Maxi rodriguez - Should he get more game time?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RedSi35 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:51 pm

Totally agree with others, not a starter really, but can be especially effective in the latter stages of games. Clearly has a good understanding with Suarez ( mainly down to his flair and good touch ).

It's what we probably needed today as Kuyt and Bellamy were largely innefective.

If the game isnt going for you, why not use your 3 subs up?
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:40 pm

I actually believe he does deserve a chance, with the right system and setup he can bang in goals as he showed at the end of last season when we had a maxi-kuyt-suarez up front.

Let's face it Downing isn't producing, so its time for him to sit on the bench for a while and let other good players get their chance
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:02 pm

Put it this way, he cant be any worse than Kuyt or Henderson on the right hand side
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jimmy brighton » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:19 am

One addition that I would give a call for in the January transfer window is trying to sign Ryan Taylor from Newcastle. A life-long born and bred red scouser and a right sided midfielder which is what we need. I rate Henderson but we are playing him out of position. I rate Maxi but he does go missing for large parts of games especially those that he has started. An impact sub would be his best call. Kuyt works best on the right side of a front three and as we usually don't employ that system any more then maybe he is now at best another impact sub. Which brings me back to Ryan. Here is a boy who will certainly play with his heart on his sleeve. We need another scouse back-bone to the team and I would add him for a start
joey ate the frogs legs
made the swiss roll
now he's munching gladback
jimmy brighton
LFC Super Member

Postby redtrader74 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:53 pm

Showed again yesterday that he makes THE MOST intelligent runs at the Club, had Suarez and Bellamy a little more composure they could have put him in on goal 3-4 times. Kenny needs to see sense, swallow his pride and give him more game time. Players like Henderson and Carroll could learn a lot from his intelligence.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:20 pm

redtrader74 wrote:Showed again yesterday that he makes THE MOST intelligent runs at the Club, had Suarez and Bellamy a little more composure they could have put him in on goal 3-4 times. Kenny needs to see sense, swallow his pride and give him more game time. Players like Henderson and Carroll could learn a lot from his intelligence.

word.

his off the ball movement and positioning is exceptional.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Kukilon » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:28 pm

Actually weird to see such a "bad" player play so good every time he is given the chance. He is Fowleresque in his playing style when it comes to efficiency.

Kuyt makes up for it by working his :censored: off and Maxi just sneaks around doing deadly stuff.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby alwayslfc » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:16 am

Maxi should be given more games. He has proven himself to be able to bang in some much needed goals since Kenny took over. His goals may not be world class but he can stick them into the net.
alwayslfc

Postby parchpea » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:32 pm

Maxi is like a few we have though, looks excellent some days then you dont know hes on the park the next. Terrific against Chelsea but hes stunk the place out on other occasions. Its that consistency we need individually and collectively and this is what we find difficult to resolve. I think there are days when its right to chuck in Maxi and Chelsea was one but you cannot run in behind at Anfield with 11 men camped in the first third of the field.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby killerp » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:09 am

Almost forgot Maxi was still a Liverpool player until the Chelsea game. :;):
killerp

Postby ethanr » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:33 am

parchpea wrote:Maxi is like a few we have though, looks excellent some days then you dont know hes on the park the next. Terrific against Chelsea but hes stunk the place out on other occasions. Its that consistency we need individually and collectively and this is what we find difficult to resolve. I think there are days when its right to chuck in Maxi and Chelsea was one but you cannot run in behind at Anfield with 11 men camped in the first third of the field.

Couldn't agree more.  I think this is only his 2nd start this year, the first coming in a CC game if I'm not mistaken.  During his first game, he was bar-none the worst player on the pitch.

I was skeptical seeing him in the starting lineup, but I was happy to see Downing was finally benched for a game.  Maxi was very impressive tho.  He linked up very well with Suarez.  He scored a goal from good linkup between Bellamy and great pressure by Adam.  Like others have said, his off the ball movement was fantastic.  He's a winger, but he gets in behind people like a very smart striker.  If we can get some consistent performances like that off him, then I'd be very happy.  I think most of us would be.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby mart » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:56 pm

ethanr wrote:If we can get some consistent performances like that off him, then I'd be very happy.  I think most of us would be.

Then he has to play a lot more. At least maxi delivers most of the time, and he knows how to score goals. He should start instead of the consistently poor downing.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby redtrader74 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:50 pm

His performance doesnt really change that much, thing is that his best game is reliant upon others in the side having the vision to see his runs and movement, and is the reason why his best performances for us have been since our play has been more expansive, and when Maxi was played alongside Suarez and the much missed Meireles.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby JC_81 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:56 pm

Kenny is pretty old school in his approach.  I don't think he'll change the team after they played so well at Chelsea.

Barring injury I reckon the same team starts v City.  Which means Maxi and Bellamy, which I'm more than happy with.  Bellamy will want to play well v City too.

Downing's form dipped about 5 or 6 games ago, it was about time he was benched.

Isn't that why we have a squad?  So we can pick the players in form?
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:36 pm

john craig wrote:Kenny is pretty old school in his approach.  I don't think he'll change the team after they played so well at Chelsea.

Barring injury I reckon the same team starts v City.  Which means Maxi and Bellamy, which I'm more than happy with.  Bellamy will want to play well v City too.

Downing's form dipped about 5 or 6 games ago, it was about time he was benched.

Isn't that why we have a squad?  So we can pick the players in form?

Agreed

I think Kenny will stick with the same team that beat chelsea, Bellamy-Suarez-Maxi looked good linking up together.

As for Maxi I thought he did alright against Chelsea, he got into right positions and passed well, but he went quite in the 2nd half. Howeve, I believe he deserves a chance to start next game.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion