for tomorrow night :(  The groin injury is back just hope he doesnt play on wednesday either that hes fit for us for the WBA game. ffs this is all we need since the start of the season , smicer , hypia, kirkland, nunez ,joseme an now gerrard injured lady luck is not our our side :(
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby who the hell is diarra » Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:56 am

Hopefully it's a Ryan Giggs type of injury that keeps him out of internationals and heals up for the Club :D I could n't care less abou England as long as he's fit for WBA  :p
Always Look on the bright side of life
der der ........der der der der der

Drummerphil You'll never walk alone
who the hell is diarra
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 106-1093504160 » Fri Sep 03, 2004 12:38 pm

agreed cisse
106-1093504160

Postby gaz31 » Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:04 pm

i would'nt be suprised to see stevie play W.B.A but i dont think he is faking it " although ive heard his missus does"  :D  :)
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby supersub » Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:20 pm

I certainly hope Sven prevents SG from playing,if their is any doubt.Nowing Steven Gerrard he will declare he is fine because he is desperate to play for England.For myself I hope he is sent home and told he can't play next Wednesday either,because I'm a selfish get,who wants SG fit for the W.B.A. game.

gaz31, welcome back old-timer:D
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion