Maxi rodriguez - Thoughts?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby damjan193 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:45 pm

Rodriguez is a typical right wing midfield, not like Johnson who is more of a right back, and not like Benny who plays more in the attack, he is a RIGHT wing midfilder, as Riera is a left wing midfielder.As I said a RIGHT midfielder.Imagine playing Riera on the right... playing Rodriguez on the left is as bad.I've never seen Rodriguez play left... until Rafa tried somthing foolish as that.It's so stupid to play a typical right wing on the left, thers no logic in it.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:28 pm

stmichael wrote:I like him. He excels when the passing and movement in the team is good. Should never play on the left though.

agree.against portsmouth and sunderland when we played well he upped his game and didnt look at all out of place.
hope he continues to progress for the remainder of the season and maybe add a few goals for the cause :)
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby MASTER » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:30 pm

damjan193 wrote:Rodriguez is a typical right wing midfield, not like Johnson who is more of a right back, and not like Benny who plays more in the attack, he is a RIGHT wing midfilder, as Riera is a left wing midfielder.As I said a RIGHT midfielder.Imagine playing Riera on the right... playing Rodriguez on the left is as bad.I've never seen Rodriguez play left... until Rafa tried somthing foolish as that.It's so stupid to play a typical right wing on the left, thers no logic in it.

Oh yeah, Pires and Zidane are so bad on the left..........
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28S8kFG7hBM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXdcYrec4Ms
MASTER

Postby damjan193 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:55 pm

MASTER wrote:
damjan193 wrote:Rodriguez is a typical right wing midfield, not like Johnson who is more of a right back, and not like Benny who plays more in the attack, he is a RIGHT wing midfilder, as Riera is a left wing midfielder.As I said a RIGHT midfielder.Imagine playing Riera on the right... playing Rodriguez on the left is as bad.I've never seen Rodriguez play left... until Rafa tried somthing foolish as that.It's so stupid to play a typical right wing on the left, thers no logic in it.

Oh yeah, Pires and Zidane are so bad on the left..........
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28S8kFG7hBM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXdcYrec4Ms

Pires and Zidane were attacking midfielders -_-.Plus you are comparing world class players, legends of football with Rodriguez?Rodriguez is good, actully he is great(according to me), but you compare him with Pires or even Zidane?Ok, lets compare him with Messi then aswell
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Sir Roger » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:02 pm

Hes ok
Nothing special (yet) doesnt offend me (yet)
Maybe he will blossom next season?
Not as good as Aquilani
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby red37 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:22 pm

Liked him long before he came here. He is a solid acquisition.

My only niggle (as others have said) is his tendency to get bullied of the ball.  That and the fact that he seems to be taking some of the treatment he is subjected to (nowt wrong with a bit of that by the way) a touch to heart at the moment. His expression isnt one of the happiest of fellas in the world on the odd occasion.

He's added a good option anyhow. Im sure he'll 'beef-up' a bit. Aquilani's managed to appear a bit more assertive of late (when we've seen him)!

Maxi will do a good job for us.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Waldo » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:28 pm

Very impressed by Maxi. Not only the fact he is a good player with very good awareness and positional sense but also the speed at which he has settled into the EPL. He offers a bit more guile on the right than Kuyt.

A very clever piece of business @ £1.5m. :)
Waldo
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:32 pm

If the player is quick and skillful enough it can work well as the player can cut inside and tee up a shoton goal ala Henry. But Maxi is quite old now so it does baffle me a bit.

Still though he linked up well at times and as long as we win all our remaining games I don't care where he plays.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:46 pm

bavlondon wrote:

If the player is quick and skillful enough it can work well as the player can cut inside and tee up a shoton goal ala Henry. But Maxi is quite old now so it does baffle me a bit.

Still though he linked up well at times and as long as we win all our remaining games I don't care where he plays.

I was and still am an Atletico Madrid fan (not as big as for Liverpool), and Maxi was one of Atletico's top players.The year before last year he was amazing.He wasent bad last year either.As far as I remember he was an Argentina's first team regular and maybu scored the best goal of the turnament in the last WC against Mexico, a last minute winning goal aswell.That 2005-2006 season he was also great.So according to me Rodriguez is easy worth 10 mil, but I am talking about him in the past.Then again he is old as you said, but he is still young enough to show his real top form, and if he does we would have a real top class right winger after some time.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Scottbot » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:53 pm

LFC2007 wrote:He played more or less the same position today as he did against Portsmouth and on both occasions he's linked with Johnson and Gerrard well. That's what he does. He's a good one-touch link man. We don't get enough of that with Kuyt there.

That's a pretty good assessment of the player. He's not the quickest and he isn't going to run at players BUT he does have a nice range of passing, a bit of vision and he makes intelligent runs. A good little player to have in your squad. Must admit I think Rafa has afforded him too much time (certainly more than Aqua) in the team to acclimatise to English football particularly given our form and position this season however, he has turned in a couple of decent performances just recently.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedSi35 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:22 pm

Thought he did really well yesterday, not in the game as much as i thought he could of done, but he played some fantastic flicks and passes that opened sunderland up well.

Link up play was good also with johnson, kuyt and torres. Hoping for more good stuff from him
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:04 am

I think it would be a good idea to put him in central and paired with Mascherano. He really does lack in speed but he got good touches and the passing skill to do this.I think right now, he had shown more to me than Aqua does.
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby The Good Yank » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:19 am

akumaface wrote:I think it would be a good idea to put him in central and paired with Mascherano. He really does lack in speed but he got good touches and the passing skill to do this.I think right now, he had shown more to me than Aqua does.

I had the same thought.  I felt he looked at home in CM for the few minutes he played there.  LOL anything to keep Lucas off the pitch at this stage.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby leep33 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:29 am

Do we have an option to sign him or will he be a free agent in the summer?
leep33

Postby Owzat » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:22 pm

leep33 wrote:Do we have an option to sign him or will he be a free agent in the summer?

As far as I am aware he is a Liverpool player already. I'm sure it was mentioned in commentary on a match recently when someone said he was on loan and on wikipedia he is listed as having made a free transfer to Anfield

Liverpool
On 13 January 2010, Rodríguez completed a free transfer to Liverpool, signing a three-and-a-half year deal [5] and being given the number 17 shirt.[6] He made his debut for the club as a second-half substitute in a league match against Stoke City on the 16th,[7] his first full start coming a week and a half later, away to Wolverhampton Wanderers. Since his arrival to Liverpool, he has gained two league assists, both of which were for his former Atletico Madrid teammate Fernando Torres.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maxi_Rodriguez
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion