MAXI RODRIGUEZ - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Waldo » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:08 pm

9m for Babel + 4.7m for Dossena + 2m for Voronin ??? Abso'fookin'lutely take these deals Rafa.

Represents a bloody good days work Rafa and no doubt the squad will get a serious boost from some of the p*sh leaving the club.
Waldo
LFC Super Member

Postby Waldo » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:15 pm

Spurs might not be up for this but -

Jamie O'Hara -

Looks like Pompey won't be allowed to extend his loan due to transfer embargo. He was rumoured to be part of the swap deal with Keane (O'Hara and Lennon - how good would that have been had it happened?). Would offer some welcome energy down the left and also great from set pieces.

David Bentley -

No doubt about the fact he is on his way from Spurs. We were linked with him at the end of the last transfer window. Like O'Hara he would offer som width. Probably less likely now that Maxi Rodriguez is on his way to Anfield.

Like I say...I would doubt Spurs would do business with us in this window given our respective places in the EPL at the moment. But they are 2 players I would like to see at Anfield.

Some will argue 'why would we want Spurs rejects' but I think, especially in the case of O'Hara, they would fit well into our team and formation.
Waldo
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:27 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:If Brum have offered us £9m for Babel, it does go to show that he's a talent.

It also goes to show that they have no idea of how bone idle he truly is.

Sadly, it's quite obvious that he won't agree to move there and will hold the club to ransom until Ajax offer £200k and a packet of Marmite-flavoured Walker's crisps.

Berbatov has talent as well....but I'm glad we never looked at him....

If he does end up with another PL club, I sincerely hope Rafa's handling of the guy doesn't come back to haunt us....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby puroresu » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:32 am

Take him on loan.  His form over the last 2 years has dipped and there is a reason Athletico are ready to move him on.  Will he actually play instead of Kuyt.  Cant see it.  Rafa loves kuyt.
puroresu

Postby JoeTerp » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:14 am

Maxi Rod's goal against Mexico is the reason for how I got interested in football so I would be over the moon if he became a Liverpool player.
JoeTerp

Postby red_guy » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:54 am

bunglemark2 wrote:Berbatov has talent as well....but I'm glad we never looked at him....

Actually , we did in 2005. But he's too pricey.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anti-hero » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:04 am

I'M TIRED OF ALL THE CHATTER. JUST BOARD THE PLANE ALREADY SHEEEEEEEEEESH
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby made in UK » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:20 am

Maxi Rodriguez's agent has confirmed Liverpool are in talks to sign the Atletico Madrid winger.

Liverpool have lined up a move for the Argentine international as they look to bolster their squad during this month's transfer window.

Atletico are prepared to let Rodriguez leave as he has dropped down the pecking order at Vicente Calderon and his current contract is due to expire in the summer.

Rodriguez's representative, Jose Segui, has confirmed a deal is close after rejecting speculation in Italy that Juventus had entered the race for the 29-year-old.

"We are working. It's true we have spoken [with Liverpool], but there is nothing definitive," Segui told calciomercato.it.

"Juventus ? We have spoken with Liverpool and other sides, but never with Juventus.

"As for Liverpool, I don't know when the negotiation could be closed. It's up to the two clubs and to their decision.

"Anyway it would be a permanent transfer."

Courtesy of Sly.
"I'm a bellend and now I'm banned for life"
made in UK
LFC Super Member

Postby made in UK » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:22 am

I read somewhere else if Rafa could cash in on some of the dross he may go out a look for another striker to.

Credit to Rafa for this, because it is no doubt blo.ody hard signing players on a sell to buy policy.
"I'm a bellend and now I'm banned for life"
made in UK
LFC Super Member

Postby Waldo » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:39 am

Option for cover at the back would be Younas Kaboul @ Pompey. Would be a cheap option given Pompey's current plight and looks a decent player at RB and CB.
Waldo
LFC Super Member

Postby Toffeehater » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:16 pm

Permanent transfer means we're buying him and not loaning?
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kawaton » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:32 pm

I dont think ruud v n will join us. he is on relocation relocation on channel 4 looking to buy a house in surrey  :p
kawaton

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:25 pm

kawaton wrote:I dont think ruud v n will join us. he is on relocation relocation on channel 4 looking to buy a house in surrey  :p

...which when I last looked was nearer to Liverpool than Madrid.

:p
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:07 pm

sound like he's gonna cost 1.5m euros which if true is a brilliant deal!
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Waldo » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:22 pm

stmichael wrote:sound like he's gonna cost 1.5m euros which if true is a brilliant deal!

Yes - agreed. A superb bit of business at that price.
Waldo
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion